Hello There, Guest!

01-12-2009, 09:42 AM | Post: #41
Dance_Instructor 
"imba looks"?!?!?!

BF:H has to be a visually appealing game. Being able to fully enjoy the VP character customization is the gateway drug for how you get casual players to buy BF and play Barbie Dress Up. Not looking forward to the new era of boring grays and greens. I was told we were all "brave and unique" Sad

And the price gouge is just in time for the holidays...

Click here to listen to the Battlefield Heroes theme backwards! || Click here to enjoy GoingLoco's magnificent art!
Click here to go outside and read a book Idea
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 09:44 AM by Dance_Instructor.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2009, 09:48 AM | Post: #42
Steamroll 
Andy: Sad to inform you. but TF2 have better graphics the this. even more balanced. even more classes. And it's a ONE TIME only payment for 15 dollar... with like... 165Maps in total? (yes including costume maps.

"Some VP items should definitely not be impossible to get. But haven't it been a bit too easy to keep several heroes up with full customization and weapons, and still have lots of VP over? You should definitely be awarded for playing, but perhaps not a full setup of extra-everything?"

NO WAI. a lot of us has 3-4-5 Heros at the same time. And we only play a few hours per day... It's obvious that we don't have time to farm VP for all of them. And YES we all want our Heros dressed up. But dah, why am i even saying this to you. You get everything for free in this game.

[Image: sigcopye.png]

Sig made by Astro
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM | Post: #43
Rai-Katana 
(01-12-2009 09:41 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 09:06 AM)johnratchet3 Wrote:  And again. If DICE needed more money, all they had to do was ask us outright. I'm positive it would've come flooding in. And everybody would be happy that we avoided this mess.

Thanks for your concern. We don't really need money as much as a sustainable business model for the game. Like, we want a lightweight and fun game, with great graphics and gameplay, that doesn't cost a lot to play and enjoy. AND that this game is not costing us more money than we make. Even if it would seem like a company like EA have endless money, it's bad business if games cost more to develop and maintain than they bring in. If a cash flow turns negative each month it will lead to zero money in the bank eventually. Not saying this is the case for us, but if we get it right with Heroes and this model, we can have a lasting positive cashflow and can continue working with it forever and everyone will be happy. Even make amazing expansions or who knows what the future might bring?

Yes,well it was going well until this "update" and you just did what you wanted to avoid.Congrats!

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.
01-12-2009, 09:59 AM | Post: #44
siiix
the goal should be to make a better game then the rest, learn not only what they do right but also what they do wrong

dont copy other games economy 1 to 1, this economy started out to be better then any others, it just needed a few tweaks

this last thing was not a tweak, it was a nuclear bomb

you guys need a functioning VP economy, not a complete impossible pricing, because how it is now VP booster don't even make sense, the prices are so wack that even double VP would not even remotely cut it

AND a few non unbalancing BF consumables, cool stuff not OP stuff, BF prices need to stay low but you need a steady flow
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 10:02 AM by siiix.)
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM | Post: #45
EbonyBlade 
(01-12-2009 08:08 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:20 AM)SE73N Wrote:  Fire Proof Panties are going to make BB useless, and the Tonic Potion will give all the classes a improved Combat Medicine rank five. Seriously how is this fair to us soldiers? All of us that WORKED to get to level 15-30, and find out there nerfing us hard.

Personally, for my soldier I think the potion is great. I get two instant heals! Even better, all my team mates within range get two instant heals. Unless I go with my colleague next to me who also play soldier, then we'll have ... ownage!

Seriously these items are not that far from the ordinary bandages. The potion is instant, and the underpants are automatic. But they don't really do anything you can't do without them. I think it's a great addition and variation to my gameplay.

What?

Completely immune to BB is no where near what bandages are.

If someone uses a bandage in the middle of a fight, they just get relit, and more damage gets done to them.

They have to get to cover before using a bandage, otherwise they just get burned again.

These piece of crap fire pants renders a skill completely useless.

Also, those "main threads" have been graced by the EA reps presense like once, with highly ambiguous "answers"

Click to sign petition!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 10:07 AM by EbonyBlade.)
01-12-2009, 10:06 AM | Post: #46
amondominus 
(01-12-2009 09:59 AM)siiix Wrote:  the goal should be to make a better game then the rest, learn not only what they do right but also what they do wrong

dont copy other games economy 1 to 1, this economy started out to be better then any others, it just needed a few tweaks

you guys need a functioning VP economy, not a complete impossible pricing, because how it is now VP booster don't even make sense, the prices are so wack that even double VP would not even remotely cut it

AND a few non unbalancing BF consumables, cool stuff not OP stuff, BF prices need to stay low but you need a steady flow
Listen to him, for the love of God.

