Hello There, Guest!

19-08-2010, 11:59 AM | Post: #1
godzillaboy100 
We will all soon meet our grim fate. Death. It's something we cannot avoid. Something we can not control. War. A name for sending youths to their early graves. No one can cheat death. Death has its cold, dark arms open for when we come to greet it.

Prologue: Nationals Finest

The Nationals were at Seaside Skirmish in an attempt to gain territory against the Royals. It was an even fight, so the Nationals brought one of their more advanced troops to help end the feud. Along this group was Hale, a slightly more experienced National soldier who has killed many Royals and acts warmly around friends, and very cold to enemies who cross his path.

"Hale wake up, we're almost there." Hale woke up to the voice who greeted him and saw it was his friend, Jason. "Hey you alright? You've been asleep almost the entire trip." said Jason as he was still trying to get Hale to fully awaken. "Yeah I'm alright. I almost forgot we were being sent to the battlefield." said Hale as he picked up his gun. Jason is a good friend of Hale. Jason, along with Hale and many other of their friends, was drafted to the Nationals Training Academy to fill in spots for soldiers. Jason is a kind-hearted person who dislikes wars but, hates the Royals for the massacre of his family.

"You do remember where we're going, right?" said Jason. "Of course I do, the Buccaneer Bay." said Hale obviously a little confused. "No. Seaside, ring any bells? We're being sent to get rid of the last of the Royals." "Didn't I say that?" said Hale, "Doesn't matter, when are we getting there?" "In a bit. Just stay up, you need to be sharp or you'll get killed." said Jason.

"Prepare for landing, we are about to hit ground." said a voice on the intercom. "Get your sniper ready. Full ammo and everything." said Jason while readying his rifle.

Chapter 1: Remember Your Enemies

The transport plane landed at a National base near the lighthouse. The troops walked out of the plane including Hale and Jason. "What position are we?" asked Hale. "Isn't it obvious?" said Jason, "We will be in recon, why else would we have sniper rifles?" "Just asking." said Hale.

A National commander walked up to Hale and Jason. "Names!" ordered the commander. "Private Hale and Private Jason reporting for duty, sir!" said Hale and Jason simultaneously. "Privates your position is the lighthouse to seek out any Royals trying to enter friendly lines." said the commander "We will get there right now, sir!" said Jason.

After the long climb up the ladder on the lighthouse, Hale and Jason set up their sniper rifles. "Killer climb huh." said Hale. "Tell me about it." replied Jason. "Royals in sight, northbound." said Hale. "I see 'em." said Jason. Hale and Jason were sniping the Royals as they frantically tried to find out were the bullets were coming from.

"That's all I see, how's it looking over there Jason?" said Hale. Jason stood quiet. "Jason what's the matter? Jason do you hear me?" asked Hale. "That Royal... he has a picture of his family..." said Jason quietly. "And? Our orders were to shoot first, ask questions never." scolded Hale. "I can't... I know what it's like to have a family and I can't take him away from his." said Jason sadly. "Do you remember who took away your family? A Royal, now if your not going to shoot, I'll do it myself!" said Hale.

Hale steadied his rifle and put his finger on the trigger. "No!" said Jason as he pushed Hale's rifle and the shot missed.The Royal had seen where the shot had came from and called on his radio for backup. A Royal plane came and started blasting a fury of bullets at Hale and Jason's position. More Royals in the area also heard the radio message and started shooting at the lighthouse.

"Get down!" yelled Hale as he tackled Jason. "Look at what happened! If you wouldn't have been sympathetic to the enemy, we wouldn't be in this situation!" yelled Hale. "I'm sorry Hale. I don't know what came over me." said Jason. The plane swooped in and blasted near Hale and Jason. "What are we going to do now?!?!" screamed Hale. "Here take this." said Jason as he handed Hale a hand gun. "A pistol?" said Hale. "Well It's more effective than a sniper in this situation." replied Jason. "We are so dead." said Hale. "Well it's been nice knowing you Hale." said Jason.

Chapter 2: Pure Luck

Bullets were blazing at the lighthouse while Hale and Jason were still unsure if they would make it alive. "You must have a lot of faith in these if you think this is going to work." said Hale while looking at his pistol. "Well they're the most accurate in stock that I can afford. Can't say they're the strongest though." said Jason. "Well, we can't hide any longer. Let's start fighting against these guys."

