Hello There, Guest!

23-04-2012, 10:56 PM | Post: #301
Deepwave 
^ Isn't enough trolling?

[Image: bfh-sign_zps8ce23088.png]
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 11:30 PM | Post: #302
The_WUUSTER 
Trolling or not, it's a good thing that BS got fixed.

You still butthurt?

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
24-04-2012, 05:09 AM | Post: #303
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 10:02 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  Maybe if you had the brains to consider what I was saying is that you have provided no actual (in this thread) evidence (facts) that soldiers have been greatly effected by this nerf (I.e how is it different playing before and after the nerf).
I do not consider your opinions worth my time. I am backing up soldiers, not convincing you. Whether you see what I have listed as great or small, losing something over nothing as great or small, or anything else is up to you. I respect your opinion, I have no needs of changing it.

Quote:That is why your points are invalid, you continue to make reference to other threads with your so called cons when all several of us have been asking for you to list them here which might provide some substance to your point. Instead of just continually avoiding the point like you just did.
And if you actually took some time to think about what I said you are the 'minority' (Ie the people who think that this greatly unbalances soldier)

And yes obviously gunner needs a nerf.
I appreciate that you think my points are invalid. Even though I still see you typing stuff like these "And yes obviously gunner needs a nerf." I need sum sugar to lighten this up! Angel

(23-04-2012 10:29 AM)SweetName Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 09:30 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  This V contradicts this ^ Rolleyes

NOt really...

Want to know why?

Because, regardless of what you seem to think you've done, haven't addressed ANY of those questions.
Lol, Rolleyes You win, now leave me alone. Unless you have anything good to talk about that is related to the changes.

(23-04-2012 05:14 PM)Kartoffelmos Wrote:  Very well. Then I'll make it easy for you. There is no reason. You're just complaining that they did something (even if that something is more or less equal to nothing) to the Soldier class. Everybody hated the Blasting Strike insta-kill (well, except for those who wasn't on the receiving end). The only logical argument that you might have was that the other two classes get to keep their insta-kill feature.
Nerfing an ability because people hate it doesn't seem right. See what I did there? For balance? or because people hate it? hmmm, thanks. I suppose BB should be nerf because people hate that skill too. I dislike getting burn constantly. It should be remove too.

Quote:To that, I will reply with some very simple questions:
Do you find it difficult to spot the Troop Traps hidden in archways or gateways?
Do you find it difficult to dodge a RPG-rocket when, and only when, you are standing under a roof or a similar overhanging feature?
Lastly, do you find it easy to dodge an undodgeable ability while at the same time positioning yourself in such a manner as you will not hit a wall when you are sent flying?
You lack experience. Come back when you have enough. Wuuter might give you some advice about that "undodgeable"(my brain took a rock to the temple) ability.

Quote:Regarding your statement about balance and the player experience: the developers have said that there will (or rather, should) be no one-shot/kill weapons in the game. The same can be applied to abilities (see my other point about Troop Traps and RPG to avoid being overly predictable in your future reply).
The same CAN be applied but HAVE they? Balance? Please...

(23-04-2012 05:42 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  BS has not been freaking nerfed. You can barely scratch an opponent over 75% HP, so that basically means you need to do 30 damage to enemy soldiers and gunners and 20 to mandos before getting the good 'ole BS insta kill. If you can't use your gun to the point where you can't fire off 3 accurate shots, then please GTFO.
This have already been answered. How gunners can gain hp within a snap and so on. Works well as a reminder.

(23-04-2012 06:06 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:50 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:44 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:42 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  BS has not been freaking nerfed. You can barely scratch an opponent over 75% HP, so that basically means you need to do 30 damage to enemy soldiers and gunners and 20 to mandos before getting the good 'ole BS insta kill. If you can't use your gun to the point where you can't fire off 3 accurate shots, then please GTFO.

If you gotta hit im first its not an insta kill duh'.

