Hallo, Gast!

26-05-2012, 04:23 PM | Beitrag #281
The_WUUSTER 
(26-05-2012 08:56 AM)RAVER89 schrieb:  
(21-05-2012 09:44 PM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  
(21-05-2012 09:21 PM)Diggidy schrieb:  Also you can't judge anyone based on their stat point allocation since people frequently change it. For a while I didn't use any blasting strike to see if I could play successfully without it, if someone wanted to say I was a terrible soldier because my stat page showed I don't even use blasting strike they would be missing the point entirely. I once played a round using nothing but my hand grenade! People do different things for different reasons, you make all kinds of assumptions that may or may not be correct when you look at the stats page. It means nothing.

Ummmm... but both of his gunners have a very similar HP distribution, not just one. And yes stats do mean something. They're certainly not the best indicator of skill as they're easily inflated/adjusted, but they do say something. Is my statement that he barely uses his RPG when compared to his other weapons a false statement? If you really want I'll dig up tastegw's post (who IMO is one of the best players in the game).

Zitat:@ raver89

i know stats are not everything, but sometimes they do tell a story.
when reviewing your stat page, i knew you had little skill.

you have 58K+ kills, but less than 800 of those came via RPG. And that RPG is the 3rd most used weapon instead of first, and its not even close. What I am saying here, the RPG defines who is good at gunner and who is not.

Furthermore, you have no keg, and only a lvl 1 IEG. You seem to be a pure FF gunner. You rely mostly on your aiming, and that doesnt seem to be all that good.

you have twice as many blindfires as volley shots, showing you have a really hard time landing shots on airborne players (something that should be very easy)
A post directed at RAVER89 by tastegw (somebody you probably should know) under the alias no_super.
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/foru...pid3763387

Backing up taste's statement. Stats are not everything, but "they do tell a story."

And frankly, what gunner in their right mind would decide to play without any points in IEG at such a high level (24 counts as high)? A noobbasher (b/c noobs don't know how to use their explosives unless they're using a DF)? Even if you're experimenting, unless you want to be a total douche to your team, any gunner in their right mind will use at least 1 in IEG in a decent, high-leveled game.

Just another great player to back up my statement that good RPG use defines the skill of a gunner, which Amsterdam here clearly doesn't have:

"In my definition, what really splits the really good gunners from the rest, are their use of the RPG." - MassiveImpulsa (can't direct quote since the topic's closed). Btw, MassiveImpulsa is GIJoey (and the Big Bang guy) for those that don't know.

Talk about old bones, thought we were keeping this to bfhn Wink

Good rpg use compared to time of rpg used are different and the latter shouldn't be used to judge someones ability of how to use it.

Curious, what ''story'' do you guys see whan looking at my page?

Zitat:p.s. Most people who consider themselves to be the "authority" on things such as this have leveled at least on hero to level 30. JS.

[Bild: CartmanBirther.jpg]

Lol I just brought up his quote to prove a point; nothing intended at you.

And yeah I read your post how you bought your RPG late, so at least you have a reason.

But I honestly think good RPG use correlates with skill as a gunner. It's the one defining factor of the class.

[Bild: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schrieb:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 26-05-2012 04:24 PM von The_WUUSTER.)
Alle Beitr├Ąge dieses Benutzers finden
26-05-2012, 05:11 PM | Beitrag #282
ShadyArmada 
i have to admit i dont run around with my rpg as my primary key weapon
i use it when i need it nothing more to be said
btw what is all that about being good at killing enemies while airborn and airbornes and stuff
if i can kill the enemy i dont have any problem with the fact it was due to the rpg or my mg

26-05-2012, 05:29 PM | Beitrag #283
The_WUUSTER 
^Any gunner can run around and kill enemies with an MG.

Not every gunner can do it like a pro with the RPG.

Also, the RPG helps tremendously in disrupting groups (with or without Keg), and it gives you a huge edge in 1v1's. Killing somebody who's airborne and disoriented is much easier than killing somebody who also has clear aim of you.

(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schrieb:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
26-05-2012, 07:39 PM | Beitrag #284
ShadyArmada 
i have to agree alot of gunners cant even hit an enemy with their rpg when hes standing point blank Confused

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 26-05-2012 07:40 PM von ShadyArmada.)
26-05-2012, 10:00 PM | Beitrag #285
The_WUUSTER 
^Lol that's a problem.

Good aim and good ability usage are also a necessity, but as a gunner, they only get you so far.

27-05-2012, 10:07 AM | Beitrag #286
SweetName 
(26-05-2012 05:29 PM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  ^Any gunner can run around and kill enemies with an MG.

