Hello There, Guest!

06-06-2012, 04:08 PM | Post: #281
Karaschk 
'Corparative'
We just need Hate and his buddies in the office to take their minds off of Spanish vacqueros and their ponies for a minute or two, and pay attention to core game mechanics.

+1

[Image: 6]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 04:10 PM by Karaschk.)
Find all posts by this user
06-06-2012, 04:11 PM | Post: #282
AAnnoo 
Knife mandos aren´t UP.
This thread is totally unneeded.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 04:12 PM by AAnnoo.)
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM | Post: #283
JVJ-Zordan 
(02-04-2012 10:17 AM)Bobaganooshy Wrote:  Please, just please.
Knifing is already considered 10x worse than sniping at higher levels.
Then you come out with troll-chete and fail katana.
SRSLY.
I JUST WANT A RESKIN OF THE UBER/SUPER KNIFE.
OR A BUFF TO PB.
That 2 much 2 ask?

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Yes sir.

07-06-2012, 12:40 AM | Post: #284
WorldBosh 
(05-06-2012 02:02 PM)LightItUp! Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 01:42 PM)HATE Wrote:  I ask questions based on topics of conversation that occur within the office.

As I have said before - Commandos will likely be the last in line for when tuning changes roll out. Because after other changes occur the needed changes will become more clear.

And to argue that X weapon or setup should win regardless of an opponents weapon, skill or setup; well I am not sure if you were just making a troll roll or were serious.......so yeah.

Not regardless, but if u put some planning into knifing somebody and every attempt fails, then its just disappointing and demotivating to play the class. a knife is supposed to be the ultimate sr weapon ( hopefully!) and right now knifing is more a thing of luck and stupidity of your opponent. And i personally hate knifing, but that's just frikkin obvious

Didn't know knives were supposed to beat guns.

07-06-2012, 12:45 AM | Post: #285
WorldBosh 
(04-06-2012 04:02 AM)Corparative Wrote:  I'm not raging at the devs because they are failing to balance the game (several years running now, in fact) I'm raging because the posts that I do see is Hate asking if we want throwing knives. And some other lame dude posting like commandos need a cool weapon. And horse emotes being coded into the game.

This isn't a question of difficulty. All discussion of the matter has up to this point been ignored by the devs, with irrelevant posts being made in a thread discussing knife mandos. I do not know where this disgusting attitude of their is coming from, or if its a psychological issue, but at this point, there seems to be precious little I can do to get the point across. Sometimes, clearly, just posting on the forums isnt a clear enough communicatory channel, although I must admit that these supposedly adult moderators did disappoint me pretty heavily.

As for your strange attitude towards knives...well..its just very interesting. Like I really have to leave it at that. Very strange indeed.

Knives haven't been changed all this time and the Devs aren't proposing ideas to buff the knives themselves because they were meant to be the way they are and you (and many others) aren't happy about it. Its like buying a bike and then complaining to manufacturers that it isn't as fast as a motorcycle and start requesting that they give you a bike with a motor so that you keep up >.>.

07-06-2012, 06:01 AM | Post: #286
The_WUUSTER 
(06-06-2012 11:42 AM)LightItUp! Wrote:  Gotta say hes right. Beat half of the ppl lvl 25+ with my 16 gunner without even getting iunder 50-60 hp

That's a pretty pretentious claim there. But then and again, half the level 30's out there have less than 1,000,000 points b/c of the jacked XP boosts, so they're not "true" level 30's who possess the skill and experience of one.

And I don't think my point was received. The problem with knifers isn't the weapon. The Super/Uber knife is incredibly powerful, dealing ~PS 5 + Sniper damage with each swing (if done properly of course), and it has the range of a frickin' sword. The main problem with knifers is that the other classes can easily counter them.

(06-06-2012 04:11 PM)AAnnoo Wrote:  Knife mandos aren´t UP.
This thread is totally unneeded.

