Hello There, Guest!

25-08-2010, 03:21 AM | Post: #41
spuggy 
It's the video that all them "cool kids" were linking with the whole VP/BF change to show that "EA failed". Shame they never actually read into it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2010, 04:45 AM | Post: #42
ZerkZer 
Oh how I missed that video and no kids with money having advantages...
For those who say there is no advantage the MAIN advantage is the fact a BF user never has to worry about using VP to rent better weapons. I bought BF's because I could not play long enoguh to get enough VP to play with anything other than defaults and I got sick of it. I bought tier1 weapons and have 1660 BF left.

[Image: 2]

Epic thread
25-08-2010, 04:55 AM | Post: #43
MaskedMakrel 
I'm not so sure you are correct. This interview does not indicate that there would be any weapons upgrades:

Look at Ben Cousin's quote on Gamustra:

"But we think there are two areas where people would be interested. First is your customization items, to change the way your character looks. Maybe you want the gold helmet and a huge mustache, or something like that; maybe a monocle. Those will be micro-items.
The other thing is what we call convenience items: So let's imagine that the two of us are playing the game, and you're playing the game every night for four hours, you're leveling up your guy really fast, but I've got like a wife and kids, and only play the game a couple evenings a week.

But I want to catch up with you, so maybe I'll buy an item which gives me double the experience points for a couple of days. So I'm still playing the game, I'm still having to be skilled at the game, but I'm just leveling up my character slightly quicker. So those are the two categories."

Also, this BBC article is pretty clear too.

It said: "Gamers will be able to buy items which customise their appearance in the world, but will not be able to seek an advantage through buying weapons."

25-08-2010, 05:05 AM | Post: #44
spuggy 
One could argue that using BF to buy a weapon for unlimited as oppose to renting it constantly with hard earned VP would make it a "convenience item".

That BBC one is pretty clear I'll give it that, but it is from Jan. 2008 and a lot of things have changed since then.

I don't like the fact that I can't just buy a normal SR SMG for a month for 150 VP anymore than the next guy, but I understand why they did it.

The fact is, is that none of these arguements about BF and VP prices would even exist if those items were priced at the prices they are now from the beginning as opposed to being changed later on like they were.

They tried to see if they could afford to have those items free, and then when they realised they could not they took action to correct it.
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2010 05:06 AM by spuggy.)
25-08-2010, 05:11 AM | Post: #45
Mc4 
Why are people still arguing? Its pretty much a matter of opinion. Is it does give advantage, so what? Ea lied. BFD.
25-08-2010, 05:17 AM | Post: #46
DeathGage 
Let's be frank.
OP cant beat people with widgets so he made a thread to bash them as an unfair advantage.
Meaning people who can beat those with widgets are just not those hes talking to. It's those that cant. Losing due to an extra ability that is widget has bothered him.
He also thinks it's buying power. In other words, he has no problem if those who buys widgets sucks more than him. If they don't, then it's advantage bashing time because he then got owned.

[Image: 1]
25-08-2010, 05:39 AM | Post: #47
MaskedMakrel 
Yeah but Ben Cousin's Gamustra quote also said:

'So we're really open to selling things, and also them telling us, "Look, we don't want to buy this."

25-08-2010, 08:04 AM | Post: #48
Kazo-Gunner 
(23-08-2010 11:23 PM)Nemo456 Wrote:  Tonic spammers usally suck and can be killed with a little strategy but when you take a player who normally destroys and give him tonics, chances are your not gonna kill him

The tonic comandos with uber/super knife are nearly impossible for me to kill as a gunner, even if i have lvl 5 leg it and run from them, wich tended to allways work.

[Image: sigcopy.png]

25-08-2010, 09:51 AM | Post: #49
Scarth 
Tonic spammers are funny when you can kill them easily, I enjoy watching their money fade away as they give me extra XP and points. Big Grin

[Image: Utsuho2.gif]
25-08-2010, 10:35 AM | Post: #50
SneakyHulk 
BFs give a huge advantage since you don't have to worry about keeping all 6 tooons equiped with weapons. The ubers give a large advantage over the defaults in every case. I'd die twice as much if I didn't buy my ubers. No way I could rent them with VP since I play 6 guys all the time. I don't mind spending a little for perm stuff but not for the useable widgets, that's not a game I'm gonna play. I use my VP to get widgets. Not gonna mess with the new widgets you have to play 50 games just to buy one set of 5, lol. I think the dev's smoke crack on that stuff.
25-08-2010, 12:32 PM | Post: #51
RoastPork 
(25-08-2010 05:17 AM)DeathGage Wrote:  Let's be frank.
OP cant beat people with widgets so he made a thread to bash them as an unfair advantage.
Meaning people who can beat those with widgets are just not those hes talking to. It's those that cant. Losing due to an extra ability that is widget has bothered him.
He also thinks it's buying power. In other words, he has no problem if those who buys widgets sucks more than him. If they don't, then it's advantage bashing time because he then got owned.