Also, the RPG helps tremendously in disrupting groups (with or without Keg), and it gives you a huge edge in 1v1's. Killing somebody who's airborne and disoriented is much easier than killing somebody who also has clear aim of you.

In addition to helping out with 1v1's...

The RPG is also a way to CREATE 1v1's.

See two soldiers approaching? RPG one, kill the other.

And... an important thing that a lot of people seem to leave out when it comes to talking about RPG use in gunfights....

The point of using the RPG isn't so much that you killed them because of it... But that you took less damage while doing so. Which means you have more health in your next fight... which makes it more likely you'll win that fight... etc.

Basically... you RPG them into the air to disrupt their aim. Which preserves YOUR health. Which, assuming one isn't pounding tonics, makes a big difference in the overall game.

[Bild: 2]
27-05-2012, 02:46 PM | Beitrag #287
Drugie 
(27-05-2012 10:07 AM)SweetName schrieb:  
(26-05-2012 05:29 PM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  ^Any gunner can run around and kill enemies with an MG.

In addition to helping out with 1v1's...

The RPG is also a way to CREATE 1v1's.

See two soldiers approaching? RPG one, kill the other.

And... an important thing that a lot of people seem to leave out when it comes to talking about RPG use in gunfights....

The point of using the RPG isn't so much that you killed them because of it... But that you took less damage while doing so. Which means you have more health in your next fight... which makes it more likely you'll win that fight... etc.

Basically... you RPG them into the air to disrupt their aim. Which preserves YOUR health. Which, assuming one isn't pounding tonics, makes a big difference in the overall game.

And that's not to mention the fact that good RPG usage can also help make up for deficiencies with aim, since it's much much easier to hit people when they are moving in a predictable direction. But then again, I suppose in the end it all leads back to what you said.

God I love you so much Sweetname...

(06-06-2012 02:32 PM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  Then I'm putting it in.

What happens in BF:H stays in BF:H

27-05-2012, 04:00 PM | Beitrag #288
dredned 
(24-05-2012 02:01 AM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  But I hope you're wise enough to know that having a level 30 means absolutely nothing (made even worse since those XP boosts on steroids). Level 30 =/= skilled & experienced; hell you're a perfect example.

As you are a perfect example of a BFHN child speaking out of his arse. You know nothing about high level play as you are not even a high level player. Gunner is universally know to be the easiest class. It is made this way to get the 12 year old noobs to spend money. By defending the point that gunners are not OP simply reenforces the fact that you know very little about this game or are just to stubborn to admit your wrong. Either way you look a fool.

-Ned

p.s. if you spent less time posting and more time playing you may just get that level 30.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 27-05-2012 04:04 PM von dredned.)
Webseite des Benutzers besuchen Alle Beitr├Ąge dieses Benutzers finden
27-05-2012, 04:41 PM | Beitrag #289
commander616 
every class needs skill
btw just ignore the troll thats what mature people do he obviously has no life and he is bored just let the kid troll i dont see a problem if you ignore him
27-05-2012, 08:16 PM | Beitrag #290
ShadyArmada 
(27-05-2012 04:41 PM)commander616 schrieb:  every class needs skill
btw just ignore the troll thats what mature people do he obviously has no life and he is bored just let the kid troll i dont see a problem if you ignore him

and you are?

Tongue

27-05-2012, 08:18 PM | Beitrag #291
stryker: 
They're just OP. You need SOME skill to operate them.

[Bild: NirdP.png]
(31-03-2013 07:01 AM)skata123 schrieb:  Tomonor is a bad astronaut.
27-05-2012, 08:20 PM | Beitrag #292
ShadyArmada 
they are not OP
thats what everyone keeps saying
gunners are only OP the first 10-15 levels then they sck unless they indeed ARE skilled enough

vice versa with a soldier

27-05-2012, 08:22 PM | Beitrag #293
stryker: 
(27-05-2012 08:20 PM)ShadyArmada schrieb:  they are not OP
thats what everyone keeps saying
gunners are only OP the first 10-15 levels then they sck unless they indeed ARE skilled enough

vice versa with a soldier

From my experience it's the other way around. If you fight them in the first 10-15 levels they're easier than in 20-30.

[Bild: NirdP.png]
(31-03-2013 07:01 AM)skata123 schrieb:  Tomonor is a bad astronaut.
27-05-2012, 09:43 PM | Beitrag #294
The_WUUSTER 
Thanks to SweetName and Drugie for affirming my post Smile

(27-05-2012 04:00 PM)dredned schrieb:  
(24-05-2012 02:01 AM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  But I hope you're wise enough to know that having a level 30 means absolutely nothing (made even worse since those XP boosts on steroids). Level 30 =/= skilled & experienced; hell you're a perfect example.

As you are a perfect example of a BFHN child speaking out of his arse. You know nothing about high level play as you are not even a high level player. Gunner is universally know to be the easiest class. It is made this way to get the 12 year old noobs to spend money. By defending the point that gunners are not OP simply reenforces the fact that you know very little about this game or are just to stubborn to admit your wrong. Either way you look a fool.

-Ned

p.s. if you spent less time posting and more time playing you may just get that level 30.

A BFHN child would probably say something among the lines of "you're a moron and a bad player, and you should stfu."

First of all, I never said anything about gunners not being OP; I was talking about how they're not no-skill tanks like the general crowd associates them to be. And my status on BFHN has nothing to do with this; I'm speaking from personal experience (and from the experience of others), so I have to disagree with your claim that I'm pulling stuff out of my arse. Keep in mind though, I never claimed anything about gunners not being OP, and it's true. A gunner who really knows how to play this game is indeed OP; the question is how much skill it takes to reach that OP-ness.

Commandos have Stealth and all they need is good aim to remain competitive (snipers especially; any person trying to do well and help their team doesn't knife). Soldiers have it cut out for them with CM, SS, and BS. They don't have to worry about a flanking gunner/team coming their way b/c they have SS to detect them long before. CM is basically an instant tonic that gets stronger the more you share it and even gives you XP, and everybody knows about BS. BB just makes their job even easier; just activate and spray it. Gunners on the other hand, require much more skill to operate (I'm talking about at high levels); such as actual good ability cycling (which the other classes don't have to worry as much about), RPG use, and map awareness (they lack SS and MT). Of course, a gunner who knows what he's doing can be very powerful, but it does take more skill to achieve that OP-ness, more so than the other 2 classes.

Second of all, I'm genuinely surprised that you think I lack high-level experience. I have 1 level 29 gunner, 1 level 28 commando, 1 level 26 soldier, and hell another level 24 gunner.

"High levels":
[Bild: You-keep-using-that-word1.jpg?9d7bd4]

And thus I supposedly lack any experience when it comes to high level games. So you're basically accusing me of noobbashing? I assure you I do no such thing (I'm not the XXXKruszakus you seem to hate so much). Hell I actually try to balance my games, hence why my W/L ratios have been steadily going down (and my new Royal gunner's W/L is barely positive). I think in this case it's actually better to use score as a factor, since with the new XP boosts (which you seemed to ignore) basically completely defeat the purpose of leveling to 30. My level 29 gunner has a score of 2.7 million, which is already higher than half the level 30's out there, simply b/c I never used XP boosts (save for the occasional one from the Claw).

Go spend more funds and fail at this game more. Actually no, that's something a BFHN child would say. Why don't get off your "holy chair" and actually read my posts? I'll admit when I'm wrong, but not to the bullsh*t you're posting (post more along the lines of SweetName, and let's talk).

- WUUSTER

P.S. I think you should know that "you're" is different than "your."

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 28-05-2012 01:53 AM von The_WUUSTER.)
27-05-2012, 10:34 PM | Beitrag #295
dajurgen 
ned is right about this though :
Zitat:It is made this way to get the 12 year old noobs to spend money.
(though that only applies to low levels)
27-05-2012, 10:48 PM | Beitrag #296
The_WUUSTER 
(27-05-2012 10:34 PM)dajurgen schrieb:  ned is right about this though :
Zitat:It is made this way to get the 12 year old noobs to spend money.
(though that only applies to low levels)

Exactly. It applies only to low levels. Then those 12 year-old noobs realize that suddenly their easy spray'n'pray class suddenly got so much more difficult once they started playing in 20+ games, and they lose interest.

E: Just took a poll on BFHN and on the official forums. The general consensus of a "high level" seems to rest around 24/25 and higher. So if that's the general public's thoughts, 3 of my heroes are considered "high level," and one of them is on the brink.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 28-05-2012 04:39 AM von The_WUUSTER.)
28-05-2012, 04:52 AM | Beitrag #297
Crowley69 
I read the title, I'm here to help.

[Bild: MANATEE.jpg]

28-05-2012, 04:59 AM | Beitrag #298
Mebes 
Closed Per OP request.

PM any moderator if you would like it opened again.
S

[Bild: attachment.php?attachhash=ea91760f3cb5d5...4b61bdfbd9]

I was a community moderator, not an official EA representative

Gehe zu:

X
Diese Person zu deiner Freundesliste hinzuf├╝gen
Diese Person aus deiner Freundesliste entfernen
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend