Hello There, Guest!

17-05-2011, 03:39 AM | Post: #61
SweetName 
I didn't run into any problems doing my pistol missions until I got to pistol mastery IV.

The class balance just isn't ever there for me to do 5 kills of each class in a round.

I was 1 soldier kill away two nights ago though... ohhh, so close, yet so far away.

(I'm pretty sure I did pistols 2-4 in 3 back to back rounds of MM. It was when I first started using the 2x VLR pistols... i'd log out to swap missions after each round, and then get play now'd back into the same server.)

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 05:35 AM | Post: #62
Mrs.DarthPedro 
i use 2 LR pistols as Soldier ( Sometimes ) and as commando

OMg this music sux

HeartHeart
[Image: 2967685903_cae4119966_o.gif]
HeartHeart
18-05-2011, 03:23 AM | Post: #63
padamlulek 
Update the guide!

I have some suggestions:

Clear up the weapons section, maybe give some links. It's kinda confusing.

Add the "do not use rank 2 or 4 mt, put it into tt then switch at 3 or 5" part

Add a double pistol counter

Add a better ending

18-05-2011, 04:46 AM | Post: #64
:RTC:Fearless 
(16-05-2011 08:17 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I'm still stuck on pistol IV, and several times I hit 14 kills and the round ended before I can get my last one.

Go to the creampies 24/7 MM lair. I got alot of my weapon missions there Smile

Lulek, I got srifle 4 on a noscope for the last kill on BB. Phew!

-KamnoT/onefearlesssniper

19-05-2011, 07:09 PM | Post: #65
LeNarval 
What do u think about Sparrow's pistol + LR pistol ? Smile
21-05-2011, 11:23 AM | Post: #66
Jaaannnnsen 
Played vs someone who did 1 shot pistol and VLR, he was doing really well. The only problem is that you kinda need lvl 5 stealth and lvl 5 elixir to get away from knifers and so on.
22-05-2011, 05:03 PM | Post: #67
ShadowYoh 
So with the release of the new Pirate Pistols, do you think having one VLR pistol and one Pirate Pistol would work?Huh[/align]

[Image: 5]
22-05-2011, 06:54 PM | Post: #68
LeNarval 
(22-05-2011 05:03 PM)ShadowYoh Wrote:  So with the release of the new Pirate Pistols, do you think having one VLR pistol and one Pirate Pistol would work?Huh[/align]

There will be a release?!! Oh noes.
22-05-2011, 08:37 PM | Post: #69
bhtest 
(22-05-2011 05:03 PM)ShadowYoh Wrote:  So with the release of the new Pirate Pistols, do you think having one VLR pistol and one Pirate Pistol would work?

I was going to ask the same. Is the new sniper-pistol a viable option to wield besides your normal LRP? In your video you never empty a pistol fully (mostly reloading after each kill, habit i guess?), you could theoratically use the pirate pistol to pop a quick shot when your normal pistol is reloading.

And since the pirate pistol isn't bound to an optimal range, it gives you some more punch at closer ranges? F.e. a knifing commando coming for you.
I haven't used the new pistol at all, so this might be blatant nonsense. Anyway, just wondering...
23-05-2011, 09:15 AM | Post: #70
SweetName 
(22-05-2011 08:37 PM)bhtest Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 05:03 PM)ShadowYoh Wrote:  So with the release of the new Pirate Pistols, do you think having one VLR pistol and one Pirate Pistol would work?

I was going to ask the same. Is the new sniper-pistol a viable option to wield besides your normal LRP? In your video you never empty a pistol fully (mostly reloading after each kill, habit i guess?), you could theoratically use the pirate pistol to pop a quick shot when your normal pistol is reloading.

Well, I haven't used the new pistol either actually. (yeah yeah, as a rule I don't play during update times... I prefer to let things settle down.)

But... As for the kill then reload thing in the video...

