01-12-2009, 06:58 AM | Post: #23
milkkore 
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...?tid=89438

[Image: 5]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM | Post: #24
XxJesterxX 
well.. relax guys, the pants arent so great I admit.. but the potion is actually pretty cool since it's for all classes.. it's just like a badass bandage.. no big deal about it...

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 07:04 AM by XxJesterxX.)
01-12-2009, 07:05 AM | Post: #25
Toppy 
Unless its uber VP overpriced or BF based.

Heli edit: Your signature is too big. Max Signature size is 900x250px
Advertising is not allowed on the forums, in posts or signatures.
Please read the Forum Rules and Signature Rules
http://imgur.com/nblDO.jpg
01-12-2009, 07:08 AM | Post: #26
Groonz 
(01-12-2009 04:20 AM)SE73N Wrote:  how about a ring aswell, which makes you invisible?

That's just silly...

These days they come as capes!
01-12-2009, 08:07 AM | Post: #27
zotx 
wow the gunners and soldiers can through but cant catch what i mean by this is you guys start screaming nerf the commandos there to op now when you get nerfed what happens you start complaining ROLFLOL i find this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny i agree with what your saying but why cant it just go back to early open beta i mean they were the best DAYS EVA !!!!!!

(30-08-2010 03:08 PM)Kakarot91 Wrote:  its not camping..its tactical waiting
01-12-2009, 08:08 AM | Post: #28
HelloAndy Go to next important person...
(01-12-2009 04:20 AM)SE73N Wrote:  Fire Proof Panties are going to make BB useless, and the Tonic Potion will give all the classes a improved Combat Medicine rank five. Seriously how is this fair to us soldiers? All of us that WORKED to get to level 15-30, and find out there nerfing us hard.

Personally, for my soldier I think the potion is great. I get two instant heals! Even better, all my team mates within range get two instant heals. Unless I go with my colleague next to me who also play soldier, then we'll have ... ownage!

Seriously these items are not that far from the ordinary bandages. The potion is instant, and the underpants are automatic. But they don't really do anything you can't do without them. I think it's a great addition and variation to my gameplay.

Developer, Graphic artist, and friend Heart
[Image: 54823763.png]
01-12-2009, 08:13 AM | Post: #29
MattyG
(01-12-2009 08:08 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 04:20 AM)SE73N Wrote:  Fire Proof Panties are going to make BB useless, and the Tonic Potion will give all the classes a improved Combat Medicine rank five. Seriously how is this fair to us soldiers? All of us that WORKED to get to level 15-30, and find out there nerfing us hard.

Personally, for my soldier I think the potion is great. I get two instant heals! Even better, all my team mates within range get two instant heals. Unless I go with my colleague next to me who also play soldier, then we'll have ... ownage!

Seriously these items are not that far from the ordinary bandages. The potion is instant, and the underpants are automatic. But they don't really do anything you can't do without them. I think it's a great addition and variation to my gameplay.

Hello Andy, don't put the undies in :|
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM | Post: #30
Steamroll 
(01-12-2009 08:08 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  

why don't you "Blues" show your face in any of the 10000 protest topic about the new VP prices? i wonder...

[Image: sigcopye.png]

Sig made by Astro
01-12-2009, 08:16 AM | Post: #31
cheesewoo 
Really? I don't see any instant invisble potions for soldiers or any anti keg undies for soldiers.

01-12-2009, 08:23 AM | Post: #32
(01-12-2009 08:15 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  why don't you "Blues" show your face in any of the 10000 protest topic about the new VP prices? i wonder...

We did and we will. But we can't reply in each of 10000 topics, and especially no point when they contain mostly spam or foul language. Our moderators are doing a good job keeping the threads down and pointing people to a couple of "main" threads where we can hold a decent discussion, while continuing working with the game.

01-12-2009, 08:24 AM | Post: #33
MattyG
(01-12-2009 08:23 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 08:15 AM)Steamroll Wrote:  why don't you "Blues" show your face in any of the 10000 protest topic about the new VP prices? i wonder...

We did and we will. But we can't reply in each of 10000 topics, and especially no point when they contain mostly spam or foul language. Our moderators are doing a good job keeping the threads down and pointing people to a couple of "main" threads where we can hold a decent discussion, while continuing working with the game.

Do you know if the prices are going to be fixed or not?
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM | Post: #34
Punkbuster! 
Lol, are you serious? Nothing is gonna be changed

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 08:25 AM by Punkbuster!.)
01-12-2009, 08:26 AM | Post: #35
Sikariboksi 
andy.. you twisted son of a bastar...

oh never mind, i dont want this thread to be locked because of "foul language"

[Image: 3]

Only visiting the forums for drama and to see updates
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM | Post: #36
Steamroll 
(01-12-2009 08:23 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  

Strange. i constantly visit these "main" topics for a response. And we didn't got even one. let me correct myself. we got answer for questions thats not been made. You know what that is? Avoiding the communities question!

We want to know 2 simple things!

1: Does DICE really want to kill their own game by breaking their GIVEN WORD?

2.: When will you guys set the VP prices/duration back?

Just to make clear. 75% of the players will leave if the answer is NEVER

[Image: sigcopye.png]

Sig made by Astro
01-12-2009, 08:44 AM | Post: #37
(01-12-2009 08:24 AM)MattyG Wrote:  Do you know if the prices are going to be fixed or not?

