Hello There, Guest!

18-03-2010, 10:35 PM | Post: #1
mrchico9991 
i kept getting kicked on this 1 server. i just want to know why i was getting kicked
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2010, 10:48 PM | Post: #2
Mc4 
ping is how long it takes to connect to the server. find a server closer to you
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/user/up...untDetails
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...?tid=71309
20-03-2010, 02:37 AM | Post: #3
ilovetheusers 
(18-03-2010 10:35 PM)mrchico9991 Wrote:  i kept getting kicked on this 1 server. i just want to know why i was getting kicked

Ping = latency. Click start, run, type CMD, click OK and type in the black window: PING 4.2.2.2 the press enter. See those #'s? That's your ping time to that server. A ping is a packet you send from one PC to another and the time is the amount of time that the packet took to get back to you.

The time is also referred to as latency. If your latency (ping times) get too high, your response time is too slow. If it's too slow, you get lag and the server may kick you based on that.
21-03-2010, 01:21 PM | Post: #4
Alexai 
My ping rate is average 182 milliseconds. Is this too high or low??
21-03-2010, 01:54 PM | Post: #5
1slaystation1 
(21-03-2010 01:21 PM)Alexai Wrote:  My ping rate is average 182 milliseconds. Is this too high or low??

Pretty high

[Image: 308cq6t.png]
Xfire: 1slaystation1 |Youtube: 1slaystation1
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2010 01:54 PM by 1slaystation1.)
08-04-2010, 05:25 PM | Post: #6
kirby2.0 
Thanks for the help guys. dint know what ping meened thanks and see you oon Battlefield Heores :D

[Image: 2]

I know my name is cute, but you dont have to make fun of it :3
04-08-2011, 03:53 AM | Post: #7
s0hm 
what do you do when ping is too high?
04-08-2011, 08:15 AM | Post: #8
NoVasoline 
Good ping is like 60 and under. I like mine 40 and under. Anything past 100-ping is going to affect your gameplay, whether you notice it or not...

Wish I could ping check servers without joining them. Or be able to see it with my score via "tab". But BFh is made as a console game! so we dont get any options whats so ever Tongue. Its a PC game, where the darn options at!!!

If your ping is to high for that server. Then try finding a closer server. Which is hard because all you get is a "play now"(for noob people) button. So once you randomly get a server, where you dont feel you lag. Bookmark it.
Guy above, put links. For servers rented on what part of the world/country. Like for me "leet servers" are supposely east-coast based. So my ping is better on those servers.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 08:19 AM by NoVasoline.)
14-08-2011, 11:22 PM | Post: #9
rompojken 
(20-03-2010 02:37 AM)ilovetheusers Wrote:  
(18-03-2010 10:35 PM)mrchico9991 Wrote:  i kept getting kicked on this 1 server. i just want to know why i was getting kicked

Ping = latency. Click start, run, type CMD, click OK and type in the black window: PING 4.2.2.2 the press enter. See those #'s? That's your ping time to that server. A ping is a packet you send from one PC to another and the time is the amount of time that the packet took to get back to you.

The time is also referred to as latency. If your latency (ping times) get too high, your response time is too slow. If it's too slow, you get lag and the server may kick you based on that.
I was just kicked due to high ping, tried what you said and my "middlevalue" was 28... That is not high at all.

[Image: meningenjpg.png]
[Image: konungenolofjpg.png]
[Image: mugshotvi.png]
[Image: olofkingjpg.png]
15-08-2011, 06:53 PM | Post: #10
KageAi 
Read this wall of text if you want to know what Ping is. Wikipedia's walls are bigger and we all know you're either a lazy arse or a smart arse who doesn't even need to be reading this in the first place.

(14-08-2011 11:22 PM)rompojken Wrote:  
(20-03-2010 02:37 AM)ilovetheusers Wrote:  

I was just kicked due to high ping, tried what you said and my "middlevalue" was 28... That is not high at all.

