Hello There, Guest!

26-04-2012, 01:16 AM | Post: #341
SweetName 
/shrug

I really don't think this thread is at all productive.

Most of the people upset about the nerf... aren't actually upset about the EFFECT of the nerf. They're upset because they got nerfed period. Don't care about anything else.

The pro-nerf side is arguing about the EFFECT of the nerf being ok for soldiers, and good for the overall game.

Which is an ineffective argument... since the QQ isn't about the effect.

Say it isn't noticible? They don't care, they still know they got nerfed.

Say to use BS just like before? They don't care, they still know they're using an ability that got nerfed.

Say there will be further balance changes in the future? They don't care, they still know they are nerfed NOW.

TLDR: Some people are upset simply because they got nerfed. NOTHING anyone else says can change their feelings. Reverse the nerf? They'll be happy. Keep the nerf? They'll be upset. That's all there is too it. (Unless we wait a week... things tend to calm down pretty fast.)

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
26-04-2012, 01:34 AM | Post: #342
The_WUUSTER 
Some of the butthurt people claimed to be quitting. Kudos to them.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
26-04-2012, 03:11 AM | Post: #343
Salvenius. 
(25-04-2012 07:06 AM)HATE Wrote:  I would rather not distort the debates by supporting or countering the arguments being made as I find a lot of value in these types of back and forth balance debates.

Sadly HATE there are no debates happening here, 2Day is simply stirring up trouble to get a rise out of people...quite funny actually Wink

Normally I would try and keep a "debate" alive and on topic but this one is going downhill faster than a husband with a life insurance policy on his head credited to his wife and finding his brakes have just been cut Wink

tl;dr - Change has been for the better, those crying are crying because they know they can't get insta-kills on people with full health...the ones that aren't crying either believe the change is for the better or haven't noticed the change due to it being a small but needed one.

p.s please please please nerf EVERY Soldier ability majorly just so I can be amused by 2Day's reaction, that would make my day Rolleyes

Some Koalas just want to watch the world burn. Don't feed The Dark Koala aka TPang.
[Image: Salv_Sig.png]
I am a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative
26-04-2012, 03:12 AM | Post: #344
The_WUUSTER 
(26-04-2012 03:11 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 07:06 AM)HATE Wrote:  I would rather not distort the debates by supporting or countering the arguments being made as I find a lot of value in these types of back and forth balance debates.

Sadly HATE there are no debates happening here, 2Day is simply stirring up trouble to get a rise out of people...quite funny actually Wink

Normally I would try and keep a "debate" alive and on topic but this one is going downhill faster than a husband with a life insurance policy on his head credited to his wife and finding his brakes have just been cut Wink

tl;dr - Change has been for the better, those crying are crying because they know they can't get insta-kills on people with full health...the ones that aren't crying either believe the change is for the better or haven't noticed the change due to it being a small but needed one.

p.s please please please nerf EVERY Soldier ability majorly just so I can be amused by 2Day's reaction, that would make my day Rolleyes

Only b/c you're not with them anymore :3

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 03:13 AM by The_WUUSTER.)
26-04-2012, 03:14 AM | Post: #345
Salvenius. 
(26-04-2012 03:12 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Only b/c you're not with them anymore :3

You make it sound like "they" were a cult or something Tongue

Some Koalas just want to watch the world burn. Don't feed The Dark Koala aka TPang.
[Image: Salv_Sig.png]
I am a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative
26-04-2012, 03:25 AM | Post: #346
The_WUUSTER 
(26-04-2012 03:14 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 03:12 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Only b/c you're not with them anymore :3

You make it sound like "they" were a cult or something Tongue

Well, aren't they? Tongue

26-04-2012, 03:59 AM | Post: #347
2DayULive 
(25-04-2012 10:48 PM)Crowley69 Wrote:  I said this somewhere before:

Shoot someone a little and do your little insta blast thing against a building, or blast someone away and rely that your accuracy can pick apart your opponent.

Change and adapt, as complaining about it now isn't going to change it.
Change and adapt to more "unbalance" features? Please copter, the reason you enjoy playing soldier as it is, is because some people actually try to protect what they offer.