Fixed isn't a term I would use, but it's highly likely they will be adjusted as we've continued to change the ratio between free/vp/bf since the beginning of the game. Comparing to other games out there, ranging from Windows games to Facebook games, we've had waaay low price/effort to get access to all of the cool content without barely even trying.

It should be possible to play and enjoy the game for free (which you can, the default clothes are a bit dull, but the default set of weapons are good and leathal). A more active player should be rewarded with enough VP to use a few none-standard items (here we might need more tweaking) either for a couple of days, like over the weekend, or be able to keep using some of them. And if you wanna have imba looks and a great weapon unlimited, then you should be able to buy this with a small and affordable amount of BF (we lowered this even more now).

01-12-2009, 08:49 AM | Post: #38
MattyG
(01-12-2009 08:44 AM)HelloAndy Wrote:  
(01-12-2009 08:24 AM)MattyG Wrote:  Do you know if the prices are going to be fixed or not?

Fixed isn't a term I would use, but it's highly likely they will be adjusted as we've continued to change the ratio between free/vp/bf since the beginning of the game. Comparing to other games out there, ranging from Windows games to Facebook games, we've had waaay low price/effort to get access to all of the cool content without barely even trying.

It should be possible to play and enjoy the game for free (which you can, the default clothes are a bit dull, but the default set of weapons are good and leathal). A more active player should be rewarded with enough VP to use a few none-standard items (here we might need more tweaking) either for a couple of days, like over the weekend, or be able to keep using some of them. And if you wanna have imba looks and a great weapon unlimited, then you should be able to buy this with a small and affordable amount of BF (we lowered this even more now).

As long as you have reasonably affordable VP items, I and many others will be happy.

And I did like the BF price cut BTW although I won't buy more BF after 11k of them...
01-12-2009, 09:06 AM | Post: #39
johnratchet3 
I'd like to say that I'm very glad someone is replying to the many sensible questions and comments now. Thank you for that Andy. I'd like to say something I wrote before that I'm going to recycle now so that someone who actually matters might happen to read it, where it isn't lost in a sea of understandable-but-ignored hatred.

Few of us are booing the new shotgun so much as the 10x increase in valour point items. That's right. The price per day has gone up by 10 times. It's become nearly impossible for the free player, the VAST majority, to afford the very simple customisations that give the game its class and livelyhood. The variety that lacks in other games and is soo precious in battlefield heroes has suddenly become un-affordable to anyone without access to paypal and such. No-one can afford to switch classes at will because they either have to endure the standard weapons (imagine gunners with TNT) and change their play style, since it takes one's entire wallet just to keep weapons on a single character now, or they have to stick to one class and dream about how perfect things used to be.

And again. If DICE needed more money, all they had to do was ask us outright. I'm positive it would've come flooding in. And everybody would be happy that we avoided this mess.

It's not too late for that. Things can still change if Dice wishes to keep its faithful players, who've complained little compared to the sea of outrage DICE has inspired over the last 24 hours.

Please DICE. Things were great before. In 2 weeks, the servers will be quiet, the ads will be unseen, and any free players will be brown and boring.

[Image: signatureesm.jpg]

There's nothing wrong with flying like a maniac, especially if you're flying in somebody's general direction.
http://the-homeofjr3.myminicity.com/ (This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 09:08 AM by johnratchet3.)
01-12-2009, 09:41 AM | Post: #40
(01-12-2009 09:06 AM)johnratchet3 Wrote:  I'd like to say that I'm very glad someone is replying to the many sensible questions and comments now. Thank you for that Andy.

Thank you back. Smile

(01-12-2009 09:06 AM)johnratchet3 Wrote:  Few of us are booing the new shotgun so much as the 10x increase in valour point items. That's right. The price per day has gone up by 10 times. It's become nearly impossible for the free player, the VAST majority, to afford the very simple customisations that give the game its class and livelyhood.

Some VP items should definitely not be impossible to get. But haven't it been a bit too easy to keep several heroes up with full customization and weapons, and still have lots of VP over? You should definitely be awarded for playing, but perhaps not a full setup of extra-everything?

For widgets like bandages, I think lots of people forget that this change is for everyone. And it's not only about pricing but a bit about gameplay too. Think about it like this: If you can assume that every player you meet will have a stack of essentially unlimited amount of bandages, then what good is that item? We could've just made it default for no price at all. Which in turn would mean we could just remove it since everyone have it. Now what you get is instead an item that is worth something, that you save for those special occasions instead of throwing on basically every cooldown. Yes, it will be a change of how you play, how everyone plays. But in my opinion, after 10 000 rounds fired and the round is over, I'd rather see that I've killed (and maybe died) 10 times instead of 3.

(01-12-2009 09:06 AM)johnratchet3 Wrote:  And again. If DICE needed more money, all they had to do was ask us outright. I'm positive it would've come flooding in. And everybody would be happy that we avoided this mess.

Thanks for your concern. We don't really need money as much as a sustainable business model for the game. Like, we want a lightweight and fun game, with great graphics and gameplay, that doesn't cost a lot to play and enjoy. AND that this game is not costing us more money than we make. Even if it would seem like a company like EA have endless money, it's bad business if games cost more to develop and maintain than they bring in. If a cash flow turns negative each month it will lead to zero money in the bank eventually. Not saying this is the case for us, but if we get it right with Heroes and this model, we can have a lasting positive cashflow and can continue working with it forever and everyone will be happy. Even make amazing expansions or who knows what the future might bring?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 09:46 AM by HelloAndy.)