Your so far off the ball its funny !

I was more pointing out the fact, that EA claim BF offers "NO ADVANTAGE" ingame, when it clearly does, and by means of reciving thousands of widgets to spam.

Its a lie, i do not like people or companys which lie to me.

Also At the dude who mentioned microtransactions in this game to make a profit ?
You think this is the first free online game ive played with a cash shop system ?
The chances are i was online gaming before you even knew what the internet was, Let alone you knowing about online gaming, i know how the system works.

The Fact remains, Game companys DO NOT NEED TO SELL POWER, To turn a profit, Alot of new games offer mircotransaction systems, which only offer cosmetic changes, but they are so appealing, they do not need to sell power through the cash shop system.

EA sell power through the cash shop system, then say they offer no advantage.. ITs all lies, which is a shame 50% of the people are blind and do not notice this !

25-08-2010, 12:47 PM | Post: #52
GAWD.smax 
(25-08-2010 12:32 PM)RoastPork Wrote:  
(25-08-2010 05:17 AM)DeathGage Wrote:  Let's be frank.

Your so far off the ball its funny !

I was more pointing out the fact, that EA claim BF offers "NO ADVANTAGE" ingame, when it clearly does, and by means of reciving thousands of widgets to spam.

Its a lie, i do not like people or companys which lie to me.

Also At the dude who mentioned microtransactions in this game to make a profit ?
You think this is the first free online game ive played with a cash shop system ?
The chances are i was online gaming before you even knew what the internet was, Let alone you knowing about online gaming, i know how the system works.

The Fact remains, Game companys DO NOT NEED TO SELL POWER, To turn a profit, Alot of new games offer mircotransaction systems, which only offer cosmetic changes, but they are so appealing, they do not need to sell power through the cash shop system.

EA sell power through the cash shop system, then say they offer no advantage.. ITs all lies, which is a shame 50% of the people are blind and do not notice this !

That's quite an extrapolation there buddy. Not only is it exceedingly stupid to surmise that you have more experience, or are older, than someone you've never met and know nothing about, it's most likely wrong, and even more likely to never be proven since you and I both are not going to post personal information about ourselves on the forums, and even if we did, chances are at least one of us would be lying.

That being said, I stand by my point. Without revenue, this game, or any other F2P game would not survive.

I'm not one for bombast or exageration or pulling awesome out of my ass, but I recently read in another thread, that the "super/ubers" were the exact weapons that were played in closed beta, and they weakened them to become the defaults with the purpose of "selling" them later as upgrades.

Anyway, now you know how the ghosts feel. Right when they're about to kill that annoying pacman ****, he powers up with a fucking widget and eats them. Poor ghosts.

/satire off.

Your argument is about as intelligent.

[Image: 5]
25-08-2010, 01:08 PM | Post: #53
RoastPork 
(25-08-2010 12:47 PM)Schauzzz Wrote:  That being said, I stand by my point. Without revenue, this game, or any other F2P game would not survive.

You can stand by the point all you wish, the fact remains;

F2P games, do NOT NEED to sell "power or advantages" as cash shop extras to be successfull.

So your comment is worthless !

EDIT: That being said, when they do sell power or advantages through cash shop extras, all the rich kids who waste money ruin the game for other people, in the case of this game the widget spamming comes to mind.

Yes i do spend money on games, and help them survive, but that being said, i know people in other mmorpgs who have spent $5000~$20,000 for the simple reason they can, would the game survive if they didnt spend that much money ? yes but, In doing so, do the ruin the game and ruin the fun for other players, yes they do. The blame is still to go to the Game creators, as they are the ones selling the power

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2010 01:22 PM by RoastPork.)
25-08-2010, 01:34 PM | Post: #54
Louis.Cipher 
This seems to be a good place to say that all the "new" widgets really suck. Although I´m afraid that the devs won´t change this bad strategy.

Bruce´s Bash seems to be as strong as a level 5 Blasting Strike. It´s ridicilous that every class can get such an ability for a little cash whereas a soldier has to get 5 hero pints for it. This is the same for the Firebomb, Fire Proof Underpants and Tonics. They are simply not got fot the gameplay/balance.

I have to admit that I use tonics now and then but I won´t be sad if they would disappear from the market.

BFH is a perfect example why EA is one of the worst game publishers around and I definitely won´t touch any other "free" games from them. On the other hand they won´t care much about it as they got enough money from me from this game already.

Sometimes I really feel like a fool... Tongue
25-08-2010, 02:04 PM | Post: #55
OpticalScythe 
meh i dont mind supporting a game that i enjoy playing, so what if they said a year or two ago that "thered be no buying an advantage", times change and businesses have to remain profitable, i think people forget this is a business and not a charity. personally id prefer them charge more rather then go offline for good.