Obviously knifing isn't UP since your main commando hasn't hit the high levels yet. Why don't you try and knife in a high-leveled, balanced pub game with soldiers and gunners, then come back here? I challenge you to keep a good K/D and a good score.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 06:07 AM by The_WUUSTER.)
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM | Post: #287
Corparative
(07-06-2012 12:45 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 04:02 AM)Corparative Wrote:  I'm not raging at the devs because they are failing to balance the game (several years running now, in fact) I'm raging because the posts that I do see is Hate asking if we want throwing knives. And some other lame dude posting like commandos need a cool weapon. And horse emotes being coded into the game.

This isn't a question of difficulty. All discussion of the matter has up to this point been ignored by the devs, with irrelevant posts being made in a thread discussing knife mandos. I do not know where this disgusting attitude of their is coming from, or if its a psychological issue, but at this point, there seems to be precious little I can do to get the point across. Sometimes, clearly, just posting on the forums isnt a clear enough communicatory channel, although I must admit that these supposedly adult moderators did disappoint me pretty heavily.

As for your strange attitude towards knives...well..its just very interesting. Like I really have to leave it at that. Very strange indeed.

Knives haven't been changed all this time and the Devs aren't proposing ideas to buff the knives themselves because they were meant to be the way they are and you (and many others) aren't happy about it. Its like buying a bike and then complaining to manufacturers that it isn't as fast as a motorcycle and start requesting that they give you a bike with a motor so that you keep up >.>.

Knives havnt changed? So uber knives were exactly like the old ones?

I stopped reading right there.
07-06-2012, 01:46 PM | Post: #288
Corparative
(06-06-2012 04:08 PM)Karaschk Wrote:  'Corparative'
We just need Hate and his buddies in the office to take their minds off of Spanish vacqueros and their ponies for a minute or two, and pay attention to core game mechanics.

+1

Thank you for the support sir Big Grin
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM | Post: #289
HATE
(06-06-2012 01:52 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I agree that knifing's a bit UP, but attempting to make knifing equal to other weapons/classes just destroys the point of class division. Commandos weren't meant to be gunners, gunners weren't meant to be soldiers, and soldiers weren't meant to be commandos. And just for the record, the Super/Uber knife itself is very powerful; it has a ridiculous range for a knife and it does super high damage. The problem with knifing is not the weapon; it's the class and abilities. Other classes have a solid counter to knifers, well knifers only have the element of surprise. Tweaking PB so that it's not actually useless though probably is the best buff a knifer can get.

WUUSTER covers the subject pretty well - and in the long term there are two features aimed at giving more tools to high level knife players.

The other opinions.......well are undeserving of attention and I will leave them where they lie.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM | Post: #290
Corparative
(07-06-2012 02:20 PM)HATE Wrote:  
(06-06-2012 01:52 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I agree that knifing's a bit UP, but attempting to make knifing equal to other weapons/classes just destroys the point of class division. Commandos weren't meant to be gunners, gunners weren't meant to be soldiers, and soldiers weren't meant to be commandos. And just for the record, the Super/Uber knife itself is very powerful; it has a ridiculous range for a knife and it does super high damage. The problem with knifing is not the weapon; it's the class and abilities. Other classes have a solid counter to knifers, well knifers only have the element of surprise. Tweaking PB so that it's not actually useless though probably is the best buff a knifer can get.

WUUSTER covers the subject pretty well - and in the long term there are two features aimed at giving more tools to high level knife players.

The other opinions.......well are undeserving of attention and I will leave them where they lie.

First off I wanna thank you sir for posting in the thread.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm glad to hear you agree that poison blade is useless.

But my question is, why is this the long-term? Why do you prioritize football t-shirts over core game balances that would allow 1/4 of your class separations, whatever you wanna call them, to play competitively?

You really are sending us the wrong message by taking this strange narcissitic/self-indulgent stance, and avoiding any sort of meaningful conversation about the sad state of knifers in competitive gameplay. You really are starting to come across as a bunch of developers who could care less for the actual meat and potatoes of gameplay - combat, abilities, and class balance, but want to release a quick and dirty patch for some space guns, cowboy hats, etc.