And no im not saying that this is bad or good.

3 LRP shots can be pulled off in almost no time at all, so still insta-kill IMO.

Instantly is instantly.

If you shoot him first it isnt instantly.
Don't argue with the fool. IMO most likely means "in my opinion". All you can do is accept/respect his opinion. In reality, he's dead wrong but in his own world, anything is possible.

(23-04-2012 06:36 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  You're being rude by stating that some posts "make you vomit."
He's not the only one being rude. *Cough cough* What... I do not provoke people! stop using such excuses!

(23-04-2012 11:30 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Trolling or not, it's a good thing that BS got fixed.

You still butthurt?
Gunners looooovveeee soldier nerfs.

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 05:10 AM by 2DayULive.)
24-04-2012, 05:16 AM | Post: #304
2DayULive 
Again, there is no need to go all crazy about this. The developers have said they are coming up with something to make it up. So until then, SOLDIERS! Prepare to get own!

El Hermoso Instincts!
24-04-2012, 02:02 PM | Post: #305
Zwegaphant 
(24-04-2012 05:09 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:44 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  

If you gotta hit im first its not an insta kill duh'.

3 LRP shots can be pulled off in almost no time at all, so still insta-kill IMO.

Instantly is instantly.

Don't argue with the fool. IMO most likely means "in my opinion". All you can do is accept/respect his opinion. In reality, he's dead wrong but in his own world, anything is possible.

You cant have an opinion about a word which is aligned to one meaning :[

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=e8fcb51fbea81f...a604320fb9]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2012, 02:27 PM | Post: #306
Gator4Eva 
(24-04-2012 02:02 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:44 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  If you gotta hit im first its not an insta kill duh'.

Instantly is instantly.

You can have an opinion of when you think instantly is, instantly after shooting your pistol, or instantly when you see the guy. Your version of instant kill is when he has full life, some peoples version might be getting the kill with blasting strike regardless of the amount of life.

[Image: ienpt4.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 02:28 PM by Gator4Eva.)
24-04-2012, 02:27 PM | Post: #307
Brutalny_Roman 
OK i played a bit with fixed BS and i don't see a big difference in damage, but...

Why the hell they made this stupid 2.5 sec brake between blasts? This is the thing that change whole gameplay.
As a soldier i can't fight against tank effectively. Especially on the flat ground it's not easy to flip a tank, but with other soldier it's easier. The double blast usually send tank far away
The same thing with large group of enemies, single blast will not ungroup them for good. It takes double blast to send few of them far away

Instant kills were not ok, but they were very rare thing. Double blast is the part of strategy, and important one, against tanks, against roadkills, and wingclips.

The fix destroyed soldiers important defense and offense strategy and that sux
Soon we will have only gunners and snipers Sad

[Image: 1]
24-04-2012, 02:49 PM | Post: #308
Zwegaphant 
(24-04-2012 02:27 PM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  You can have an opinion of when you think instantly is, instantly after shooting your pistol, or instantly when you see the guy. Your version of instant kill is when he has full life, some peoples version might be getting the kill with blasting strike regardless of the amount of life.

Says it all.

(24-04-2012 02:27 PM)Brutalny_Roman Wrote:  OK i played a bit with fixed BS and i don't see a big difference in damage, but...

Why the hell they made this stupid 2.5 sec brake between blasts? This is the thing that change whole gameplay.
As a soldier i can't fight against tank effectively. Especially on the flat ground it's not easy to flip a tank, but with other soldier it's easier. The double blast usually send tank far away
The same thing with large group of enemies, single blast will not ungroup them for good. It takes double blast to send few of them far away

Instant kills were not ok, but they were very rare thing. Double blast is the part of strategy, and important one, against tanks, against roadkills, and wingclips.