[Image: ghghg.png]
25-08-2010, 02:36 PM | Post: #56
RoastPork 
(25-08-2010 02:04 PM)OpticalScythe Wrote:  meh i dont mind supporting a game that i enjoy playing, so what if they said a year or two ago that "thered be no buying an advantage", times change and businesses have to remain profitable, i think people forget this is a business and not a charity. personally id prefer them charge more rather then go offline for good.

The problem is, the company starts to worry too much about the money income, and not the game.

Their is a million ways to improve a game, and make people spend money without selling extra power, the problem is, their is a select few who have very deep pockets, and game companys create items which the select few can just abuse.

They could release a new class, which is balanced but only purchasable.
They could release new types of weapons
They could offer Cosmetic changes to tanks, and aeroplanes when you drive them.

Companys make a good product, which sells well.
They then become greedy, and only want to make more and more profit, and care less about the game, THIS is what causes games to crash and burn.

As you said, im happy to support games, but im not willing to go to the extreme some people do who spend $500 a month on it. When some people start to spend $$$$$ on a game, the game company just then tends to add products aimed at the "Super rich kiddies" which then inturn ruins it for the not to wealthy.

Game companys ruin games, by the products they release, and as alot agree, BFH is going downhill !

If you owned your own company and it made £1m this year.
Next year you would want to make £1.2m
Then the year after £1.4m
Why not be happy with the "good" income your having, and caring about the product your selling, instead of just becoming greedy and just wanting big income.

I can name at least 10 games which died, due to the game compnays becoming greedy, and just offering Purchaseable power over and over, what happened, only the rich rich kiddies stayed in the game, everyone else left left. Then when the rich kids relised hang on, we can no longer own any noobs, because we all have the best of the best of the best items, they quit, then the game is gone !

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2010 02:42 PM by RoastPork.)
25-08-2010, 02:38 PM | Post: #57
Slingshot182 
Yes, because since technically all weapons are available, i sstill cant double super short range smg with valor points since there are no vp stolen weps

[Image: ddgfmv.jpg]

BFP4F:Crazy_Catz
w00tness, Chrome Support!!!!
Hell Trooper = Awesome
All the other Punk Heroes = WTH were you thinking EA!
25-08-2010, 02:55 PM | Post: #58
OpticalScythe 
(25-08-2010 02:36 PM)RoastPork Wrote:  
(25-08-2010 02:04 PM)OpticalScythe Wrote:  meh i dont mind supporting a game that i enjoy playing, so what if they said a year or two ago that "thered be no buying an advantage", times change and businesses have to remain profitable, i think people forget this is a business and not a charity. personally id prefer them charge more rather then go offline for good.

...Game companys ruin games, by the products they release, and as alot agree, BFH is going downhill !...

...I can name at least 10 games which died, due to the game compnays becoming greedy, and just offering Purchaseable power over and over, what happened, only the rich rich kiddies stayed in the game, everyone else left left. Then when the rich kids relised hang on, we can no longer own any noobs, because we all have the best of the best of the best items, they quit, then the game is gone !...

going downhill? ive been here 2 years if you include the pre closed beta forums and ive notice no drop in fun, the community is still just as thriving and active as its ever been.

and i can name just as many games that charge even MORE for their in game money. Perfect world for example, their prices for "zen" are outrageous and they're one of the largest f2p communities around.

i dont even know why i posted in here, these threads have come and gone in the last year and made no difference in the game whatsoever, if you dont like it then just go bc its not going back to how it was if you havent noticed.

[Image: ghghg.png]
25-08-2010, 03:36 PM | Post: #59
HenkBiertank 
Fact is:
BF weapons give an advantage.

Fact is:
The advantage is only about 5%...

Why?
Increased ammo
Increased crit
Unlimited use (this is an advantage, not having to buy everything with VP)

The old widgets are also available to non-BF players (tonics/bandages) as for BF players, I rarely see them use those.
As to the new widgets, that isn't even considered as an advantage to me...They are too expensive to compensate for their ineffectiveness. I have them on 2 of my characters coming with the new sets. I rarely use em in a battle because...
A. I am used to not using the widgets.
B. They aren't that much of killers, more like fun widgets.

To illustrate this further. I'd rather use flares to distract enemies than I'd use a throwing knife that only does 10-20 damage....

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2010 03:49 PM by HenkBiertank.)
25-08-2010, 04:11 PM | Post: #60
Headshot-} 
Oh well dude...

I don't care if people have ubers/supers, sometimes... noobs with them can't aim for @!%^
And even ifit gives a advantage, It will alow EA to take more income from the game...

You see... If 'Ubers/supers' give you better hits with your weapons and a better advantage, people are going to buy battlefunds so they can PWN the noobs running around with the normal guns. Its just a marketing stragtie, seriously. I'd buy battlefunds to buy better guns on this game since they do better hits from what I've seen!

Man, Why do people start these... If EA and DICE want to make money from this game... They can do what the hell they like; because its free to play overall and I like free stuff! (You can also get alot of free battlefunds from promotions and codes)

I myself dispese 'Cash shop' alike things in games and its just this game has one... Instead of things costing VP.

Under construction