Hello There, Guest!

30-11-2009, 11:10 PM | Post: #1
Clast  Go to next important person...
You've made an excellent game, fantastic in fact. You looked on the barren wasteland that is f2p games and made a vow that instantly won you an audience with gamers, to maintain balance between those who will play your game for free, and those who wish to pay. "No unfair advantages. No buying a win button."

You had a model that very few other games could ever hope to have. Paying for cosmetic changes only. I for one, didn't care if I looked normal or generic. In fact, I'm glad that the people who paid to support this game, got benefits that made them noticeable to other players, and got them that much more immersed into the game.

You allowed battle funds to make the game slightly easier for casual gamers. Sure, people could pay to get awesome bandages, but so could we with a little more effort. Yes, they got interesting looking guns and clothes, but the game play was the same either way.

Today, you violated the trust of the community that has made this game great. It's not the game play, the graphics, sounds, support staff, or any of that that makes a game successful. It's the love of the community that invests their free time into your game that makes it great.

You stand now, a barrier, a wonderful SUPPORTED game behind you, your intended audience in front of you, with your arms crossed in front of the damned internet, demanding that people pay up in order to enjoy the game YOU promised them for free.

I'm not naive enough to say that your work and efforts should go unrewarded. Nor do I believe that what you guys do and spend your time on should go without monetary compensation. You've created something worth while, and deserve money, but alienating the gaming community is not the way to achieve this.

If you have a dedicated,and even by looking at the forums and the response garnered from this, feverishly devoted community, you will be taken care of. We will support your game, we will give suggestions on how to tweak it, and through interaction with us, and work from you, it will become greater, pulling in more and more people.

Gamers as a community, are one of the more unique markets that exist. Products we enjoy, we will go to the ends of the Earth to support, we will recommend them to our friends, we will suggest on how to improve, and we will defend the products to an almost insane length. We're given so much crap in the marketplace, that when we find what we enjoy, it's impossible to pry us away. Hell, just look at Battlefield 1942. I can hop on today, to this seven year old game, and find no less than 40 servers running Desert Combat, a USER created mod. They are not there because they want to level up, or because they want to grind out some arbitrary currency to purchase new weapons, they are there because they enjoy the game, and going on almost a decade, still wish to play it.

There are countless games who developers have abandoned, and are continued by the community:

"Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines" is still being played daily, and even worked on, by the community fixing the bugs, introducing new content, and making it playable.

The community for Myth 3 petitioned to gain the source code to the game, years after it had stopped being supported, in order to fix the bugs, so that they may play.

Mount and Blade is a game that is almost completely supported by the community, without which, would fail completely, purely through the passions of the modding community.

The point is, if you meet us half-way, we're there for you. If you create something we love, we will support it. But if you give us empty promises, micro-transaction game play, and separate the playing audience into a P2P crystal tower, surrounded by a F2P ghetto, you will alienate your audience, and gamers specifically, once shafted, are a particularly difficult audience to win back.

That was quite a serious post, wasn't it? The point is, I love your game, but if it becomes another mindless, soulless "Pay or die" MMO, I'll do without it, and I speak for many of my brethren.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 11:14 PM by Clast.)
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 11:12 PM | Post: #2
captain phillip 
wow, how long did it take for you to say all that :O

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 11:13 PM | Post: #3
FDFR 
+1 Smile
30-11-2009, 11:17 PM | Post: #4
Jagged-Fel 
this post made me cry
please dice, you leave us with no choice, change the Vp system back, or we will go back to our cod 4s and Tf2s

[Image: JAGG.png]

Ezekyle Wrote:  In other words: 5 Jagged-Fels > 100 scrubs

30-11-2009, 11:20 PM | Post: #5
YouJustGotSarged 
That Vampire game is great, I have a copy myself! Smile

Ontopic: Great story, I hope EA listens.
30-11-2009, 11:22 PM | Post: #6
ReggaeG 
so serious...so true... lets clean this mess up

[Image: sigtestcopycn51rzqdsu.png]
30-11-2009, 11:22 PM | Post: #7
WiKKiD 
Epic post +1

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2009, 11:24 PM | Post: #8
McNutty|R.A.T.S. 
Great post, well said.