The Baron Sez; Please read the forum rules on signatures before posting a new one.
01-12-2009, 10:09 AM | Post: #47
Sid3wind3r 
/signed

[Image: 9]

"Remember, half the people you know are below average."
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM | Post: #48
Nelis 
(01-12-2009 10:06 AM)amondominus Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 09:59 AM)siiix Wrote:  the goal should be to make a better game then the rest, learn not only what they do right but also what they do wrong

Listen to him, for the love of God.

Support free weapons in UNRANKED games

01-12-2009, 10:40 AM | Post: #49
shawncda2 
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH

Oh. God.

[Image: bfheroessig091420090653.png]
01-12-2009, 10:42 AM | Post: #50
Obode 
(01-12-2009 08:08 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:20 AM)SE73N Wrote:  Fire Proof Panties are going to make BB useless, and the Tonic Potion will give all the classes a improved Combat Medicine rank five. Seriously how is this fair to us soldiers? All of us that WORKED to get to level 15-30, and find out there nerfing us hard.

Personally, for my soldier I think the potion is great. I get two instant heals! Even better, all my team mates within range get two instant heals. Unless I go with my colleague next to me who also play soldier, then we'll have ... ownage!

Seriously these items are not that far from the ordinary bandages. The potion is instant, and the underpants are automatic. But they don't really do anything you can't do without them. I think it's a great addition and variation to my gameplay.

I would claim that aswell if it made sure it boosted my income.
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM | Post: #51
HelloAndy Go to next important person...
(01-12-2009 09:48 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  But dah, why am i even saying this to you. You get everything for free in this game.

Just as I like to play the real game, and write here in these community forums, I also get my VP and BF the same way you do. I have 60 BF left as of now, but really wanna try out the new health potion so I'm gonna add some more BF today I think. I like to have my account as normal as possible to see how things works in reality.

Developer, Graphic artist, and friend Heart
[Image: 54823763.png]
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM | Post: #52
SilentRooster 
(01-12-2009 04:24 AM)DesertWolf Wrote:  the reason for the fire proof underwhere is probably becuase they cant fix the BB bug XD

The bug is fixed...

01-12-2009, 10:51 AM | Post: #53
siiix
(01-12-2009 10:43 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 09:48 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  But dah, why am i even saying this to you. You get everything for free in this game.

Just as I like to play the real game, and write here in these community forums, I also get my VP and BF the same way you do. I have 60 BF left as of now, but really wanna try out the new health potion so I'm gonna add some more BF today I think. I like to have my account as normal as possible to see how things works in reality.
except you don't have to pay for the BF out of your own pocket Smile

maybe you should try to play with VP, now that will be a learning experience
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM | Post: #54
johnratchet3 
Thank you for replying to me Andy. I'm honoured Big Grin But here is where my view apparently seperates from the official DICE outlook.

I have a grand total of 2 battlefund items, bought a while ago. 2 unlimited clothing items. I play on 3 heroes and use about 2 of them each weekend. I don't buy bandages or wrenches, I buy weapons for a month (2 for each class), and about 1 customisation item for my 3 characters. It's quite plain, but after they all expire, I have gained between 100-250 vp. I'm a casual player, I only play on weekends. I'm almost representative of the target audience as such. With the new costs, I'll never be able to afford even the weapons, let alone the clothes or emotes I'd get to spice up my game. Instead of 1 large purchase every month, I'd have to do a higher cost for a single weekend of play. My stockpile of 3k vp wouldn't last a month.

What's more is that with those 2 unlimited clothing items, Im saving large amounts of VP. Yet now, even with them, I'm doomed to suffer VP bankrupcy, and have all the joy of customisation, victory and variety sucked out of my gameplay.

I don't know who DICE was looking at to gather their data, but they are way off the mark in average VP earnings over expenditure. VERY far off. Please Andy. Is there any chance you could tell them my plight, the one of the average player?

[Image: signatureesm.jpg]

There's nothing wrong with flying like a maniac, especially if you're flying in somebody's general direction.
http://the-homeofjr3.myminicity.com/
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM | Post: #55
HelloAndy Go to next important person...
(01-12-2009 10:51 AM)siiix Wrote:  except you don't have to pay for the BF out of your own pocket Smile

That's exactly what I do, paying from my own pocket. Sorry if it wasn't clear in my last post.