Hale and Jason both came out of cover and started shooting. Their training had let them be able to get to cover at the right time.One by one the Royals fell but, the plane was still a major problem.

"That's all on the ground lets take out that plane!" said Hale. "Umm... how can I say this? I'm all out of ammunition." said Jason worriedly. "Damn, only three shots left in my gun!" said Hale. "I have to land a shot on the pilot." said Hale. "Are you crazy?" said Jason, "You'll get shot up before you land that impossible shot!" "That's a risk I'm going to have to take." said Hale.

Hale got out of cover and shot the first shot. It missed, but it got the pilot's attention on Hale. Hale shot the second shot. Missed again. The Royal Plane was coming right at Hale. Hale steadied his shot while the pilot started shooting at Hale. Hale shot his last bullet. The shot landed perfectly right on the pilot's head.

The plane spun out of control and crashed at the ocean behind the lighthouse. "That was amazing Hale! You didn't even get hit by one shot! Lady Luck must be looking our way." celebrated Jason. Hale suddenly coughed up blood. "Hale what's wrong?" asked Jason. Hale took his hand off his torso to reveal four bullet wounds. "Hale come on we got to get you to a medic tent!" said Jason. Hale collapsed in a small pool of blood. "Hale! Hale!" yelled Jason.

Chapter 3: The Assignment

Hale woke up to a bright light. "W-Where am I?" asked Hale. "You are in a medical tent recovering from bullet injuries." said a random voice. Hale soon realized he was being healed for his wounds caused on the lighthouse earlier and he was talking to one of the doctors.

"I think a friend of yours would like to see you right now." said the doctor. "Send him in." said the doctor as he talked into a medical radio. "I'm guessing by 'friend' you mean Jason right?" asked Hale. "No" replied the doctor. "Who would possibly want to visit me." thought Hale.

All of a sudden, a man in a jet black jacket with a crimson scarf walked into the room. The man had some medals on his jacket, including a commander's medal. "Private Hale, I am Commander Lesh. You and your friend, Private Jason, have been picked for a special assignment." said Commander Lesh. "Do I really have to? I've just been shot at by a Royal plane. Shouldn't I get some rest?" said Hale. "Know your place private! I am your superior officer and you must listen to my commands!" said Commander Lesh. "Humph. Whatever, what is the assignment?" said Hale. "Classified. We can not discuss it right here. I'll give you a couple of minutes to get ready. When you're done come see me outside. We will discuss it there. Private Jason is also in the waiting room, so bring him with you." said Commander Lesh.

As Commander Lesh left the room the doctor helped Hale get all his things. "Thank you doc." said Hale as he left the room. When Hale went through the curtain, Jason was right there on a bench. "Hale! Are you okay buddy?" asked Jason. "Yeah I'm alright. Just a few dings, but I'll be alright." said Hale. "Well I would love to chat some more but, Commander Lesh needs us for something." said Jason. "Yeah, lets go." replied Hale.

Hale and Jason walked out of the tent to see Commander Lesh waiting outside. "Gentleman, I presume everything is in order." said Commander Lesh. "Yes it is sir." answered Jason. "Ah yes. Almost forgot. Private Hale, for being injured in the course of battle and still serving under the National Army, I award you with a Purple Heart." said Commader Lesh. Hale took the medal and put it on his shirt. "A medal for getting hurt? Well whoop-de-doo." said Hale. "Silence your sarcasm!" said Commander Lesh, "Now that we are alone I will inform you on your assignment. As you know the Royals live under the Royal King. The way we've been going won't let us get to him any faster. We are going to send advanced troops to assassinate him." "I'm not sure we have the right equipment for this mission." said Hale. "You are wrong. We have received a shipment of weapons for this mission. Here are your weapons." said Commader Lesh.

Commander Lesh handed Hale and Jason assault rifles. "Now this is what I'm talking about!" exclaimed Hale.

As timed passed, Hale and Jason were boarded along a helicopter along with other troops. "You think we're really going to kill the king?" asked Jason. "I hope so. I can't wait to have this war end so we can head back to the pub and have a drink." said Hale.