If you make the game a competitive, fun, well-balanced and fleshed out experience with plenty of content, there will A) Be many more people on your servers and B) An intrinsically greater incentive to purchase things from the cash shop.

I point you to League of Legends, which, unlike your game, keeps a very close eye on the various balance issues that the community points out, and regularly patches the game for said issues.

They end up making way more revenue than you in part because the core game, as well as each successful champion, are carefully balanced and developed to add to competitive and fun environment. Incentivizing loads of people to buy cosmetic skins, etc. in the cash shop.

The approach you seem to be taking, putting all this balance awesome on the back-burner, is, in my opinion, not the way to go. For the good of the game, I wish you would think about this.
07-06-2012, 03:09 PM | Post: #291
mnjcompagnie 
^
Be aware of what you say, you might have this oppinion(and in some ways I agree), but he is still a developer of this game and should actually be treated with a little respect (so no stuff like "narcistic/self-indugent"). IF you want him to listen to you, and not insult him, you might want to try a different approach...

Even though I know the solving of balance issues is hard work and it should be tested extensively, I also think it should come quicker. Because we are waiting quite a while now for the knife buff, the gunner nerf, the sniper nerf, the soldier buff and the shotgun buff.

Btw, I always thougt they('they' being the devs) have a team that makes the commercial part, and a team that does the balancing/tweak'nd stuff part. So its not so that they are making outfits instead of fixing core game balance, but it just happens to be easier to make outfits and commercial stuff, but they are still working on the balance. (still, it takes too long imo)

[Image: banana.gif]
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Image: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
07-06-2012, 05:43 PM | Post: #292
WorldBosh 
(07-06-2012 01:44 PM)Corparative Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 12:45 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

Knives havnt changed? So uber knives were exactly like the old ones?

I stopped reading right there.

Meant the core gameplay. Only difference between super/uber knives are more range and higher crit chance, which hardly anything to fret over if your a half decent knifer, although it would make things alot easier.

07-06-2012, 10:46 PM | Post: #293
Corparative
Core gameplay was addition of slow to keg.

Regardless, I think its blatantly obvious that the "commercial" department has been taking over this studio like a cancer in recent times. It was only this that I have been trying to point out. I'm glad that everyone seems to agree that the game is severely lacking in much-needed core game changes. And additions. For the sake of new content.

Talking to developers with me is sort of based on whether I respect them or not. I dont kiss ass on the forums just because someone's name is blue. And I certainly don't hold back on opinions. I try to be as blunt and clear in my communication as possible, so that there's no misunderstanding, and if my comments come across as jaded and edgy its because I probably am.

I believe the self-indulgent comment was warranted. And really, if I was trying to insult someone, that's not the language I would try to use. I didnt, and still dont, expect that last post to be responded to. Hopefully if they are reading this forum, it was just to give them some food for thought. The more provocative, the better.
07-06-2012, 10:55 PM | Post: #294
The_WUUSTER 
^Regardless, you're still treading in deep waters. I don't think it's a risk you'll want to take, unless you're more than prepared to receive some kind of repercussions.

And honestly, other than you, most of us here really aren't too preoccupied with the knifer's class, and events like the new golden guns promotion sure bring in a lot of profit (which is the #1 goal of the company), even though I agree with you in the sense that EAsy seems to be primarily concerned with money rather than actually paying close attention to the wants of the consumer. I've been waiting for bug fixes and a better matchmaking system (and/or server browser) for ages now, and I'm still waiting.

