Hallo, Gast!

22-07-2009, 05:53 PM | Beitrag #1
Epsilan 
This is a mini "guide" if you would like to call it that. I made this because I went over BangBurney's (rather splendid) guide and I have personally tried it but it just doesn't work out for me and my play style. Now if you are like me then keep on reading. I full on agree with his tactics, tips, and weapons* but the abilities, not so much.

Abilities

Let's look into the future when your gunner will be level 30, then no matter which abilities you took in the lower levels you all end up at the same stage;

5 Hero Shield
5 Keg
5 Leg It
1 IEG

BUT you have to put points in your lower levels depending on your play style (If Burney's style works for you then great but if not then I think you should try this out). I have tried different setups such as;

level 1-10 - Frenzy Fire as your first ability but I have found that in order for frenzy fire to really work you need other skills that's why I have come up with the conclusion that frenzy fire could work in later levels (20+).

level 1-10 - 1 into IEG, 1 into Keg, 3 into Leg It - What I have found is that on 3/4 of the maps IEG is hardly of use to me and I have classified this as a 'filler' point such as when you max out all the vital abilities you have some left over and want to put it into something, i.e. IEG and my advice is to get this in the later levels because this point can be put in a much more useful talent in the early levels such as Keg, Leg, or Shield.

level 1-10 - 1 into Keg, 4 into Leg it - This is the second best set up that has worked for me. Longer sprint time then previous set up.

level 1-10 - 4 into Hero Shield, 1 into Leg it - Now you might start calling me a noob but I will quote someone, who I do not remember the name of, "you gunners think you're underpowered because you overlook hero shield" I just recently thought of that and decided to try maxing hero shield first. Yet to my surprise the first round I played i got 15-7. Next round, 16-8. Why this is good because it gives you a 60 shield right? you might think oh that's crap but in that extra 60 health you can give back over 60 damage, I give about 80+ everytime because i leg it towards the person and then shield so I pump shotgun shells into them and the next best part is the cooldown on it, 8 seconds. My 1v1 fights usually last longer than that, that means you can pop shield ONCE MORE to get another 80+ damage on the sucker and if you put that together from previously, 80+80 = 160 plus the damage you did within the 8 second cooldown. This is a guaranteed kill on gunners and soldiers, commandos are now little flies to me. Yet this build is not perfect, i'm missing keg which is a huge part in a gunner's play.

Weapons

Tank Buster - Is a MUST, you fail as a gunner if you don't have one, can be used for rocket jumps, extra damage on keg (with a level 1 keg i hit 81 once), blow up tanks, planes, jeeps and tons more.

Wolfgang's Wonderful/Bernie's Bone Chewer - This is the approaching weapon, while sprinting towards your enemy shoot as much bullets as you can before you get into shotgun/MG range.

Now, the secondary weapon depends on you; Do you lag a lot? If the answer is yes then you should go with the default MG instead of the very fast shotgun because personally i have lagged (on purpose for this thread) and with the shotgun i hardly pumped shots into my enemy. However I won more fights with the default MG in close range because you can spray with it and get more shots into the enemy.
Though if you do not lag then the shotgun is definitely better than the MG because it is fairly easy to get the bullets into them, and if it isn't practice makes perfect, go to tutorial and practice on the dummies or just keep practicing in real games.

Now the reason why I only did levels 1-10 in abilities is because most of the players just started playing in the open beta and they most likely picked a commando or soldier because they are way easier however they probably have a gunner that they don't play because they're too hard to level up however with this guide I wanted to show them what I think is the easiest setup to level up with therefore increasing the amount in our gunner community.

I know I shouldn't make a guide because my gunner is only level10 but i felt a need to share my experiments and thoughts with the community and maybe help some people who also didn't fit the play style (well a different set up means a different play style) which Burney's guide suggested.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 22-07-2009 05:57 PM von Epsilan.)
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
22-07-2009, 05:56 PM | Beitrag #2
Epsilan 
Double Post
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 22-07-2009 05:58 PM von Epsilan.)
22-07-2009, 06:24 PM | Beitrag #3
Epsilan 
Bump, come on, 40 views and no opinions?
22-07-2009, 09:56 PM | Beitrag #4
Pvt.Fisher 
I think that Shield 5 isn't good in low lvls. For beginners - well it kinda is, but for a expierienced BFH player, i call for 5 Leg It ASAP.

FF is pointless unless you lag like crazy and you can't hit anyone even with a short MG.

Bazzoka's are also good for taking down snipers? How you can do that? Simple. Use Leg It, move like crazy and most likely a Sniper won't move (if he's on a hill) and then you blow him to the air, he parachutes you go near him, shotgun, dead.