"Hey are you guys Hale and Jason?" asked a troop member. "What's it to..." Hale paused for a moment. "Mack is that you?" said Hale. "Haha. I knew you guys would recognize me." said Mack. Mack is yet another friend of Hale who accompanied him and Jason at the Nationals Training Academy. Mack really doesn't care about the Royals. He only cares about the popularity he'll get if he makes it through the war alive.

"So why are you guys here?" asked Mack. "Well we were sent to the lighthouse for a recon position but, we had a few complications and we beat impossible odds, so they assigned us here." said Hale. "What about you?" asked Jason. "Well I survived and killed a Royal ambush of twenty all by myself." replied Mack.

The three friends exchanged conversation, not knowing what was ahead of them.

[align=center]Look for Chapter 4 in a different post below.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2010 03:40 AM by godzillaboy100.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2010, 12:22 PM | Post: #2
plague1996 
will this thing have second part?

Moderator 'eXtremous' edit:

trolololo

wee i got edit by extremous Big Grin awesome
19-08-2010, 12:29 PM | Post: #3
godzillaboy100 
(19-08-2010 12:22 PM)plague1996 Wrote:  will this thing have second part?

Yes. I'll probably do one chapter a day except for Saturdays and Sundays because I'll have more time. One major reason I only did the prologue is because it is 4:27 in the morning.Undecided It's nice to hear someone replying on something that seemed to pop out of nowhere.Tongue
19-08-2010, 12:30 PM | Post: #4
plague1996 
btw nice storySmile its like movie and you are waiting for the fight to beginBig Grin

trolololo

19-08-2010, 12:36 PM | Post: #5
ale_47 
reserve slots for your story..

[Image: 9480_s.gif]

19-08-2010, 12:36 PM | Post: #6
godzillaboy100 
(19-08-2010 12:30 PM)plague1996 Wrote:  btw nice storySmile its like movie and you are waiting for the fight to beginBig Grin

Thank you. I should have Chapter 1 tommorow (or today since it's 4:35 a.m.) Oh yeah, almost forgot. Congrats on being the first post!Big GrinTongueSmile
19-08-2010, 12:38 PM | Post: #7
godzillaboy100 
(19-08-2010 12:36 PM)ale_47 Wrote:  reserve slots for your story..

What do you mean? Huh
19-08-2010, 12:39 PM | Post: #8
plague1996 
thx ill be watching for itWink

trolololo

19-08-2010, 12:40 PM | Post: #9
zhongsifu 
(19-08-2010 12:38 PM)godzillaboy100 Wrote:  

What do you mean? Huh

Make a few consecutive posts with something like 'reserved' on them. So, once you have your story ready, you can edit these 'reserve' posts and put your story in them! Smile

Royal Army Anthem
(12-06-2010 06:21 PM)CanadianBoy Wrote:  (Sorry, but we're likely to be recognized as "Grammar Jews" in the near future.)
(26-09-2010 04:15 AM)YCheez Wrote:  I, KING, of cheezland, award you the medal of lulz
Infantry Assault Map! Sign now! Name needed!
Snow Map! Sign now! Name needed!
19-08-2010, 12:45 PM | Post: #10
godzillaboy100 
(19-08-2010 12:40 PM)zhongsifu Wrote:  
(19-08-2010 12:38 PM)godzillaboy100 Wrote:  

What do you mean? Huh

Make a few consecutive posts with something like 'reserved' on them. So, once you have your story ready, you can edit these 'reserve' posts and put your story in them! Smile

Oh, okay! Big Grin
19-08-2010, 10:26 PM | Post: #11
CrashTHOR. 
Derrrr

XFIRE: crashthor
20-08-2010, 05:31 AM | Post: #12
godzillaboy100 
(19-08-2010 10:26 PM)CrashTHOR. Wrote:  Derrrr

Huh If you're spamming please do it somewhere else. Huh
20-08-2010, 10:46 AM | Post: #13
godzillaboy100 
Views sure are lacking a bit today. Sad
21-08-2010, 07:43 AM | Post: #14
godzillaboy100 
Bump. Whatever that means.Undecided
21-08-2010, 08:22 AM | Post: #15
Dieondragon 
nats rulz:angel:

