Hello There, Guest!

19-03-2010, 10:34 AM | Post: #141
BenCousins
Send me the mail again and I'll reply Unkn0wnLegend.
Find all posts by this user
19-03-2010, 01:58 PM | Post: #142
Typtyphus 
Do you mind posting a copy on the interwebs?

[Image: 4ln5tz.png]
25-03-2010, 06:10 AM | Post: #143
vango_bul 
It is not an obvious lie about the survey since it stated "In answer to the multiple choice question 'Which of the following items or features would make you want to purchase Battlefunds? (select all that apply)"
Still EA fails

[Image: logores2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2010 06:11 AM by vango_bul.)
25-03-2010, 09:10 AM | Post: #144
Rhousk 
Eh, Ben is a pretty cool guy, he makes false promises an isn't afraid of anything.

I really do like this game, but unless things change greatly, I never intend to spend even 5 dollars.
WHY EA/DICE/whoever? WHY MUST YOU BE SO COLD?
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2010 09:12 AM by Rhousk.)
25-03-2010, 10:09 AM | Post: #145
chia247
(25-03-2010 09:10 AM)Rhousk Wrote:  Eh, Ben is a pretty cool guy, he makes false promises an isn't afraid of anything.

I really do like this game, but unless things change greatly, I never intend to spend even 5 dollars.

They don't want your money. Sad
25-03-2010, 05:43 PM | Post: #146
Rhousk 
(25-03-2010 10:09 AM)chia247 Wrote:  
(25-03-2010 09:10 AM)Rhousk Wrote:  Eh, Ben is a pretty cool guy, he makes false promises an isn't afraid of anything.

They don't want your money. Sad

No they want my soul.
26-03-2010, 03:55 AM | Post: #147
Marona 
1. Stop purchasing battlefunds altogether. Regardless of what they are used to purchase in game (Clothing, uber weapons, you name it, don't buy it)
2. If you "rent" a server (yeah, it's not even rental. Property renters at least have SOME rights unlike here) shut it down. Make it clear you shut it down. And don't re-open it until they begin to listen.
3. Don't support any of the ads they may put up, in fact turn them off using the many ad-removal programs on the internet.
4. Leave greens out of this, but move attitude towards any official EA representatives to icy. Not hostile, that'll get you banned. But don't give them the time of day.
5. If possible protest other EA/DICE games. You know, almost like a legitimate protest.
6. Don't make any posts beyond the original protest thread. This just creates spam, and EA cares about as much about this forum as I do about contracting the deadly AIDs virus.

If EA won't listen, then DICE should. If DICE won't, then maybe as a company they aren't long for this world. This is, if any of you guys really care about this game.

Oh and Ben, if you really care what we say in the slightest consider this... Watch out for the Bait and Switch tactics you're pulling. It's illegal in some (Many?) countries.

No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2010 04:05 AM by Marona.)
27-03-2010, 02:06 PM | Post: #148
Typtyphus 
(26-03-2010 03:55 AM)Marona Wrote:  Oh and Ben, if you really care what we say in the slightest consider this... Watch out for the Bait and Switch tactics you're pulling. It's illegal in some (Many?) countries.

Probably Europe, they're becoming more strict about software regulation. Microsoft got a €500M Find for abusing their monopoly position.
Apple got their fingers burned for the DRM on songs sold on iTunes. Also by the EU.
Not sure on bait and switch,it's a classic **** move hated by a lot of people, but I think if a big company (like EA) does something like that, they'll have a lot of explaining to do.
Not even sure about making money on beta too.

[Image: 4ln5tz.png]
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2010 02:28 PM by Typtyphus.)
29-03-2010, 08:06 AM | Post: #149
Marona 
I'm thinking it's still in beta because being a beta gives it lots of protections. Which they're exploiting.

No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit.
29-03-2010, 09:06 AM | Post: #150
RagedDrew 
(29-01-2010 04:37 PM)Doctuh Wrote:  His name is Ben Cousins, so it would be Ben Cousins's opinion

Fixed.

Strunk and White, Rule #1. I am a grammar National.

Fail, it's Cousins'.

[Image: 6]
29-03-2010, 09:37 AM | Post: #151
BenCousins
(26-03-2010 03:55 AM)Marona Wrote:  5. If possible protest other EA/DICE games. You know, almost like a legitimate protest.

If EA won't listen, then DICE should. If DICE won't, then maybe as a company they aren't long for this world. This is, if any of you guys really care about this game.

Just an FYI - DICE isn't responsible for Battlefield Heroes. You'll notice there are no DICE logos on this website or in the game (only on some old videos).

About 18 months ago we moved all the EA free titles (Heroes, Battleforge and Lord of Ultima) into a new team, totally separate from DICE.
29-03-2010, 09:41 AM | Post: #152
CrazyFlyGuy 
Whats the team called?

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.

Signature is a personal identity, not a billboard for politics/

29-03-2010, 01:07 PM | Post: #153
Ar1z 
(29-03-2010 08:06 AM)Marona Wrote:  I'm thinking it's still in beta because being a beta gives it lots of protections. Which they're exploiting.

It's beta because it's not done yet. There are still bugs that need squishing. A bug affected me yesterday and I couldn't login.

(27-03-2010 02:06 PM)Typtyphus Wrote:  
(26-03-2010 03:55 AM)Marona Wrote:  Oh and Ben, if you really care what we say in the slightest consider this... Watch out for the Bait and Switch tactics you're pulling. It's illegal in some (Many?) countries.