Developer, Graphic artist, and friend Heart
[Image: 54823763.png]
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM | Post: #56
Zellron 
I really think it's a great idea to make Soldier's class even weaker than it is already. Pwned by gunners at short range, pwned by commandos at long range, everyone has instant 50HP heal and everyone is fireproof. Two main Soldier's abilities rendered useless. Wow. I think this is worthy of the main page at the somethingawful.com, how to ruin a game in one week Tongue

No, seriously. Is this some kind of a test? Some experiment? You're trying to see how loyal BFH players are? Even I, without any game designing experience, am able to see that pretty much all your decisions this week are absolutely idiotic and are gonna cause further imbalances.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 11:10 AM by Zellron.)
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM | Post: #57
siiix
i think if you guys absolutely must rent advantage items they should be MINOR, like a bulletproof west that absorbs MAX 5% damage, or boots that let you run MAX 5% faster, helmet that gives you 10% chance to dodge a headshoot

but the current items are WAY over kill
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 11:12 AM by siiix.)
01-12-2009, 11:34 AM | Post: #58
Acetonium 
(01-12-2009 09:41 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 09:06 AM)johnratchet3 Wrote:  Few of us are booing the new shotgun so much as the 10x increase in valour point items. That's right. The price per day has gone up by 10 times. It's become nearly impossible for the free player, the VAST majority, to afford the very simple customisations that give the game its class and livelyhood.

Some VP items should definitely not be impossible to get. But haven't it been a bit too easy to keep several heroes up with full customization and weapons, and still have lots of VP over? You should definitely be awarded for playing, but perhaps not a full setup of extra-everything?

For widgets like bandages, I think lots of people forget that this change is for everyone. And it's not only about pricing but a bit about gameplay too. Think about it like this: If you can assume that every player you meet will have a stack of essentially unlimited amount of bandages, then what good is that item? We could've just made it default for no price at all. Which in turn would mean we could just remove it since everyone have it. Now what you get is instead an item that is worth something, that you save for those special occasions instead of throwing on basically every cooldown. Yes, it will be a change of how you play, how everyone plays. But in my opinion, after 10 000 rounds fired and the round is over, I'd rather see that I've killed (and maybe died) 10 times instead of 3.

I very much appreciate good answers and you gave me one (or a few, in this thread), which Ben Cousins did not (it wasn't bad but..). I understand he might be having a busier time than you do though.

Also, I agree that something had to be done about the widgets. Personally, I preferred playing using as little widgets as possible, especially with my soldier. Most people, however, just waved at me using their supreme bandages in the death cam. The potion (haven't found anything in the shop, is this in the game files?) seems interesting even though it might give the team that has it quite a big advantage. I've always thought a lot of health is better than a lot of damage. .

Regarding the weapons... I could have understood if you've doubled the prices which would have been justified, the prices were too low. But now, the prices actually are 21 times (no it's not 10x, but 21) higher than they used to be, they were raised by 2000% (7 days used to be 50 VP, now 7 days costs 1050 VP). I've been playing this game since closed beta and I've enjoyed it a lot.
The idea of giving all players the same basic conditions to succeed was great. Only cosmetic items should separate the paying players from the others. And I do know I actually can get the weapons. It's just that those who have the weapons unlimited, will have an advantage in like 9 games out of 10 since others can't afford to buy the weapons. If we're talking "new great super weapons", the advantage will be in 29 games out of 30 and it will be even greater. If I just could get the normal weapons (that I've got used to, and been playing with for months and months...) I'd be fine with a few people having a weapon slightly better than mine.
I also think that people who get introduced to the game being equal to everyone else, will be more interested in buying stuff later on, buying clothing and possibly a weapon that gives them a small advantage.

Ace
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM | Post: #59
HerrVonFock 
(01-12-2009 04:58 AM)Mountain_Goat Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:42 AM)tastegw Wrote:  at first i thought this was a joke.

i seriously did. then i saw the pte thread.

lol.. as if the players weren't angry enough.

Also thought that this was a joke at first...

I pressed the button
[Image: cousinsd.jpg]
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM | Post: #60
johnratchet3 
(01-12-2009 11:37 AM)HerrVonFock Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:58 AM)Mountain_Goat Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:42 AM)tastegw Wrote:  at first i thought this was a joke.

i seriously did. then i saw the pte thread.

lol.. as if the players weren't angry enough.

Also thought that this was a joke at first...

I don't think it's a joke, I think it's a bad dream I haven't managed to wake up from. I still slap myself every 5 minutes, but I haven't managed to wake up yet Sad

[Image: signatureesm.jpg]

There's nothing wrong with flying like a maniac, especially if you're flying in somebody's general direction.
http://the-homeofjr3.myminicity.com/