Not the Keg deal. IT IS A VERY POWERFULL WEAPON! Rank 5 Keg is just amazing. 1 vs 3 battlles are just eazy with it. You throw a Keg into Royal scum, bazzoka hit, and you enjoy the fireworks + DoT.
22-07-2009, 10:35 PM | Beitrag #5
wakamonkey 
@Epsilan

You use the same skills i use lol

[Bild: suandersprosigfinsh.png]
Nationals rule and you know it.
Please call mesa waka and not wakamonkey it's short and simple
22-07-2009, 11:51 PM | Beitrag #6
Taploni 
great tips i tried it and my point was rasing to the sky

[Bild: 3]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Online Shooter
[/php]
23-07-2009, 01:45 PM | Beitrag #7
KNARZVONHOELLE 
Hi guys,

i never played the battlefield series in a "serious" way before, only the closed beta for about 3 days without any intention to get better. i played rtcw and enemy territory on a mid/high competition level and started a few days ago into battlefield heroes.

i was thinking about the combinations of abilities and came to a perfect conclusion for me. level 16 royal gunner!

rtcw / enemy territory is a "tracking" game like battlefield heroes, u cant kill someone with one shot so u have to combine movement and wrist aim to get further, same as in bfh.

the shield is nice for beginners, but if u could setup an nice mouse sens / movement / refreshrate combination in the game its useless in my eyes. the leg it ability maxed with a keg, 1point hs, panzerfaust, long range mg + short range shotty suits perfect for me in 1vs1 infantry and tank situations.
23-07-2009, 03:40 PM | Beitrag #8
Epsilan 
@Taploni, glad i was of some help
@waka awesome to know that i'm not the only person out there with this set up
@Pvt. and KNARZ at lv26-30 everybody has the same setup so i only think the set up you use in the lower levels should have some thought put into it and quoting again "gunners think they're underpowered because they overlook hero shield" and i agree with that quote. Hero shield is a must, there is a reason DICE put your first point into it.
29-07-2009, 06:06 PM | Beitrag #9
ZiaixDarkslash 
Sheild sounds good, i'm gonna put my pionts into that Smile

Like the guide, quick and easy, and makes sense Smile

[Bild: 2]

Vidi, vinci, pwndi! | I'm at borntyping.wordpress.com (sometimes) | Known as Ziaix Darkslash
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-07-2009 06:09 PM von ZiaixDarkslash.)
30-07-2009, 01:03 AM | Beitrag #10
Demoman 
Personally, level 1 IEG should be the first thing you get, since it works perfectly right off the bat. It's all you need to fight a tank with.

Maxed Leg It is next.

After that, anything goes.

Due to the Gunner Update, the gunner is now your free, portable wall. A very, very deadly wall.

[Bild: 9145.gif]

Old school Role-Player

07-03-2010, 12:33 PM | Beitrag #11
jamandu 
Smile I agree with you although i think that the frenzy fire ability is slightly pointless as i mean come on, you have a machine gun anyway.
11-03-2010, 05:35 AM | Beitrag #12
Aikei 
IEG has worked great for me at lvl 12 i have saved countless lives by blocking tank shells and stopping grenade spams, but i might want leg it and keg too

[Bild: 1]
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM | Beitrag #13
LasHarambas 
Hey Espilan, I read ur Guide and i think it explains every abilty a Gunner should need at lvl 10-12, If you wanna play with me add me and we can team up,
Thanks
SupremecyX
07-11-2011, 05:16 PM | Beitrag #14
speedslash6 
everyone is saying FF is pointless.
Ever used it with a fast MG lvl 5?
You gain 11 HP every 4 bullets and have the spread of the long ranher with lvl 1 FF.
Against 2 normal soldiers you can usually murder them and end on 70-100 health.
IT PWNS.
07-11-2011, 07:17 PM | Beitrag #15
SupremecyX 
I agree with speedslash, cos' i have a short range and fast MG, and it rocks with frenzy fire, allthough i prefer to put my points into leg it and barell right now cos they are an op combo
Peace out
SupremecyX

[Bild: 1]
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM | Beitrag #16
68cf3 
Well I have a lvl 23 royal gunner ind i think Leg IT ist very good better than shield, u have to run in circles around enemies and Frenzy Fire is very good in far ranged battles to get more hits and life IEG is a MUST 2 kill tanks and keg is good 2 slow knifer Big Grin

[Bild: 966230.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/essokaymusic
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM | Beitrag #17
homstat 
lol

want too post one more
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 08-11-2011 08:35 PM von homstat.)
08-11-2011, 08:34 PM | Beitrag #18
homstat 
ok
that was a nice guide
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM | Beitrag #19
homstat 
my foto

Angehängte Datei(en)
.gif  foto-1-nat.gif (Größe: 121.25 KB / Downloads: 47)

24-02-2012, 10:41 PM | Beitrag #20
Gordon620 
(07-11-2011 05:16 PM)speedslash6 schrieb:  everyone is saying FF is pointless.
Ever used it with a fast MG lvl 5?
You gain 11 HP every 4 bullets and have the spread of the long ranher with lvl 1 FF.
Against 2 normal soldiers you can usually murder them and end on 70-100 health.
IT PWNS.

I agree totally. I've gone into a stink with 5ff going , mowed 2 opponents and came out with 12 more health than i started. I'm reasonably nooby but I swear by ff. PS , then I got sniped. lol.

Gehe zu:

X
Diese Person zu deiner Freundesliste hinzufügen
Diese Person aus deiner Freundesliste entfernen
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend