Hello There, Guest!

23-04-2012, 05:19 AM | Post: #261
Salvenius. 
So in reality you are not doing anything really are you? Anyone that plays soldiers, if they have issues I am sure they can come forward themselves...funnily enough not many have come forward for this one.

They came forward when their abilities were being mimicked in widgets but only you and maybe a few of them are the ones doing the complaining. All the others are simply getting on with the game and adapting.

Now I could understand if the distance, behaviour, force or actual damage was tweaked but that's not the case. It's just a simple prevention for insta-kill.

After all if you really want to come forward and back-up soldiers on this issue then please list these "many cons" you have about the change that you mention a couple of posts above. I can only think of one and it is only a minor one at that.

Some Koalas just want to watch the world burn. Don't feed The Dark Koala aka TPang.
[Image: Salv_Sig.png]
I am a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 06:08 AM | Post: #262
SweetName 
(23-04-2012 05:19 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  All the others are simply getting on with the game and adapting.

Now I could understand if the distance, behaviour, force or actual damage was tweaked but that's not the case. It's just a simple prevention for insta-kill.

LoL

My experience IN GAME has been that the majority of soldiers don't even realize that BS has been nerfed... It's only if you TELL them about it that they decide there is a problem. (And most decide it isn't a problem when you describe to them what it actually does.)

As far as I'm concerned... a nerf that goes fully unnoticed by the bulk of the people playing the class.... Can't really be a very big deal can it?

I mean... you don't even need to adapt. You just continue playing your soldier, and using your abilities, the EXACT same way you did prior to the patch.

[Image: 2]
23-04-2012, 06:29 AM | Post: #263
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 05:19 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  After all if you really want to come forward and back-up soldiers on this issue then please list these "many cons" you have about the change that you mention a couple of posts above.
I already have, going back a few pages and using search functions for other threads about this topic should contain enough sources. Rest is opinion... Angel

(23-04-2012 05:19 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  So in reality you are not doing anything really are you?
Rolleyes

[Image: 89]
El Hermoso Instincts!
23-04-2012, 06:32 AM | Post: #264
2DayULive 
Hmmm, I believe everything should be cleared up. Problems created by this, how unfair it was, the cons, how little matters, advantages over soldiers, etc... But oh well!

El Hermoso Instincts!
23-04-2012, 06:36 AM | Post: #265
Samu. 
I remember watching that video when I was a noob

[Image: wH8TaUz.png]
23-04-2012, 06:42 AM | Post: #266
SweetName 
(23-04-2012 06:32 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  Hmmm, I believe everything should be cleared up. Problems created by this, how unfair it was, the cons, how little matters, advantages over soldiers, etc... But oh well!

Thats the thing though.
I don't see any "problems" created by the change.
I don't see any "cons" to the change.
I don't see how the change gives other classes an advantage over soldiers.*
I agree that it doesn't matter a lot in the public gaming world. (Clan battles it matters a lot.)**
I don't agree that the change is unfair***

*Seeing as 1-shot kills were rare, and unplanned for... a soldier needed to assume their target wouldn't die when blasted. So all that changed is the attack became more slightly more predictable... The soldier plays the same as he always would... the other classes rage less often.

**BUt little changes for the better... are still changes for the better. Even if they go unnoticed 90% of the time.

*** But again, BS strike adjustment wasn't really first on my personal list of changes to be made. But as long as we DO see balance changes... in a timely fashion... I'm not going to complain about the order they come in. Frankly, i think it might be DETRIMENTAL to complain. When it comes to dev time... the big wigs want them focused on making clothes and stuff... because that directly translates to $$$. When balance changes = fanboy outrage, Fanboy outrage = appearance of upset community. Upset community = potentail loss of $$$. Loss of $$$ = NO MORE CHANGES. No more changes = unbalanced game is unbalanced.

I certainly don't think complaining that The BS nerf happened before a gunner adjustment or w/e is worth the risk of there NEVER being a gunner adjustment. (or w/e)

23-04-2012, 07:01 AM | Post: #267
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 06:42 AM)SweetName Wrote:  ...
Go back a few pages, use search function and find other threads about this subject, and try looking at it from both sides, with and against, once you gather enough sources.

El Hermoso Instincts!
23-04-2012, 07:14 AM | Post: #268
SweetName 
(23-04-2012 07:01 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
Go back a few pages, use search function and find other threads about this subject, and try looking at it from both sides, with and against, once you gather enough sources.

(23-04-2012 07:01 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  

Know what?

I read the whole thread.

I read the other threads on the subject as well.

I read the thread about it in the class forums.

I posted about it months ago in the class discussion post.

I post about it on... the other... BFH forum.

Again....

(23-04-2012 06:42 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Thats the thing though.
I don't see any "problems" created by the change.
I don't see any "cons" to the change.
I don't see how the change gives other classes an advantage over soldiers.
I agree that it doesn't matter a lot in the public gaming world. (Clan battles it matters a lot.)
I don't agree that the change is unfair

So...
Why don't you make it easy for us... and just WRITE the information, instead of just telling me it's out there.