Yeah, I do stuff like that frequently... and yes, its just a bad habit I have. (I don't know if i said it here or said it elsewhere... but while my GUIDE is spot on... I personally don't make the best of it. I'm a fairly lazy player. A good player following the guide WILL perform much better with it than I do personally.)

To adress the THEORYCRAFT of the new pirate pistol...

Yeah, it should work just fine actually.

Here's the deal. You CAN sustain a much higher sustained dps/score per minute using two vlr pistols. (Thats a fact, not a theory.)

Its also easier and more reliable to spray high damage bullets vs try for a 1 off high damage shot. (Because the pirate pistol is an all or nothing deal.)

That being said... yes. Yes you should be able to do a Piratepistol swap whenever your VLR runs out of ammo... as far as KILLING a target goes.... that pistol has some amazing burst... and no limit to effective range... (I mean.. a TT + A pirate pistol and knifers have ZERO chance... TT5+ pirate pistol vs pretty much anyone is a win for you.)

But you WILL have small pauses in your ability to damage. (due to VLR pistol reload time... and due to losing the ability to sustain damage on multiple targets.)

/shrug...

Yeah yeah, I'll test the pistol out sometime soon... (Although... I was more interested in seeing what happens to a gunner when they get acces to a 1 shot sniper rifle + Cheeser + RPG... pirate pistol sounds like a bad idea for gamebalance imo.)

(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 09:17 AM by SweetName.)
23-05-2011, 02:16 PM | Post: #71
bhtest 
(23-05-2011 09:15 AM)SweetName Wrote:  (Although... I was more interested in seeing what happens to a gunner when they get acces to a 1 shot sniper rifle + Cheeser + RPG... pirate pistol sounds like a bad idea for gamebalance imo.)

(19-05-2011 03:44 PM)0x5b;LMS0x5d;jiijii Wrote:  Ok, coming from my opinion as a skilled gunner this is a must have.

[...]

The gunner on the other hand is now lethal at all ranges, which makes him the most dominant class out there.

[...]

So now the gunner with tonics is essentially a soldier commando gunner hybrid.
23-05-2011, 02:38 PM | Post: #72
SweetName 
I'm messing around with the pirate pistol right now.

and so far.... I prefer my normal 2x vlr build.

(ALOT Of that is probably practice though... i'm Sooo not used to aiming at the head with my pistol. Plus... I'm not sure what the bullet velocity is yet... so i'm having trouble leading targets. I'm beasting all over snipers though.)

I'll tell you THIS. Hackers are going to LOVE this gun.

PS. laggy server + pirate pistol = epic fail.

(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 02:38 PM by SweetName.)
23-05-2011, 08:02 PM | Post: #73
ShadowYoh 
the bullet velocity is insanely high; highest out of all the pistols. Seeing how its cheaper, i will probably try the pirate pistol + super hand cannon.

[Image: 5]
24-05-2011, 05:39 AM | Post: #74
padamlulek 
Sort of Off topic:

Gunners are way too dominant in the mid-range. I was playing on my soldier, and I was amazed at how FAST a gunner could get to short range from 50+ yards. With strafing, almost half my bullets missed, then the gunner pulled out his cheeser and wasted me. (FF makes cheeser essentially a faster ak47)

On topic more:

I wish they could remove the pirate pistol from gunners, but then they would have to compensate =(

I mean... gunners can now kill SNIPERS with just a shot from a pistol and a few milliseconds of cheeser.

On topic:

UPDATE THE GUIDE!!!

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 05:40 AM by padamlulek.)
24-05-2011, 02:24 PM | Post: #75
Inception. 
Now whining nubs will say: "I bought stolen super cheeser, and now pairate pisstol is OP!oP!oP!oP GUNNER IS SO OVERPOWAERRED".

Way to go, EA, classes were fine until you gave gunners a VVLRP that can destroy mandos in 1 shot.
03-06-2011, 02:41 PM | Post: #76
SweetName 
Ok, some news.