Also...

(30-11-2009 11:10 PM)Clast Wrote:  "Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines" is still being played daily, and even worked on, by the community fixing the bugs, introducing new content, and making it playable.

Mount and Blade is a game that is almost completely supported by the community, without which, would fail completely, purely through the passions of the modding community.

I absolutely love you for metioning these two fantastic games.

Edit: I just read your OP through for a second time. You say it all. They should hire you!

(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 11:28 PM by McNutty|R.A.T.S..)
30-11-2009, 11:25 PM | Post: #9
Ademo 
(30-11-2009 11:22 PM)WiKKiD Wrote:  Epic post +1

Indeed.

30.11.09 -Battlefield Heroes, RIP.
30-11-2009, 11:28 PM | Post: #10
Argityarg 
I totally agree with you! I want the old way back, and I want it NOW!!
30-11-2009, 11:32 PM | Post: #11
Ille 
You're my hero,totally suported,hey FDFR,can i use you "EA FAIL"sign too?

Total disrespect for the closed beta players,who helped more than anyone to improve this game

[Image: wedontpaybutton.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2009 11:33 PM by Ille.)
30-11-2009, 11:32 PM | Post: #12
AmericanEagle301 
Seriosuly? Do you ------- retards at EA seriosuly think people will still play this game? You've completely ruined it.

If your staff needs cash, YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE IT A P2P GAME UPFRONT! DON"T EXPECT PAY WHEN IT IS A FREE GAME!

The most VP I have ever had is 1239. Then you go and throw out this ----? No ------- way!

30-11-2009, 11:32 PM | Post: #13
Bauzi 
So true it hurts.

Do you know the game Gothic 3 ? It almost got playable only due to community patches.

Moderator VonCyblos Edit:
Hero! This signature does not comply with the Battlefield Heroes Forum Rules. Please read the UPDATED FORUM RULES and correct your signature. You can choose to NOT have a signature, or correct it. Failure to comply with this notice, will risk actions on your account.

You're getting this message because your signature is b]either[/b] more than 250 pixel TOTAL in graphical height, OR you have MORE than two lines of additional text, OR you have inappropriate imagery OR other game related imagery OR you have links to rick rolls or un-approved websites OR non BFH website OR have more than one signature, OR you have inclusive foul language.
30-11-2009, 11:32 PM | Post: #14
peacerich 
Great post, and well spoken words. Those should give them other thoughtsSmile
30-11-2009, 11:33 PM | Post: #15
gatillofacil 
+1.000.000

I feel betrayed

Bandage update is ruining the game, Click, sign and bring back the bandages!

[Image: pubsig.php?CurroJimenez;191317963;3]
30-11-2009, 11:34 PM | Post: #16
dragus359 
I know this isn't a petition, but...

/signed

There will be wailing and the grinding of teeth...

[Image: sosheroes.png]
-- [Image: integratedpetslogomax15.png]
--[Image: 16p05v.png]
-- [Image: 30cr5u9.jpg]

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/groups/21623 <---enlist! Big Grin
30-11-2009, 11:35 PM | Post: #17
kaelan253 
(30-11-2009 11:34 PM)dragus359 Wrote:  I know this isn't a petition, but...

/signed

Nice post ! Continue and don't forget to /sign the petition

[Image: pubsig.php?Jawax;199636563;40]

VP are now impossible to gain
VIVA LA REVOLUTION !
30-11-2009, 11:36 PM | Post: #18
cooman 
great post, i support

Angry
30-11-2009, 11:37 PM | Post: #19
mattmit 
(30-11-2009 11:12 PM)captain phillip Wrote:  wow, how long did it take for you to say all that :O

Well it was a hell of a lot better and more articulate than just copying and pasting someone elses statement.
30-11-2009, 11:37 PM | Post: #20
~Alf~ 
well said, thanks for the effort.