In fact, I would be happy if you would just clearly state the following two:

WHAT are the problems created by the change.

What are the cons?

23-04-2012, 07:21 AM | Post: #269
jallu87 
instablasts still happen. thank god not that often.
hopefully we see keg/ff nerf nxt Smile

23-04-2012, 07:24 AM | Post: #270
orpheus###### 
(23-04-2012 06:29 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 05:19 AM)Salvenius. Wrote:  After all if you really want to come forward and back-up soldiers on this issue then please list these "many cons" you have about the change that you mention a couple of posts above.
I already have, going back a few pages and using search functions for other threads about this topic should contain enough sources. Rest is opinion... Angel

I Don't believe you have ever made valid points about the cons of fixing blasting strike(this particular fix), unless you would care to justify why any of your points are valid and not detrimental to the balance of the game from perspectives other than the minority (I.e other than the soldiers who think BS instakills are the only way a soldier can play) .
Because the way i see it is that soldier should be played the same as before the fix without any need to change on order to do as well as you could when instakills were enabled (I'm not the only one who thinks this). Thereby there are no real cons to this nerf other than those perceived by the minority
Consequently all i see is a person pointlessly ranting on about something that should not at all affect his gameplay.

**** this game, that is all.
23-04-2012, 07:33 AM | Post: #271
Vakero69 
(20-04-2012 05:35 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Does BS still give the same distance it always did? Yes.
Does BS still do massive damage if you impact someone against a wall? Yes.
Does BS have the POTENTIAL to kill a person with 100% health? No.

If a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to create distance from themselves....
Then the change has no effect on them.

If a Person playing soldier RELIED on BS to cause damage to their enemies when bashed into walls...

IF a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to kill people at full health...
Then you really weren't good at the game to begin with... and should learn to play before talking about balance.

^this
+ if the devs are fixing bs, they should fix it completely, I mean:

1) They should fix the "jump dodge" that prevent the target being blasted. (Sorry I don't know how to call it, but If u r a decent gunner/mando and know how to counter bs, u know what I'm talking about Wink )

2) The bug that causes bs being canceled when u get into the falling state (same as GS).

p.s. Too lazy to put vid example Tongue

--(\__/)
--(ಠ_ಠ)
"Don't dare to touch me!!"
€(ط(")(")
23-04-2012, 07:35 AM | Post: #272
Salvenius. 
Thanks 2Day, you have proven my point...the fact that you are not willing to list these "oh no gamebreaking nerf cons" that you continue to bang on about is because you know you have no leg to stand on.

The only difference that this tweak makes is the fact that a player who is blasted now has the chance and ability to fight back after being hit by Blasting Strike...that's why you're crying and calling it a nerf etc.

After thinking about it and even playing several rounds where against Soldiers, SweetName was correct...Soldiers carry on regardless when they blast, difference is I could still survive when smashed against a wall and at least damage the soldier back before being piled on by the gunners.

At the end of the day the change has happened for the better, if some soldiers rage quit because of it then so be it

No more reason to debate this any more

Some Koalas just want to watch the world burn. Don't feed The Dark Koala aka TPang.
[Image: Salv_Sig.png]
I am a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative
23-04-2012, 08:49 AM | Post: #273
SweetName 
(23-04-2012 07:33 AM)Vakero69 Wrote:  2) The bug that causes bs being canceled when u get into the falling state (same as GS).

Thats not a bug... it is actually a FIX of a bug that USED to exist.

It used to be that in the same situation, a soldier would be able to double blast, or double GS. Throwing 2 of them at the same time. (Gunners with keg as well)

The abilities cancel with fall animation is the fix they implemented...

Not a very GRACEFUL fix... but a fix nonetheless.

23-04-2012, 08:56 AM | Post: #274
crazy0111 
(23-04-2012 07:33 AM)Vakero69 Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 05:35 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Does BS still give the same distance it always did? Yes.
Does BS still do massive damage if you impact someone against a wall? Yes.
Does BS have the POTENTIAL to kill a person with 100% health? No.

If a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to create distance from themselves....

If a Person playing soldier RELIED on BS to cause damage to their enemies when bashed into walls...

IF a person playing soldier RELIED on BS to kill people at full health...
Then you really weren't good at the game to begin with... and should learn to play before talking about balance.

^this
+ if the devs are fixing bs, they should fix it completely, I mean:

1) They should fix the "jump dodge" that prevent the target being blasted. (Sorry I don't know how to call it, but If u r a decent gunner/mando and know how to counter bs, u know what I'm talking about Wink )

2) The bug that causes bs being canceled when u get into the falling state (same as GS).

p.s. Too lazy to put vid example Tongue
^+1
now hopefully keg/FF/ps will get some "fix" too . Sleepy
23-04-2012, 09:15 AM | Post: #275
Blackwyn 
This thread has the same people saying the same thing over and over again. Untill the smarter ones step down, it's going to be running in a vicious circle forever.

The fix happened, yes I'm calling it a fix and not a nerf. You'll adapt as everyone has in the past. It's true that this fix isn't what should be a priority in balancing when such a ridiculous class as the Gunner roams broken every single day in this game. But I don't blame them, as fixing BS is a much more simple matter than fixing an entire class and BS needed fixing since a long time ago.
So I'm glad that they are at the very least concerned about balancing now as to before (God knows how long I've been nagging about BS instakills.).

Now if we can move along and focus on the real broken thing in this game called 'Gunner', that'd be great.

[Image: PN1bEdp.jpg]
23-04-2012, 09:17 AM | Post: #276
orpheus###### 
^ DON'T FORGET SNIPERS.

**** this game, that is all.
23-04-2012, 09:30 AM | Post: #277
2DayULive 
Like I said before, I already have cleared everything up. I don't seek approval from any of you to begin with, this isn't a debate.

(23-04-2012 07:24 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  I Don't believe you have ever made valid points about the cons of fixing blasting strike(this particular fix), unless you would care to justify why any of your points are valid and not detrimental to the balance of the game from perspectives other than the minority (I.e other than the soldiers who think BS instakills are the only way a soldier can play) .
What makes my points valid? They are based on facts(truth), not emotions/personal feelings/opinions/assumptions. The rest is just nonsense to me and unrelated to BS(I.e, assuming this is about instant BS is the only way a soldier can kill).

Quote:Consequently all i see is a person pointlessly ranting on about something that should not at all affect his gameplay.
This is not about me, it is about soldier class and what it offers the players. This change benefits the skilled the most. I wont see other soldiers getting lucky kills on me(#1), especially since players have a habit of using BS each time it's available. I am standing up for what would be ideal for the overall(balance) and not just the good players. Not only for the overall, but the soldier class itself like I said before.

(23-04-2012 07:14 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Know what?

I read the whole thread.

I read the other threads on the subject as well.

I read the thread about it in the class forums.

I posted about it months ago in the class discussion post.

I post about it on... the other... BFH forum.

Again....
This V contradicts this ^ Rolleyes

Quote:So...
Why don't you make it easy for us... and just WRITE the information, instead of just telling me it's out there.

In fact, I would be happy if you would just clearly state the following two:

WHAT are the problems created by the change.

What are the cons?

El Hermoso Instincts!
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 09:31 AM by 2DayULive.)
23-04-2012, 09:42 AM | Post: #278
2DayULive 
(23-04-2012 09:15 AM)Blackwyn Wrote:  The fix happened, yes I'm calling it a fix and not a nerf. You'll adapt as everyone has in the past. It's true that this fix isn't what should be a priority in balancing when such a ridiculous class as the Gunner roams broken every single day in this game. But I don't blame them, as fixing BS is a much more simple matter than fixing an entire class and BS needed fixing since a long time ago.
So I'm glad that they are at the very least concerned about balancing now as to before (God knows how long I've been nagging about BS instakills.).

Now if we can move along and focus on the real broken thing in this game called 'Gunner', that'd be great.
hmmm, what you say sounds reasonable. As in fixing BS is much more simple. It would okay to get over the simple tasks. But this didn't create balance. It actually created more unbalanced between soldier and other classes. Because it created more unbalanced, things seems a little "off".

The least I can say about gunner is for their slow effect kegs to be removed. Not just for the sake of soldiers but knifers too. A gunner can use legit and rocket to counter knifers. Don't think they need the encouragement of disabling the ability too(knifers become vulnerable). As for soldier, the soldier does not have legit. Having a keg slow effect just makes it suicidal for the average player. Especially since it gets instantly thrown. As for the purple light, it should be kept. Gunners need at least a small method on detecting mandos. Does this sounds reasonable? One ability that can wipe out half HP, rarely do instant kills, detect stealth, cancel abilities, slow down players, can be instantly thrown, etc... Is abnormal.

El Hermoso Instincts!
23-04-2012, 09:57 AM | Post: #279
Notyou 
Let it go..

23-04-2012, 10:02 AM | Post: #280
orpheus###### 
(23-04-2012 09:30 AM)2DayULive Wrote:  .
(23-04-2012 07:24 AM)orpheus###### Wrote:  I Don't believe you have ever made valid points about the cons of fixing blasting strike(this particular fix), unless you would care to justify why any of your points are valid and not detrimental to the balance of the game from perspectives other than the minority (I.e other than the soldiers who think BS instakills are vital to the way a soldier plays) .
What makes my points valid? They are based on facts(truth), not emotions/personal feelings/opinions/assumptions. The rest is just nonsense to me and unrelated to BS(I.e, assuming this is about instant BS is the only way a soldier can kill).

Maybe if you had the brains to consider what I was saying is that you have provided no actual (in this thread) evidence (facts) that soldiers have been greatly effected by this nerf (I.e how is it different playing before and after the nerf). That is why your points are invalid, you continue to make reference to other threads with your so called cons when all several of us have been asking for you to list them here which might provide some substance to your point. Instead of just continually avoiding the point like you just did.
And if you actually took some time to think about what I said you are the 'minority' (Ie the people who think that this greatly unbalances soldier)

And yes obviously gunner needs a nerf.

**** this game, that is all. (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 10:06 AM by orpheus######.)