Although it'd certainly be nice to see changes made to knifers in the near future, the majority of the community (I think it's safe to assume this) is more concerned with balancing the soldier and gunner. And a lot of the people that wish to see knifing buffed simply just switched playstyles for the time being. After reading your posts, you seem to have the mentality that you're going to fail hard at higher levels. First of all, you should level up your hero and actually play in a couple of high-leveled matches before you make that over-exaggerated assumption; knifing may be UP but it can still be done, and it's certainly not impossibru. I can personally back that up; I've knifed for the majority of my time played as a commando (up until around 24-ish and occasionally after that) and my stats aren't exactly the worst in the world. And besides, HATE has given a confirmation at least; your advocacy hasn't gone to waste.

(07-06-2012 02:20 PM)HATE Wrote:  

Big Grin HATE noticed me :3

(04-06-2012 12:22 PM)B-Drasht Wrote:  lol noob

Stfu pathetic cheater.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 11:06 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM | Post: #295
WorldBosh 
(07-06-2012 10:46 PM)Corparative Wrote:  Core gameplay was addition of slow to keg.

Regardless, I think its blatantly obvious that the "commercial" department has been taking over this studio like a cancer in recent times. It was only this that I have been trying to point out. I'm glad that everyone seems to agree that the game is severely lacking in much-needed core game changes. And additions. For the sake of new content.

Talking to developers with me is sort of based on whether I respect them or not. I dont kiss ass on the forums just because someone's name is blue. And I certainly don't hold back on opinions. I try to be as blunt and clear in my communication as possible, so that there's no misunderstanding, and if my comments come across as jaded and edgy its because I probably am.

I believe the self-indulgent comment was warranted. And really, if I was trying to insult someone, that's not the language I would try to use. I didnt, and still dont, expect that last post to be responded to. Hopefully if they are reading this forum, it was just to give them some food for thought. The more provocative, the better.

Can't blame a business for trying to make money can you Tongue? Good thing you don't kiss the blue's asses since no one would really take you seriously, but you need to wake up and smell the day old cleats D:. When soldiers, for instance, are co-ordinated, things MAY become difficult for even the gunner, so imagine the hell a knifer would go through?

Oh and provocative is good, baseless and insane is bad Tongue.

08-06-2012, 01:20 AM | Post: #296
Corparative
Making money is my goddamn point.

Make a LOT of people want to play the game. STOP making nacho libre outfits.

When the people come, purchases of existing crap in the cash store from sheer population will increase. More people in general = more people buying stuff.

But for that to happen, improvements need to happen to the GAME. This includes fixing knife mandos.

Not goddamn football t-shirts.
08-06-2012, 01:23 AM | Post: #297
The_WUUSTER 
(08-06-2012 01:20 AM)Corparative Wrote:  Making money is my goddamn point.

Make a LOT of people want to play the game. STOP making nacho libre outfits.

When the people come, purchases of existing crap in the cash store from sheer population will increase. More people in general = more people buying stuff.

But for that to happen, improvements need to happen to the GAME. This includes fixing knife mandos.

Not goddamn football t-shirts.

Idk about you but I don't think the average player cares more about knifing commandos than getting a chance to win a perm golden gun.

08-06-2012, 03:45 AM | Post: #298
Corparative
I was talking more in general. More gameplay variants, enter-able buildings, ships, actual rockets, flying to different planets, alien invasion, new playable races, new classes.

And buffs to knifing commandos. Gap closer mechanics. Perhaps a separate class.

There are people of all styles and tastes. Making a golden pistol your long-term investment into the success of the game is incredibly shortsighted.
08-06-2012, 03:59 AM | Post: #299
WorldBosh 
(08-06-2012 03:45 AM)Corparative Wrote:  I was talking more in general. More gameplay variants, enter-able buildings, ships, actual rockets, flying to different planets, alien invasion, new playable races, new classes.

And buffs to knifing commandos. Gap closer mechanics. Perhaps a separate class.

There are people of all styles and tastes. Making a golden pistol your long-term investment into the success of the game is incredibly shortsighted.

....You want an MMORPG. A MMOTPS isn't for you bro.

08-06-2012, 05:17 AM | Post: #300
traduz 
New emotes would be nice too, the horse thing is so useless, they could make it animate at least.

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 06:29 AM by traduz.)