The fix destroyed soldiers important defense and offense strategy and that sux
Soon we will have only gunners and snipers Sad

You can still double blast but you just wont damage.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=e8fcb51fbea81f...a604320fb9]
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 02:50 PM by Zwegaphant.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2012, 02:53 PM | Post: #309
Gator4Eva 
(24-04-2012 02:49 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 02:27 PM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  You can have an opinion of when you think instantly is, instantly after shooting your pistol, or instantly when you see the guy. Your version of instant kill is when he has full life, some peoples version might be getting the kill with blasting strike regardless of the amount of life.

Says it all.
In your opinion Wink

[Image: ienpt4.png]
24-04-2012, 03:10 PM | Post: #310
Brutalny_Roman 
(24-04-2012 02:49 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  You can still double blast but you just wont damage.

Uff thats good, but it's still fcuked up
U can get damage from 2 kegs? from 2 piercing shots? at the same time off course

BB is nerfed cause if someone is in fire u can't set hit again, and now BS have the same option.
If they will do the same with FF, PS, Keg, TT i will be glad, but now its just stupid and unfair.

24-04-2012, 04:20 PM | Post: #311
The_WUUSTER 
(23-04-2012 11:30 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Trolling or not, it's a good thing that BS got fixed.

You still butthurt?
Gunners looooovveeee soldier nerfs.

Not gonna lie, unlike Deepwave you at least provide entertaining arguments.

I'll admit I'm gunner-biased. However, I care more about balance than about whatever class I like to play the best. Why else would I be suggesting fixes for Keg, CM, SS, and other various abilities?

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 04:20 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
24-04-2012, 05:17 PM | Post: #312
BuildNrZwo 
(24-04-2012 02:49 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  You can still double blast but you just wont damage.

no

[Image: lederpysignature.png]
bixxy pls?
24-04-2012, 05:19 PM | Post: #313
Pormcorn 
Smack em to the floor.

24-04-2012, 07:45 PM | Post: #314
Kartoffelmos 
(24-04-2012 05:09 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  Nerfing an ability because people hate it doesn't seem right. See what I did there? For balance? or because people hate it? hmmm, thanks. I suppose BB should be nerf because people hate that skill too. I dislike getting burn constantly. It should be remove too.

Removed? Blasting Strike didn't get removed, so your analogy doesn't make much sense. Now, if you had written that Burning Bullets would never kill any people, but bring them down to 1 hit point, I would agree with your example, but alas, you didn't.

Quote:You lack experience.

Actually, I don't. And the fact that you use this as an argument only shows that you can't address the arguments in my post. I could say the same about you and your ability to aim, as you don't have the best accuracy, but that would be silly.

Quote:Wuuter might give you some advice about that "undodgeable"(my brain took a rock to the temple) ability.

If you aren't within the Blast radius, you are not dodging it, but merely avoiding it. Tell me when you succeed in dodging the ability when you're standing close to the opponent. Also, try to come up with some logic arguments in stead of well... nothing.

Quote:
Quote:Regarding your statement about balance and the player experience: the developers have said that there will (or rather, should) be no one-shot/kill weapons in the game. The same can be applied to abilities (see my other point about Troop Traps and RPG to avoid being overly predictable in your future reply).

The same CAN be applied but HAVE they? Balance? Please...

See my other point about Troop Traps and RPG to avoid being overly predictable in your future reply.

(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 07:47 PM by Kartoffelmos.)
24-04-2012, 08:27 PM | Post: #315
WorldBosh 
LoL, BS is still fine >.>. Pop off 1-3 shots and you'll still get those high damage BS kills, depending on your target of course. People who're crying about the nerf are those who never use LRPs Tongue. THE LRP PEOPLE D:, THE EFFIN LRP IS LIKE FRIGGIN GOLD >:O. Learn to use it, learn to love it, then your BS binky will almost dissolve into nothingness and you'll soon learn to love BS' primary function, which is to create a buttload of distance....