Probably Europe, they're becoming more strict about software regulation. Microsoft got a €500M Find for abusing their monopoly position.
Apple got their fingers burned for the DRM on songs sold on iTunes. Also by the EU.
Not sure on bait and switch,it's a classic male appendage move hated by a lot of people, but I think if a big company (like EA) does something like that, they'll have a lot of explaining to do.
Not even sure about making money on beta too.

Noone is forcing you to pay money for this game. All you need to do is stop playing. If you don't like their ways, stop buying EA titles altogether. If I had payed lmoney for this game however I'd be very angry for the stuff that's happening to me and the direction the game is taking.

(29-03-2010 09:41 AM)CrazyFlyGuy Wrote:  Whats the team called?

"No Dice" Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 29-03-2010 01:12 PM by Ar1z.)
29-03-2010, 01:10 PM | Post: #154
Groonz 
(29-03-2010 01:07 PM)Ar1z Wrote:  

"No Dice" Big Grin

Haha, I see what you did there!

Also I wish Ben would come back and be 'active' on the forum answering questions which everyone can see.
29-03-2010, 01:11 PM | Post: #155
Marona 
(29-03-2010 09:37 AM)BenCousins Wrote:  
(26-03-2010 03:55 AM)Marona Wrote:  5. If possible protest other EA/DICE games. You know, almost like a legitimate protest.

Just an FYI - DICE isn't responsible for Battlefield Heroes. You'll notice there are no DICE logos on this website or in the game (only on some old videos).

About 18 months ago we moved all the EA free titles (Heroes, Battleforge and Lord of Ultima) into a new team, totally separate from DICE.

Actually, thanks a bunch for clearing up my misconception. It would've been rather bad to protest the wrong design team. Does this team it was moved to have a name we could call them by? It'd be very awkward to keep calling them "The team that designed battlefield heroes".

29-03-2010, 01:15 PM | Post: #156
Ar1z 
(29-03-2010 01:10 PM)Groonz Wrote:  
(29-03-2010 01:07 PM)Ar1z Wrote:  

"No Dice" Big Grin

Haha, I see what you did there!

Also I wish Ben would come back and be 'active' on the forum answering questions which everyone can see.

You know... I could be a successful troll in this forum. I am tired of trolling however... some things slip sometimes though. Wink

I also updated my previous post.

29-03-2010, 03:17 PM | Post: #157
Marona 
The game will never be done. There are bugs that have been in the game longer than I have, and they're still not fixed. They will likely never BE fixed.

And the fact is: EA is very close to breaking the law, if they aren't already. But that's not unheard of, is it?.

29-03-2010, 03:34 PM | Post: #158
Krazor 
(29-03-2010 03:17 PM)Marona Wrote:  The game will never be done. There are bugs that have been in the game longer than I have, and they're still not fixed. They will likely never BE fixed.

And the fact is: EA is very close to breaking the law, if they aren't already. But that's not unheard of, is it?.

The game will be done with the next update. I think, because they put in a looot of things
- heroic moments (same as achievements)
- new game mode
- referral links for friends (for VP and battlefunds)

SO STOP QQing AND GET A LIFE

[Image: sigxf.png]
29-03-2010, 03:47 PM | Post: #159
BenCousins
(29-03-2010 01:11 PM)Marona Wrote:  It'd be very awkward to keep calling them "The team that designed battlefield heroes".

I can halve your word count and more -'the Heroes team' or 'the team' or 'the developers'.
29-03-2010, 04:17 PM | Post: #160
(29-03-2010 03:34 PM)Krazor Wrote:  
(29-03-2010 03:17 PM)Marona Wrote:  The game will never be done. There are bugs that have been in the game longer than I have, and they're still not fixed. They will likely never BE fixed.

The game will be done with the next update. I think, because they put in a looot of things
- heroic moments (same as achievements)
- new game mode
- referral links for friends (for VP and battlefunds)

SO STOP QQing AND GET A LIFE

I don't agree with you. It is not QQing and yes we have life.

I hope to see some changes with the extra money they got from introducing the (s)uber weapons and superior widgets. Wouldn't make sense to see the same game with all that extra profit. I don't mind that they are pushing things to make some profit and reinvest in this game.

This game was advertised (not so long ago) as a free to play game (it actually still is). But with the introduction of game advantage giving weapons and widgets which makes the BF paying hero FAR more superior then the non BF paying one, BFH went from a free to play game to a pay to play marketing strategy. Because: where will it stop, what will be the last item giving BF paying hero's a superior advantage over the non paying one. My guess: the nuclear rocket widget of 10.000 BF

I hope you can understand that I am worried where this game is heading to, if most of the income of this game has to come from superior weapons and widgets, this game is screwed. They have to think of an other way to make money out of this game.

I don't mind walking in a DR Pepper map (in-game advertising) with my nike shoes (same as the BC2 guns, it would be nice to walk in some decent clothes, of big brands, advertising income) listening to my headset playing classical music (online radio, advertising?). Try to have some income out of other things. Why does the main income of this game has to be GAMEPLAY DESTROYING STUFF.

Ben Cousins lied to us too many times. I want to know what the future of this game will be. If you really love this game, you should be concerned where this game is going.

[Image: dtwlj.jpg]

[Image: postbit_pm.gif]