Hello There, Guest!

20-01-2010, 04:04 PM | Post: #81
Dimweb 
and we're the bad guys
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2010 04:05 PM by Dimweb.)
Find all posts by this user
20-01-2010, 04:07 PM | Post: #82
Holefire 
(15-01-2010 07:38 PM)StrongSurvivor Wrote:  Maybe you need to think first before you're implementing such things. Now you have to ask all the server providers to reinstall their servers (with again some downtime) ...
Sorry logical thinking is not recognized by this crew. Tongue

[Image: newmainsig.png]
20-01-2010, 04:15 PM | Post: #83
Freaksh00t 
Hi, are the Servers now up to date after the BFH Update ? We have still problems with kicking Cheaters !!!! I see nothing in your News.

i3D.net Sander Konings: Hi
i3D.net Sander Konings: Yeh, we know
i3D.net Sander Konings: We're contacting EA again
i3D.net Sander Konings: the update didn't solve it
20-01-2010, 04:55 PM | Post: #84
{aTa} 
' Wrote:RE: cant kick/ban again
Wednesday 20/Jan/2010 - 16:50

Dear Client,

We are contacting EA about this again, we have heard from more gamers that this issue is not solved yet.

We will update the website when we have new information from EA/DICE.

Best regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

i3D.net Helpdesk

i think someone will GET FIRED soon.

[Image: 2262916577_0_2.png]

>>>a nice server (nightmaps) (This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 04:37 AM by {aTa}.)
20-01-2010, 05:51 PM | Post: #85
StrongSurvivor 
Oh, that's weird guys, our servers are from i3d too.
I can kick at the moment, already did three times today (or they were leaving immediatly, but I don't think so).
I didn't try the ban yet, cuz there was nobody who had deserved a ban Wink

20-01-2010, 06:09 PM | Post: #86
Just4R4p3 
Tried kicking on myself : yes it worked like normal...than 2 hackers came in and i tried to ban them...hmmm..nothing happens...:|
So update works half, but not like we want to...i know i can add hackers by using their guid en write them in the ban-list, but its not the way it should be..
Please Guys help us with this prob, bring back the old controls....

*Max Edit: Sig zu groß (Dateigröße > 500KB)*
20-01-2010, 08:08 PM | Post: #87
rugerspur69 
admin on leet server auto kick for high ping dosent work.cant manual kick them either
dice you guys are somthin elseAngry
20-01-2010, 08:49 PM | Post: #88
The-Hero-Daniel 
why I can't update battlefield heroes.

The-Hero-Daniel. (i hope a anser about this question)HuhAngryExclamation

AngryExclamation
20-01-2010, 11:24 PM | Post: #89
Pedro 
My server was still ping kick spamming this afternoon, so I contacted i3d.
They checked my server and said the game server dll hadn't updated.
They brought the server down, updated the dll and restarted.

It fixed the ping kick, but tonight I find that idle-kick was still spamming, without actually kicking me :/

THEN the ping-kick returned Sad

It was like the idle-kick had set a flag that ping-kick wasn't setting any more. Once that flag was set, no more kicks of any kind are allowed. For example, if there was a datetime field called "last admin kick", which restricts kicks to 3 minutes. They fixed it so ping-kick doesn't set the field, but forgot to fix it for the other server-side kick, idler kick.

Can anyone else who HAS been updated, please leave an idle character on their server (not mine!!) and let me know if this happens to them too?

Regards,
Pedro

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=92660907c5d6b4...8122b05b48]

Silverlight BFH browser | HTML/Mobile BFH browser | Get Autoadmin | Get P4FCC | AND NOW Get AAXL too! | I am a community moderator/developer, NOT an official EA representative

(This post was last modified: 20-01-2010 11:29 PM by Pedro.)
20-01-2010, 11:41 PM | Post: #90
Dimweb 
leetservers kick works some times, ban well nothing, high ping works but now I can't change the maps wtf. why have a server so you can't do anything.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2010 11:42 PM by Dimweb.)
21-01-2010, 12:31 AM | Post: #91
subgenius 
It doesnt work!
It is still broken!
It might work a few times ..like 2 or 3 times.. then its bugged again, like before!

BFH sucks so much during the past months, I really dont have words for it...
Servers is still rented though, and I will continue to watch the failure of this game..
It was good as we all know, but the wrong decisions & adjustments were made...
Even when they tell us it didnt effect the numbers of players, it has an effect.. cause a lot of us dont give a f*** about this game anymore... go on ruining it - we lean back and enjoy the show of constant failure and move on to other games!
There might be players in BFH, but the real dedicated BFH community is already almost extinct - and no dedicated community = no success of a game in the long run; but I am sure you will tell us otherwise.. like you always shove so much BS down our throats these days, but that doesnt mean that we believe or still listen to you anymore!
I am really sorry for you, that it had to come to this bitter ending - but sometimes I suspect all of this is just a field testing.. for future games: how far you can go, how limiting you can be and still keep it running, and how much money you can get away with ...you still have to learn the lesson that making your customers happy is the way to success, as opposed to making a company happy - you still believe in those old models these days?! Well, wake up... times have changed, we live in a networking, information & skill sharing virtual community, and gamers have a lot of power in all the work they can accomplish, the way they organize etc.pp. - if you fail to incorporate them into your game developing processes, but reduce them to impotent users ...you will lose! Even such a mighty company like EA will lose through that, it is only a matter of time. But whatever.. that is not my business.. R.I.P BFH.