(26-04-2012 01:16 AM)SweetName Wrote:  *bleh*
Your opinion, assumptions, false, bleh ETC... makes this unproductive Rolleyes

(26-04-2012 03:11 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  p.s please please please nerf EVERY Soldier ability majorly just so I can be amused by 2Day's reaction, that would make my day Rolleyes
This is what this have come to. Nerfing ability out of personal value. Where is the balance in this? Please.

Quote:Normally I would try and keep a "debate" alive and on topic but this one is going downhill faster than a husband with a life insurance policy on his head credited to his wife and finding his brakes have just been cut Wink
Indeed, Kartoffelmos seems to be out of the list now. Only drew left posting more nonsense Rolleyes

Back to RECENT topic(OUT OF MANY), sumthing is being thought of to make soldier class from very unbalance to unbalance again.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
26-04-2012, 04:06 AM | Post: #348
2DayULive 
(26-04-2012 03:11 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  tl;dr - Change has been for the better, those crying are crying because they know they can't get insta-kills on people with full health...the ones that aren't crying either believe the change is for the better or haven't noticed the change due to it being a small but needed one.
Small changes to be needed? Especially at time like these for soldiers? Please, way to spicy up the thread. There is no small in "OMG! OVER POWERED, NERF NERF NERF".

(26-04-2012 03:25 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 03:14 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  You make it sound like "they" were a cult or something Tongue

Well, aren't they? Tongue
Would you like to join? We got cookies Rolleyes(off topic, must be interrupted!)

El Hermoso Instincts!
26-04-2012, 04:09 AM | Post: #349
Lightingbird 
Again, I didn't think it was overpowered BUT you have to consider it is a bit.. well I can't fairly find teh word. Well lets say "lame". It was a bit lame for someone to just hit one button, not aiming, no pointing, clicking on a target, thinking, or anything and score instant kills.

I think any logical person should understand that.

[Image: x3i8bb.jpg]
26-04-2012, 05:15 AM | Post: #350
2DayULive 
(26-04-2012 04:09 AM)Lightingbird Wrote:  Again, I didn't think it was overpowered BUT you have to consider it is a bit.. well I can't fairly find teh word. Well lets say "lame". It was a bit lame for someone to just hit one button, not aiming, no pointing, clicking on a target, thinking, or anything and score instant kills.

I think any logical person should understand that.
Ability on keyboard doesn't require clicking, some abilities do not require aiming(you use gun/weapons to aim), and thinking because you would need to consider when to press it. The amount it instantly kills triumphs the single one hit button and instant score. For example, in terms of score, mark target will constantly get you 10 points every 15 seconds assuming its at lv 1 and you or anybody is shooting the marked target while not aiming. A mark target will most likely get you more points than the minimal rate of bs instant kills, including dmg.

As for using troop trap instant kills as an example(ability used by one hit button), TT guaranteed dmg once it hits, BS do not. TT instant killing rate are high in some places while BS have lower rate. However, because you can bring BS where ever the action is, you can say that despite the chances being low, it is more probable that you will get instant kills. Unless, of course, the action is where the TT are planted(placed on a most probable place that will get instant kills).

But I do agree with you on one part. It would be lame to lose all HP instantly, despite the amount of times it happens. About the "OP", already explained.

El Hermoso Instincts!
26-04-2012, 05:19 AM | Post: #351
Revlis
This thread requires my input:

Wot?
26-04-2012, 06:16 AM | Post: #352
orpheus###### 
All i have to say is meh.

**** this game, that is all.
26-04-2012, 08:08 AM | Post: #353
GPrime232 
After the lunar map update, soldiers have even more disadvantages, we die faster. You guys want this game only have GUNNERS AND COMMANDOS??

[Image: 8]
26-04-2012, 08:58 AM | Post: #354
Ruhti 
(26-04-2012 08:08 AM)GPrime232 Wrote:  After the lunar map update, soldiers have even more disadvantages, we die faster.
How do we die faster now (yes, I main soldier)? As far as I know only blasting strike got a nerf (fix), base health and combat medicine were not touched.
Quote:You guys want this game only have GUNNERS AND COMMANDOS??
Personally, Id want a balanced game, class and weapon wise. In the current state Gunner and Commando seem indeed superior but I have faith in EA, they will nerf them and buff soldier. Eventually after thousand years of waiting, we will probably have a perfectly balanced BFH.

[Image: uc4sm.png]

26-04-2012, 09:48 AM | Post: #355
2DayULive 
(26-04-2012 08:58 AM)Ruhti Wrote:  How do we die faster now (yes, I main soldier)? As far as I know only blasting strike got a nerf (fix), base health and combat medicine were not touched.
You are no where near being a good soldier. If you are going to post, don't do it on atl accounts and expect people to even consider that you are "mainly soldier". Putting skills and the remaining kill aside, look how the weapons releases are starting(not playing dirty here...), Gunners, BAM, a few week of new weapons. Then comes mando while soldiers are again waiting for hopes. This new map, also in favour of mando. What else have I not accounted?

Quote:Personally, Id want a balanced game, class and weapon wise. In the current state Gunner and Commando seem indeed superior but I have faith in EA, they will nerf them and buff soldier. Eventually after thousand years of waiting, we will probably have a perfectly balanced BFH.
Hoping doesn't seem to produce results. You speaking like this also tells me you have experience in this game. But meh, losing interest.

El Hermoso Instincts!
26-04-2012, 09:51 AM | Post: #356
orpheus###### 
(26-04-2012 08:08 AM)GPrime232 Wrote:  After the lunar map update, soldiers have even more disadvantages, we die faster. You guys want this game only have GUNNERS AND COMMANDOS??

There is has been nothing done to suggest soldiers die faster.

26-04-2012, 09:54 AM | Post: #357
Notyou 
People still cry here?

[Image: tissues1.jpg]

26-04-2012, 10:04 AM | Post: #358
2DayULive 
(26-04-2012 09:54 AM)Notyou Wrote:  People still cry here?

[Image: tissues1.jpg]
Thank you for sharing. fap fap fap, wait...?

But seriously, VVV
(26-04-2012 09:51 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  There is has been nothing done to suggest soldiers die faster.
There is no need, we already know how fast soldiers die when having a gunner right in front of them and how a sniper, please. Unless you mean, "new", which the new BS change should slightly increase this(gives other classes more confidence to be near soldiers, BS 75% dmg gives other to strike back, etc..., already listed all). If I recall, a new lazer gun won against cheeser in a video I watched. If the chances were slightly increase in the new lazer gun, the new moon map makes sniping soldiers interesting. You see a soldiers head pop up, bam, sniped dead(easier and more efficient to snipe soldiers).

El Hermoso Instincts!
26-04-2012, 10:14 AM | Post: #359
Mr.Yogiz 
(19-04-2012 05:32 PM)Captian_kotov3 Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 05:30 PM)[x]-Inferno-[x] Wrote:  Yes it is, especially the Royal one, where the full force of it comes from their immense weight, and therefore 1 hit kills half the nat team.

+1 even one soldier can send you far far away.

(19-04-2012 05:32 PM)SilencedSnipe Wrote:  No, dont nerf it or 1v1 vs gunner is going to be unfair.

use tonics

Lol ya use a tonic everytime you end up against a gunner? Sounds like alot of fun -.-"

OT: I dont rly have a problem with this, I still use the same tactic as I allways have against a gunner, blast and hide, blast and hide Tongue Thats pretty much all a soldier can do, even be4 this nerf <_<
Leaving becouz of this nerf is stupid, every1 should have known that this nerf would come since every1 whos playing gunner alot, have ben crying about insta-BS wich they claim comes often, allmost as often as a backraping gunner with 5/5 FF and leg it (take that as a hint OP gunners) ^-^

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 10:20 AM by Mr.Yogiz.)
26-04-2012, 10:19 AM | Post: #360
orpheus###### 
(26-04-2012 10:04 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 09:51 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  There is has been nothing done to suggest soldiers die faster.
There is no need, we already know how fast soldiers die when having a gunner right in front of them and how a sniper, please. Unless you mean, "new", which the new BS change should slightly increase this(gives other classes more confidence to be near soldiers, BS 75% dmg gives other to strike back, etc..., already listed all). If I recall, a new lazer gun won against cheeser in a video I watched. If the chances were slightly increase in the new lazer gun, the new moon map makes sniping soldiers interesting. You see a soldiers head pop up, bam, sniped dead(easier and more efficient to snipe soldiers).
Yes but what I meant is that no other weapons can kill soldiers faster than they could before this. (IE the soldiers health has not been nerfed, no weapons or abilities have been buffed)
The rate is still the same in terms of health depletion and not enemy confidence.

And the point about the laser gun is only in its optimal range its great, otherwise it's pretty average.