[Image: Facehoof.jpg]

Shame on ilovetheusers for providing a generic IP. The whole point of PINGING is a measure of how long it takes both for a packet of data to be sent and recieved. Your computer sends tons of these little packets (yes I am speaking in laymans terms) to other computers. When these other computers recieve these packets, it's normal for those computers to send back another data packet to your computer confirming they have recieved the packet.

The purpose of this exchange is usually to let your computer know how data exchanges progress. If you are downloading a file and suddenly the file breaks up in the middle, how is your computer going to know?

Therefore, PING is the TIME in which you recieve a reply from the time you sent the original data. It is often measured in milliseconds. Therefore, a ping score of 500 is a total LATENCY time of 1000 milliseconds, or a DELAY of 1 second. This is what most people call "lag".

Think of PING as a long distance phone call to another country. Often times, when you say something, it takes a few seconds to get a response from the other person.

What does this have to do with 4.2.2.2? Well, when you PING another computer, you have to know which computer you are looking for. 4.2.2.2 is a number which indicates one such computer. However, I'm fairly certain that the computer 4.2.2.2 is NOT a Battlefield Heroes server. Latency is often influenced by distance. The more wires your data has to travel through, the longer it takes to get to its destination.

Every BFH server has its own IP address, and they will all be different. To find out what your ping is in relation to a server, you need to know the number for that server.

Why were you given 4.2.2.2? Because that's a generic and easy to remember number that's been around since the late 90's. If you do IT work involving network configurations you use it all the time. You could run a DOS platform (start>run>cmd) and enter ping google.com and your DOS platform would ping the nearest local google server. If you ping the IP of the BFH server you're thinking of, it's probably that you would get different results.

speedtest.com provides that a ping under 50 ms. is ideal. However you also want to consider what they call "jitter" which is how frequently and how drastically your latency can vary. If it goes up and down wildly, then it's worse than having a higher value of delay which stays consistent, and can indicate a lot of lost data.

[Image: citysign.jpg]
[Image: poop386277.jpg]

TO ADMINISTRATORS

These images do not violate user privacy anymore than going to battlefieldheroes.com/en does. All websites log the information you find. It's not a big secret.

In addition, the only information you see when you view the image is your own. It retrieves information about your client and generates it every time you view it. Nobody sees someone else's information.

If you simply want me to stop using these images, tell me directly, because "violation of user privacy" is not a good enough reason.

Also, if the image link to "danasoft.com" is a form of adware, then is the "djmaxcrew.com" in my other sig image adware too? Do I need to add a link to a wikipedia article on adware? Shadeshooter cleared the images. I have a conversation log.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2011 06:58 PM by KageAi.)
21-08-2011, 01:39 AM | Post: #11
The_WUUSTER 
High ping = lag and possible server kick.

Low ping = smooth performance.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
21-08-2011, 01:16 PM | Post: #12
Mike2411Mike 
someone know hot to lower the ping for windows xp?
21-08-2011, 08:14 PM | Post: #13
1slaystation1 
(21-08-2011 01:16 PM)Mike2411Mike Wrote:  someone know hot to lower the ping for windows xp?

buy better internet Tongue

Xfire: 1slaystation1 |Youtube: 1slaystation1
15-09-2011, 11:28 PM | Post: #14
ENzzoo 
same it says ping to high
16-09-2011, 01:21 AM | Post: #15
Serban25 
Why is this in freaking classes soldier?! wtf?!

[Image: 34zk4zl.png]
20-09-2011, 10:40 AM | Post: #16
epicchickengod 
(21-03-2010 01:21 PM)Alexai Wrote:  My ping rate is average 182 milliseconds. Is this too high or low??

OMG your ping is so great! (yes am srlys)

[Image: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
12-10-2011, 06:33 AM | Post: #17
thiji10 
i got 60ms when i checked it last time through WhoisXY.com. is my ping good?
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM | Post: #18
Alai2009 
so how do you not make it ping too high
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM | Post: #19
1slaystation1 
(04-12-2011 05:00 PM)Alai2009 Wrote:  so how do you not make it ping too high

still, with better internet connection