We the Gamers are legion, we observe, we decide, and we have the power - good night ladies and gentlemen.
21-01-2010, 01:55 AM | Post: #92
BifBologna 
So far, and let me re-emphasize that, SO FAR, after restarting my server, the multiple kicks and bans I have tried on myself (server emptied when I restarted) have worked. I have not re-activated any of the auto-kicks (ping, idle or badwords) yet so I'm not sure if they will have an affect or not. I'm gong to hold off on those for the evening then re-activate them one at a time later this week. Wednesday is typically the day my friends and I get together for gaming so we'll do some more testing this evening as a group. If we encounter any more kick or ban problems I'll drop back by and update.

Our server is hosted by LeetServers and we're using the Ness manager to admin.

Bif

[Image: 1b5nhf]
21-01-2010, 02:56 AM | Post: #93
ApacheThunder 
As far as I can tell it works. I have played a few rounds today and have noticed on every server I've been on today has kicked a few for afk and once for chat spam. So I don't know how some servers are having issues and others are not... ??

[Image: DivaMikuDance.gif]

I have Cameras in your head!

Join BFH and make a hero! Use my referral link to get rewards for playing BFH!
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 02:57 AM by ApacheThunder.)
21-01-2010, 04:13 AM | Post: #94
Dimweb 
just tried to kick a cheater, but wow i can't. tried to ban a cheater same guy can't well now every one has left the server due to him thanks EA why don't you pay my bill next time.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 04:55 AM by Dimweb.)
21-01-2010, 05:11 AM | Post: #95
Dimweb 
As an Admin you have the right to kick, ban select maps and restart the server anytime you want. That’s why we PAY for the server.
I just had a great time tiring to kick a cheater for 15 min to no avail.
They made me look like a fool when I couldn't get him off the server so everyone left.
Now I PAY FOR THE SERVER if EA/Dice or anyone else thinks they have to regulate how I chose to run my server then they can pay the stinking bill.
Why do we have admins if we can't do anything?
I know EA/Dice is making money off the servers. If not then you would have 300 providers.
So it's up to us the people who pay the bill to tell our providers that if they don't get there head out of there 4th point of contact we will cancel our server.
Then maybe they will get it right. This is the first EA server I have ever had and if they run all of them like a bunch of little school boys it will be my last. We pay for the right bottom line. It’s like getting a coke and then you find out you can't drink it because there is no opening in the bottle to drink it.
Maybe it’s time for them to get a clue.

Just Venting
21-01-2010, 05:42 AM | Post: #96
BifBologna 
Restarting the server only works for a bit. After a while something still triggers the kick timer and you can no longer kick a player from the server. Not sure what it is though. Early kicks worked but then somebody got kicked for chat spam by the system but never left the server. After that no kicks worked. After one attempted kick the timer said we had 87 minutes before we could kick again.

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=79fca5737a3c22...4aff6db89c]

Top of the priority list? Please?

[attachment=30083]

[Image: 1b5nhf]
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 05:44 AM by BifBologna.)
21-01-2010, 05:59 AM | Post: #97
{aTa} 
we will hear another announcement in 7 days that they are working on it. and another announcement after another 7 days that they will update and fix it again in next another 7 days. And then guess what, i wont be surprised if they will fail again. couse failure is addictive.

BFH team needs an urgent refresh...

[Image: 2262916577_0_2.png]

>>>a nice server (nightmaps) (This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 08:21 AM by {aTa}.)
21-01-2010, 08:19 AM | Post: #98
Just4R4p3 
if its not fixed in a short time server will go down and stay down....i'm not gonna pay for a server without control..this sux big time..

Wanted to enter my own server yesterday, could not get in cause i could not kick a normal player to make room for a VIP...i asked for an nats to leave...they did not response, than i restarted the server and there was room enough...so guys you now know it, if a admin cant enter his own server , he just will restart it..that is the way EA wants us to do it...Confused

Greetings SneakFreak aka Thc3D-NL

*Max Edit: Sig zu groß (Dateigröße > 500KB)* (This post was last modified: 21-01-2010 08:21 AM by Just4R4p3.)
21-01-2010, 08:21 AM | Post: #99
Freaksh00t 
The best thing is:

All Servers offline - So people cant play and pay !

Then they would change it fast i bet.
21-01-2010, 08:27 AM | Post: #100
Moke 
Right now im so happy that I let my servers expire in the beginning of January (cause of the 30/11 update).....

But it really sucks for you guys Sad