[Image: 1]
21-08-2010, 09:01 AM | Post: #16
godzillaboy100 
They sure do.Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2010 09:03 AM by godzillaboy100.)
21-08-2010, 09:14 AM | Post: #17
godzillaboy100 
Chapter 4 right below. -Death of War author, godzillaboy100
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2010 12:22 PM by godzillaboy100.)
21-08-2010, 09:55 AM | Post: #18
godzillaboy100 
Chapter 4: The Three Musketeers

So." said Mack. "So what?" said Jason. "So who's going to get the shot on the king?" said Mack. "I'll be the one to do it!" said Jason. "No way! I'm going to be the one who kills the Royal King!" said Hale. "You guys are both wrong! It's going to be me of course!" said Mack full of ego. "Only one way to settle this." said Hale. Hale pulled out a National coin from his pocket. "Heads or Tails?" said Hale. "Heads!" said all three in unison. Hale flipped the coin. Tails. "Tails!" said all three. Hale flipped the coin again. Heads. "Heads!" said Mack and Jason. "Tails!" said Hale. Hale flipped the coin one more time. The coin was in mid-air almost about to hit the ground. "Boom!"

The helicopter swerved left. "Whoa! What's going on!?" said Mack. Hale, Mack, and Jason looked out the glass. AA guns were trying to shoot the helicopter out of the sky. "Pilot land this helicopter!" said Hale. "I'm trying to but there are no safe zones to land on!" said the pilot. "Boom!" The AA gun's shot blasted the back rotor off the helicopter. The helicopter spun out of control. "We're going to crash!" yelled Jason. "I have an idea, we are going to have to jump!" said Hale. "What?! Are you insane?!" said Mack. "We don't have any other choice! It's do or die!" said Hale. "Fine, lets do it. But if we die, I'm never talking to you again!" said Mack.

Hale, Mack, and Jason jumped off the helicopter. "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" yelled Jason as they fell from hundreds of feet off ground. "I can see the ground!" yelled Hale. "How is that a good thing?" yelled Mack. "Splash!" The group fell in a small pond.

After all three of them swam back to the surface, they all looked up to the sky to see a fiery explosion. "Poor guys, they didn't even make it to the battlefield." said Hale. "Where are we?" said Jason. "I'll check on my GPS." said Mack. "How does that work in water?" asked Jason. "It's waterproof." said Hale. "Correct." replied Mack, "Ah, here we are. We are in a small clearing south of Buccaneer Bay." "Finally Buccaneer Bay! We could get a drink and drop a load off our backs." said Hale. "Are you sure we should drink?" said Jason. "Of course I am, we're in friendly lines." replied Hale. "Then why did they shoot at us?" asked Mack. "We are in a secret mission, they probably thought we were Royals." replied Hale. "Yeah I guess, I could use a drink to calm my nerves." said Jason. "Then it's settled! Lets head north!" said Hale.

The group of three headed to Buccaneer Bay hoping for a rest in all this violence.

Chapter 5 on Page 2.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2010 02:31 AM by godzillaboy100.)
21-08-2010, 12:16 PM | Post: #19
godzillaboy100 
Here is a list of things that I feel should be said about this thread:

-At least two chapters will be added everyday (based on my progress)

-Now that I have some things in order, I would like to hear your feedback on Death of War. Please no negative feedbacks like 'This sucks' or 'Terrible Story'

-If you have any questions about the story please feel free to ask. If you ask something that will be revealed in a later chapter I will PM you so everything is spoiler free.

-I don't have the perfect grammar so I would apppreciate it if you find any errors so that I may improve this story.

-Different chapters will be in different posts because of the character limit. To make it easier to find, I'll tell you where the next post of chapters is with the current one.

-I do not have a sig for this story, so if you have an idea for a sig show it to me.

I hope you enjoy Death of War. Big Grin That is all. -Death of War author, godzillaboy100
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2010 09:34 AM by godzillaboy100.)
22-08-2010, 10:00 AM | Post: #20
godzillaboy100 
Well I'm sorry to say but, different chapters have to been in their own individual post. Comments to threads are shorter than the topic of the thread. This might make looking for chapters more irritating and Chapter 5 probably wont be too good because it didn't fit in Chapter 4's comment so all the writing was lost, which was kind of hard to think of. Sorry for the inconvenience.