Hello There, Guest!

29-02-2012, 08:33 AM | Post: #21
SweetName 
I'll just add...

THIS is what you can do with the rpg.

Now show me what the DF can do that is in any way comparable.

Again, DF is for camp spamming...

Rpg is for gunners who know how to play.

(If gunners are playing right... you don't NEED to spam a derpzooka to "suppress" or "remove cover" A well played gunner already does that stuff.)

TLDR: Dragonzooka is called a noob gun... because it replaces the vast majority of the "skill moves" in a gunners arsenal with a weapon that is most rewarding when spammed behind corners. Good gunners do better with the RPG. Bad gunners do better with the DF. (and then remove any potential to actually get good... by spamming instead.)

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 08:37 AM by SweetName.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2012, 08:47 AM | Post: #22
Drew 
There is one good fact about the DF (yes, it is the only good fact about it lol).
If you use it right, it's a major anti-camper tool.

I had a commando on the church bell tower camping so I used the DF to attack him on the rear side. He was QQing all over the place that it was such a noob weapon till I reminded him that it took me 6 shots to kill him, which was more then enough time for him to move from the camp spot, yet he was stupid enough to just sit there and take it lol.

29-02-2012, 09:03 AM | Post: #23
SweetName 
(29-02-2012 08:47 AM)Drew Wrote:  There is one good fact about the DF (yes, it is the only good fact about it lol).
If you use it right, it's a major anti-camper tool.

I had a commando on the church bell tower camping so I used the DF to attack him on the rear side. He was QQing all over the place that it was such a noob weapon till I reminded him that it took me 6 shots to kill him, which was more then enough time for him to move from the camp spot, yet he was stupid enough to just sit there and take it lol.

But again....

The regular zooka will launch anyone from the tower as well...

or a kegzooka...

or just rocket jump your own way up there.

/shrug

[Image: 2]
29-02-2012, 04:55 PM | Post: #24
Leet-G4nner 
It was OP until it was nerfed.

Now? Its not so powerful.

29-02-2012, 05:19 PM | Post: #25
Zadath 
What I found most annoying about it was the fact that it was like a soldier's grenade--except better in every way.

Now, after the patch, I'm not sure; I haven't seen it used as much.
29-02-2012, 05:23 PM | Post: #26
Holefire
Cause its a cheap ass weapon that requires zero skill. It sickens me to spawn into a map where nubs are camped on either side of a map and spamming those and the POS MGL at each other at random spots just hoping something hits someone.

Learn to aim and buy real weapons
29-02-2012, 06:05 PM | Post: #27
Zellron 
I'm generally an opponent of weapons which allow you to kill the enemy without exposing yourself to harm at all.

29-02-2012, 06:08 PM | Post: #28
ManKik 
i hate it for so many reasons

those nightmares i will never forget it ._.

29-02-2012, 07:44 PM | Post: #29
NikolajG. 
(29-02-2012 08:33 AM)SweetName Wrote:  I'll just add...

Now show me what the DF can do that is in any way comparable.

Again, DF is for camp spamming...

Rpg is for gunners who know how to play.

(If gunners are playing right... you don't NEED to spam a derpzooka to "suppress" or "remove cover" A well played gunner already does that stuff.)

TLDR: Dragonzooka is called a noob gun... because it replaces the vast majority of the "skill moves" in a gunners arsenal with a weapon that is most rewarding when spammed behind corners. Good gunners do better with the RPG. Bad gunners do better with the DF. (and then remove any potential to actually get good... by spamming instead.)

Yea, i prefere panzerfist too, but sometimes I want to change. When I am boored with it i use DF. And as someon said here, its good anticamper weapon.

[Image: 1]
29-02-2012, 07:47 PM | Post: #30
johamand 
(25-02-2012 09:34 PM)NikolajG. Wrote:  A lot of guys say its nobish weapon, i said it works.
No weapons are nobish, in my opinion its about playstile.
When someon is only firing from DF and he is behind wall over all game, he is noob.
But there is nothing bad to fire two rounds before gunfight, or take out runing or covering enemies. what do yo think??

(29-02-2012 08:33 AM)SweetName Wrote:  I'll just add...

Blackleader wont count, he is not a human D:

[Image: daada.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 07:51 PM by johamand.)
29-02-2012, 09:08 PM | Post: #31
Drew 
(29-02-2012 09:03 AM)SweetName Wrote:  But again....
The regular zooka will launch anyone from the tower as well...
or a kegzooka...
or just rocket jump your own way up there.
/shrug

But it can't hit the other side of the church from you.
/only useful thing I've found about the DF lol.

That and bouncing the shots around corners to finish off fleeing commandos.

01-03-2012, 08:41 PM | Post: #32
Gyzmon33 
A gunner who cant rocket jump is no real gunner to me.

[Image: 3]
25-03-2012, 03:41 PM | Post: #33
mehul3 
(25-02-2012 09:45 PM)NikolajG. Wrote:  I think it WAS OP. And there was more OP weapons.

holy moly you have a really high k/d ratio :O
25-03-2012, 03:44 PM | Post: #34
TrudleR 
It's ok after the nerf...

BUT I HATE THE NERF ON THE PIRATE PISTOL!!!!!

25-03-2012, 10:35 PM | Post: #35
Titan~Sniper 
(25-02-2012 09:40 PM)ELIT281 Wrote:  Cuz its OP!

(25-02-2012 09:44 PM)SaltShooter Wrote:  it's owerpowered beacuse it makes 60 damage from long range
talking about it as an OP weapon just makes me feel so <yaoming meme>
if you don't know , they nerfed its damage from 45~to 30~ , the blast radius and the time needed for each ball to explode , you can't camp any more... so stop QQ'ing plz
(25-02-2012 10:12 PM)Freunddesteufels Wrote:  People hate it because they can't use it either because of their class, or because they can't afford it. Either way just try to ignore them. They wont be happy until every gun is nerfed to the point that you can't kill them with it. I get called a noob pretty much every time I kill anyone with any weapon. They just jelly cause they dead. It's just another gun, like any other gun they just don't like that you killed them with it. I've personally been kicked from servers for using the DF by an admin who was a gunner and was also using the DF himself, he just didn't like that I was better at it then him. Nothing in this game is "noob" it's part of the game. Tonics, DF's, or anything else people call noobish they just mad cause they dead and your still alive. The day that I log into this game and nobody calls someone else a noob is the day that the servers go down and nobody will ever play again, til then just ignore them trolls. Good Luck bud Big Grin
^ this
(26-02-2012 06:47 AM)Diggidy Wrote:  - causes the short range class to camp at long range
- can lead to random spam instead of rewarding skill
- eliminates gunner dominance vs. tanks, thereby hurting your team
- a gunner without kegzooka??
Who said , you can't kegzooka , i wish i had a better pc so that i could upload a video with my DFkeg gameplay , you can easily kill a group if you know how to use keg + ur DF ( at close range , not camping as you say)
+ a skilled gunner never use DF in a vehicle map..

[Image: 5]
25-03-2012, 10:37 PM | Post: #36
Titan~Sniper 
(25-02-2012 09:34 PM)NikolajG. Wrote:  A lot of guys say its nobish weapon, i said it works.
No weapons are nobish, in my opinion its about playstile.
When someon is only firing from DF and he is behind wall over all game, he is noob.
But there is nothing bad to fire two rounds before gunfight, or take out runing or covering enemies. what do yo think??
i think it's a cool thread. Smile

26-03-2012, 11:43 AM | Post: #37
Ekhayl 
How dare you people disagree with SweetName?!!
No, seriously, if not for him, I'd lost my belief in this community long ago...
Nobody seems to be able to be a little bit objective, at least that's the impression I get :/

@topic:

If people would just look at the facts...
What does the DF grant you that comes even close to what is shown possible in Blackleader's video?

Oh, and sometimes I tend to not healing helpless DF Gunners if attacked by a tank, it's hilarious Wink

[Image: 2wbxnok.png]

-| Read my war story: Trust & Betrayal |-
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:48 AM by Ekhayl.)
26-03-2012, 01:04 PM | Post: #38
Titan~Sniper 
(26-03-2012 11:43 AM)Ekhayl Wrote:  @topic:

If people would just look at the facts...
What does the DF grant you that comes even close to what is shown possible in Blackleader's video?

Oh, and sometimes I tend to not healing helpless DF Gunners if attacked by a tank, it's hilarious Wink

DF gunner in a vehicle map??
just Meh..you just should blast a JEEP into his face..

26-03-2012, 01:08 PM | Post: #39
Titan~Sniper 
@sweetName , Now ppl will start crying to nerf the keg damage after that video. :<

27-03-2012, 02:50 PM | Post: #40
Mrs.Murder 
Because they're kids. Smile

Twitch stream :: Xtian's House of Fatality ::
DF pre-nerf "mini-montage" :: Pirate pistol (pre-nerf) montage :: RR HOTH gameplay :: BB HOTH gameplay

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I am the baddest beech up in the pet store.

We can has female heroes soon?