Hello There, Guest!

28-09-2010, 01:34 AM | Post: #161
LilFuji514 
Sofa-King Awesome!!!!!

+5

(is +5 a reasonable amount to give to you?)

[Image: thesignaturedojoshopsig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM | Post: #162
OneTyme 
Very nice work!

It really is sad that someone from the community that doesn't even get paid for it, is the one to make this and not the devs. It is actually quite disgusting that the devs know what needs to be done, knows how to do it, but refuses to do it because they are too stuck on making the extra buck off of wack clothes and bogus maps. What a bunch of losers.

[Image: onetymesig1.jpg]
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM | Post: #163
paulo79 
thank you very much Smile
03-10-2010, 04:29 PM | Post: #164
GhotiGhost 
Really useful, thanks

[Image: TK6C6no.png]
Pitkins Fan Group / Thanks to Jballer77 for my ghost
03-10-2010, 08:36 PM | Post: #165
OneMember 
Awsome work guys Smile

05-10-2010, 08:06 PM | Post: #166
Bulletstrike 
very nice.
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM | Post: #167
ineedahelmet 
what does error 503 service unavailable mean?

[Image: ineedahelmetsig3.png]

(26-10-2010 07:05 PM)toob95 Wrote:  prepare your anus, cuz i'm coming after you! Angry
visit my awsome videos thread here> http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=185805
07-10-2010, 06:55 PM | Post: #168
Pedro 
It means I'm having 'issues' with my website provider, 123-reg. The website has been dropping completely off the radar for hours at a time lately :/

I'm on a "shared hosting" package, but due to the site's rapidly growing popularity, I've just about outgrown it. It means I'm going to have to pay more for a better web service. I don't mind covering the costs, as I don't want to add any advertising.

The upgrade or move may take some time to arrange and set up, so in the meantime, and considering the circumstances, all I ask is that you just keep hitting refresh.

Thanks,
Pedro

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=92660907c5d6b4...8122b05b48]

Silverlight BFH browser | HTML/Mobile BFH browser | Get Autoadmin | Get P4FCC | AND NOW Get AAXL too! | I am a community moderator/developer, NOT an official EA representative

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2010 07:05 PM by Pedro.)
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM | Post: #169
[Delta] 
(07-10-2010 06:55 PM)Pedro Wrote:  It means I'm having 'issues' with my website provider, 123-reg. The website has been dropping completely off the radar for hours at a time lately :/

I'm on a "shared hosting" package, but due to the site's rapidly growing popularity, I've just about outgrown it. It means I'm going to have to pay more for a better web service. I don't mind covering the costs, as I don't want to add any advertising.

The upgrade or move may take some time to arrange and set up, so in the meantime, and considering the circumstances, all I ask is that you just keep hitting refresh.

Thanks,
Pedro

Yeah this thing is really messing up AutoAdmin. My tools just went crazy again Sad I'll try again later *sigh*

[Image: hellf.png]

[Signature Copyright] - [Shrinking Signatures]

07-10-2010, 08:21 PM | Post: #170
Pedro 
As I'm still in the last stages of the beta, Autoadmin is still tied to the website. This means if the website is down, Autoadmin simply won't connect.

If Autoadmin is connected when the site goes AWOL, it will not affect the traffic between client and game - Autoadmin will still serve the players. It will just affect it's ability to upload to the website (result being error messages in the log tab).

According to the web stats, the worst outage to date has been three hours, however it's usually about five minutes.

Just to put this into context for you:
  • My traffic has rocketed to nearly 2,000 visitors per day.
  • There are now hundreds of Autoadmins out there, with between 50-80 actively online at any one time, all updating the website every 20 seconds. Many of which stay online 24/7.
  • Many admins are also using the feature of Autoadmin which allows them to place a live scoreboard on their own website within an inner-frame, so I'm taking hits from everyone visiting those websites too.
  • This all adds up to an average of HALF a MILLION hits per day Undecided

So by outgrown, I actually mean hemorrhaged Confused

I don't intend to make any money from this project. It really is just for love n' glory. The closd beta is just to control it's growth in these early stages, while I tested the network's limits and identified the bottlenecks (as well as fixing client/website bugs and adding new features)

So PLEASE bear with me as the Autoadmin story unfolds Wink

Regards,
Pedro

Silverlight BFH browser | HTML/Mobile BFH browser | Get Autoadmin | Get P4FCC | AND NOW Get AAXL too! | I am a community moderator/developer, NOT an official EA representative

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2010 08:27 PM by Pedro.)
07-10-2010, 08:31 PM | Post: #171
MetroidDread 
(07-10-2010 08:21 PM)Pedro Wrote:  I don't intend to make any money from this project.

You could Wink You'd be awesome and rich Cool

[Image: TBaMR.png]
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM | Post: #172
StupidusX 
EAsy should really fund the server browser. You're providing a service they purposely took out of the game, and it's clear people really do want it.

Pedro, I know there's one server which hosts hackers/the admins hack themselves and I don't think it's fair to anyone to have AA associated with it. Is there a method to contact you personally?

08-10-2010, 12:34 AM | Post: #173
ineedahelmet 
i was on that server last nite i swear 3 mandos simultaniously aimed for my face

[Image: ineedahelmetsig3.png]

(26-10-2010 07:05 PM)toob95 Wrote:  prepare your anus, cuz i'm coming after you! Angry
visit my awsome videos thread here> http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...tid=185805
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM | Post: #174
eXtremous 
Autoadmin is pretty nice, just too bad that autoadmin is kicking the wrong guys Dodgy
[Image: screen025.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2010 11:12 AM by eXtremous.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM | Post: #175
Pedro 
Autoadmin never kicks the wrong guys.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people, with guns Smile
I remember adding this punish. If I remember correctly, I was actually in-game at the time, and our outnumbered team was getting repeatedly base r*ped for an entire round. This is against my server rules. It's up to me how I deal justice. I actually think I'm quite leanient than some, that's usually the most autokicks I give people these days, mostly only 2-3.

Autokicks are quite a soft punishment really. Like doing lines on the chalk board. If someone wastes my, or my regulars' precious play-time, then autokicks will waste a bit of theirs in return, or discourage them from returning.

Regards,
Pedro

09-10-2010, 05:23 PM | Post: #176
Extreme_HardyBoy 
Lawl and what about that Pedro?
[Image: screen147.jpg]

[Image: extremehardyboy.png]
NC Germany: Winner of the hearts Heart
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM | Post: #177
Pedro 
This is me talking to someone (you) who had just been manually kicked and returned, a separate occasion to that for which the autokicks were given and for another reason. A consistantly stupid score and unbelievable k/d on my server (a monitoring feature of Autoadmin) that was causing everyone to rage quit, is another very good reason that an admin may kick someone.

Autoadmin records regular snapshots of scores during the round, stores all the chat into a searchable database and keeps notes on players accounts of warns, kicks, etc. So it's easy to check back to any occasion. Also, when players with bad notes return, a marker next to their name reminds me of history notes I should be aware of, to help me remember a player's past record, good or bad.

Viewing your profile, the number of lvl 30's you already have, all with high k/d ratios (which is another built in feature of Autoadmin) many admins may feel the same - although that would not be a valid reason for me. Further more, the description you post in your fangroup of how you like to r*pe the other team, is yet another reason admins may not want such a player on their server, ruining other player's precious play time.

Like I say, I'm the admin of my servers and I am a very fair admin compared to many. I stand by everything I do, or make a complete apology, which I do not feel is warranted on this occasion. It's obviously nothing personal, I don't know you, but I am entitled to dish out any justice that I feel fits the crime at the time.

Best regards,
Pedro

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 08:58 PM by Pedro.)
11-10-2010, 12:00 AM | Post: #178
r00t4rd3d 
Is there a forum some where for autoadmin ?

[N2D]
11-10-2010, 02:32 PM | Post: #179
BIG_B00M 
Well, I can't get it to work. When I click the link, I get some kind of a server error...

11-10-2010, 02:50 PM | Post: #180
DeltaForce00
(09-10-2010 06:07 PM)Pedro Wrote:  This is me talking to someone (you) who had just been manually kicked and returned, a separate occasion to that for which the autokicks were given and for another reason. A consistantly stupid score and unbelievable k/d on my server (a monitoring feature of Autoadmin) that was causing everyone to rage quit, is another very good reason that an admin may kick someone.

Autoadmin records regular snapshots of scores during the round, stores all the chat into a searchable database and keeps notes on players accounts of warns, kicks, etc. So it's easy to check back to any occasion. Also, when players with bad notes return, a marker next to their name reminds me of history notes I should be aware of, to help me remember a player's past record, good or bad.

Viewing your profile, the number of lvl 30's you already have, all with high k/d ratios (which is another built in feature of Autoadmin) many admins may feel the same - although that would not be a valid reason for me. Further more, the description you post in your fangroup of how you like to r*pe the other team, is yet another reason admins may not want such a player on their server, ruining other player's precious play time.

Like I say, I'm the admin of my servers and I am a very fair admin compared to many. I stand by everything I do, or make a complete apology, which I do not feel is warranted on this occasion. It's obviously nothing personal, I don't know you, but I am entitled to dish out any justice that I feel fits the crime at the time.

Best regards,
Pedro

Hardy pwned.