First, I updated the guide a bit.

Second, I hit level 30.

Third, Yeah, I played around with the pirate pistol. I'll probably continue to do so on the rare occasion that I decide to bring my commando back in the action. (not any time soon though.)

So... My final thoughts on the pirate pistol?

To start with... Do I think its OP? The answer is.... maybe?

I mean... the average player... won't be benefited by using it. (although they may THINK they are.)

I mean.. yes, it can do 70 damage instantly. The VLR pistol can do the same over a 1-2 second time period... and can continue doing so for another 1-2 seconds.

So if you hit a header every time you use your pirate pistol... yeah, it ends up FAIRLY comprable to the VLR pistol over an interval... and inreality is much stronger thanks to the nature of burst damage.

That being said... most people won't come CLOSE to having this level of success with the gun. For the average player... the pirate pistol is a neat novelty... you'll get the occasional kill that makes you think its awesome... but in reality you will average a MUCH stronger game by using a different gun. (Its really just a 1 shot noscope rifle. So if you want to use it to its fullets... you'll play it like a sniper... just without having to use the points in PS.)

The problem with the gun, is that in the hands of the very skilled commando you can get the no reaction time kills... while maintaing full mobility.

In the hands of a gunner... you gain anti sniping capabiity that gunners really shouldn't have. (and if you're really accurate... you can also use it at close range just like some of us do with the LR shotgun.)

In the hands of a soldier... you probably shouldn't use it really.

So... I think its only OP if the right person is using it. So whats my problem with it? I don't think weapons like this have a place in a game like battlefield heroes. We're supposed to have counters in this game. People are supposed to be able to win their fights through greater skill, and better planning.

The pirate pistol, either on purpose in the hands of a pro, or through luck in the hands of a noob, sets up yet another situation where, through no fault of your own, you'll just lose a fight sometimes.

The only counter to the pirate pistol is to dodge alot and hope your enemy makes a mistake. Its not fun knowing that the only reason you are winning is because your enemy messed up.

IT is kind of fun to USE the pirate pistol. Its no fun at all to be killed by it. Gameplay mechanics that promote frustration in the player base... Not a good idea in my book.

ANYHOW:

=========================================================
Do I recommend using the pirate pistol in place of one of the VLR pistols in this guide? No i do not.

For three main reasons.

Reason one: Most people following the guide, do so because of the high score that this place style achieves. The high score is a result of the sustained damage of 2 VLR pistols. You lose out on this if you replace one of them.

Reason Two: You'll want to have ranked stealth when using the pirate pistol. Because to use it best, you want to line up an accurate shot at the enemies head. This is made MUCH easier if you have the luxury of stealth when lining up shots.

Reason Three: If you're the type of player who's aim is good enough to be TRULY succesful with the pirate pistol. (TRULY succesful... not just tricked by lucky kills/ the occasional awesome moment) Then you probably aren't the type of player who follows guides. Your aim is good enough that you can do pretty much whatever you want in this game, and dominate most people you run into.

Write your own guide, and post me up a video. Its rare we get to see a commando video that isn't just another generic cherrypicked Headshot snorefest.

03-06-2011, 04:26 PM | Post: #77
Cpt.Ossa 
Only read the weapons and abilities.

Which are correct.

Most likely a very fine guide.

03-06-2011, 05:44 PM | Post: #78
joekill5 
cool guide but are 2x Short Range Pistols also good? XD... im kind of wanna know alot Big Grin

[Image: 1]
04-06-2011, 01:02 AM | Post: #79
SweetName 
(03-06-2011 04:26 PM)Cpt.Ossa Wrote:  Only read the weapons and abilities.

Which are correct.

Most likely a very fine guide.

TRANSLATION:
I started to read your guide.

Got distracted by the wagon you're draggin.

You are one sexy piece of man meat.

18-06-2011, 01:15 AM | Post: #80
SweetName 
Hey, Updated the guide a bit.