24-04-2012, 09:02 PM | Post: #316
2DayULive 
(24-04-2012 02:02 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  You cant have an opinion about a word which is aligned to one meaning :[
Actually, you can have an opinion about anything. It's a personal belief/point of view as I recall. Confused bleh, no more of this pls.

(24-04-2012 02:27 PM)Brutalny_Roman Wrote:  ...
Meh, they appear to be making the wrong changes(in terms of game play), especially at times like these. I do, however, appreciate the new laser guns and updates. The weapons seems balanced too!

Kartoffelmos Wrote:If you aren't within the Blast radius, you are not dodging it, but merely avoiding it. Tell me when you succeed in dodging the ability when you're standing close to the opponent. Also, try to come up with some logic arguments in stead of well... nothing.
Have you ask wuuster yet? This also suggest you lack experience. Don't take it personal, spread the Heart. There are at least 3 common ways of avoiding/dodging BS when you are close to the soldier. There are ways of withstanding the force without jumping. One that takes the least amount of efforts is moving behind(I do aside) a wall/fence/tree/similar objects. I personally like dodging BS by moving behind/aside columns in VV.

Quote:
See my other point about Troop Traps and RPG to avoid being overly predictable in your future reply.
I do understand your point. I'll sit tight and patiently wait for that to happen(no sarcasm)! It apparently took 3 years, wonder how long it will take for the rest...

El Hermoso Instincts!
24-04-2012, 09:24 PM | Post: #317
orpheus###### 
(24-04-2012 08:27 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  LoL, BS is still fine >.>. Pop off 1-3 shots and you'll still get those high damage BS kills, depending on your target of course. People who're crying about the nerf are those who never use LRPs Tongue. THE LRP PEOPLE D:, THE EFFIN LRP IS LIKE FRIGGIN GOLD >:O. Learn to use it, learn to love it, then your BS binky will almost dissolve into nothingness and you'll soon learn to love BS' primary function, which is to create a buttload of distance....

Great piece of advice here.

But some mod should just lock this thread, it seems to be going in a circle now.
24-04-2012, 09:57 PM | Post: #318
orpheus###### 
(23-04-2012 10:02 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  Maybe if you had the brains to consider what I was saying is that you have provided no actual (in this thread) evidence (facts) that soldiers have been greatly effected by this nerf (I.e how is it different playing before and after the nerf).
I do not consider your opinions worth my time. I am backing up soldiers, not convincing you. Whether you see what I have listed as great or small, losing something over nothing as great or small, or anything else is up to you. I respect your opinion, I have no needs of changing it.

No one said you were trying to change my opinion.This has obviously turned into an argument a while ago and I was merely asking you to provide what you think is wrong so that the community and devs can see your point of view, because it still appears as though you have written nothing in this thread that supports your argument.
But no instead you continue to avoid my point, which is not an opinion but an observation (observation =/= opinion).
Thereby I can only conclude that you have nothing useful to provide to this argument and are just pointlessly rambling to troll me.
24-04-2012, 10:07 PM | Post: #319
OneShotDropped 
The nerf on BS was very well done. It isn't even noticable imo except for the instakills. well done EAsy

24-04-2012, 10:25 PM | Post: #320
WorldBosh 
(24-04-2012 05:16 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  Again, there is no need to go all crazy about this. The developers have said they are coming up with something to make it up. So until then, SOLDIERS! Prepare to get own!

Nope. You enjoy getting owned while all the soldiers with half a brain cell enjoy their slightly altered style of play.

(24-04-2012 02:02 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:44 PM)PeterZwegat^^ Wrote:  If you gotta hit im first its not an insta kill duh'.

Instantly is instantly.

If you wanna nitpick, BS was never instant. There was always a charge/cast time. I'm referring to a time-frame of less than a few seconds, which is still almost instant. If they ever made BS "instant" there would be SOOOO much QQ. You understood what I was saying, even if I was wrong about the definition. if you didn't, then you sir, need to grow up.