Hallo, Gast!

06-10-2011, 04:11 AM | Beitrag #121
The_WUUSTER 
(05-10-2011 08:01 PM)DaveDaDon schrieb:  i use 5 ff and 5 shield, and i tonic, wrench and bandage and i dont give a duck about you all talking this not so good here.. its just a game you nerds

We're hardcore gamers Tongue

And Dorian there's nothing wrong with using 5 FF AND 5 Leg-it, is there?

[Bild: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schrieb:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
06-10-2011, 06:24 AM | Beitrag #122
DorianGray 
(06-10-2011 04:11 AM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  
(05-10-2011 08:01 PM)DaveDaDon schrieb:  i use 5 ff and 5 shield, and i tonic, wrench and bandage and i dont give a duck about you all talking this not so good here.. its just a game you nerds

I feel as though frenzy fire makes gunners slow. When FF pops up people pop it thinking it's god mode (not letting leg it finish first) and they get thrown away by blasting strike and become sitting targets for long range pistols half the time.

I'd rather stick to leg it and keg while saving my butt and my team with IEG 5. FF isn't going to save you from keg spam, TT's or grenades. When I see a guy spamming a grenade launcher it's like hitting the lottery.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 06-10-2011 06:29 AM von DorianGray.)
06-10-2011, 01:57 PM | Beitrag #123
-!_dont_mess_!- 
!_-QQ-_!

[Bild: 7]
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM | Beitrag #124
AceEmerich 
(03-10-2011 12:18 AM)Zoom7 schrieb:  
(29-09-2011 09:38 AM)HATE schrieb:  For Frenzy.......Something has to happen. What "Something" is will not be decided until we have had time to flesh out the plan for abilities.

Just remove the heal and make FF increase the fire rate a bit.

Soldiers should be the only medics around.

Argh... bad idea.

Gunners need healing skills because then is always in the front of battle, specially with a lot of soldiers who dont heal teamates.

Funny, 80% of request of weakening gunners come from guys who dont play with gunners, or in other words... 80% of whimpers.

06-10-2011, 03:23 PM | Beitrag #125
fausje 
(06-10-2011 02:45 PM)AceEmerich schrieb:  
(29-09-2011 09:38 AM)HATE schrieb:  For Frenzy.......Something has to happen. What "Something" is will not be decided until we have had time to flesh out the plan for abilities.

Argh... bad idea.

Gunners need healing skills because then is always in the front of battle, specially with a lot of soldiers who dont heal teamates.

Funny, 80% of request of weakening gunners come from guys who dont play with gunners, or in other words... 80% of whimpers.

Where do you get this information?

[Bild: 16553_s.gif]

06-10-2011, 03:28 PM | Beitrag #126
dajurgen 
(05-10-2011 08:01 PM)DaveDaDon schrieb:  i use 5 ff and 5 shield, and i tonic, wrench and bandage while bashing and i dont give a duck about you all talking this not so good here.. its just a game you nerds

Dead game
06-10-2011, 03:39 PM | Beitrag #127
XXXKruszakus
(06-10-2011 03:28 PM)dajurgen schrieb:  
(05-10-2011 08:01 PM)DaveDaDon schrieb:  i use 5 ff and 5 shield, and i tonic, wrench and bandage while bashing and i dont give a duck about you all talking this not so good here.. its just a game you nerds

Lack of IEG at level 30 and pro stats = only achievable in low level games.
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM | Beitrag #128
AceEmerich 
(06-10-2011 03:23 PM)fausje schrieb:  

Argh... bad idea.

Just look at profile of posters of this topic. Dodgy

06-10-2011, 05:01 PM | Beitrag #129
fausje 
(06-10-2011 04:36 PM)AceEmerich schrieb:  

Argh... bad idea.

You stated that 80% (or 4/5 people) don't have gunners, right? This doesn't match when you check the profiles...

[Bild: 16553_s.gif]

06-10-2011, 06:46 PM | Beitrag #130
DaveDaDon 
(06-10-2011 03:39 PM)XXXKruszakus schrieb:  

or the result of a different playstyle than all you nerds who all play the same way cause of some guides you memorize word by word

[Bild: 2nuuequ.png]
07-10-2011, 02:39 AM | Beitrag #131
DuckingF00shbag
(06-10-2011 06:24 AM)DorianGray schrieb:  
(06-10-2011 04:11 AM)The_WUUSTER schrieb:  

I feel as though frenzy fire makes gunners slow. When FF pops up people pop it thinking it's god mode (not letting leg it finish first) and they get thrown away by blasting strike and become sitting targets for long range pistols half the time.

I'd rather stick to leg it and keg while saving my butt and my team with IEG 5. FF isn't going to save you from keg spam, TT's or grenades. When I see a guy spamming a grenade launcher it's like hitting the lottery.

Good point.
07-10-2011, 08:23 AM | Beitrag #132
HATE Go to next important person...
Dorian does highlight a very good point (as usual) - FF has become such an icon that people focus on it. Which some could use as justification for keeping as-is or giving it more power.

I would instead suggest that the ability is iconic because it does have wrecking ball potential and from that has gained massive popularity - that and it has a very shiny effect.

Overall FF got too good in that it's quality over shadows other options - which creates this friction between those who FF and those who do not......

It's also nice to see people who use IEG5 instead of just 1-point ftw....as the whole IEG vs GS vs TT considerations are another pot of fun.

[Bild: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
07-10-2011, 08:42 AM | Beitrag #133
DorianGray 
FF overshadows other abilities because it's very noob friendly in my opinion. It's a good ability for pubstomping, but against a high level and experienced soldier (especailly with a long range pistol) or sniping commando, it's so easy to counter that it becomes almost useless in those high skill level games.

Great thing about the leg it/keg combo is that you don't have to cancel leg it to use keg and with blasting strike, a long range pistol will simply out DPS you and your frenzy fire. In no way am I saying a gunner can't handle himself against a soldier, I feel these 2 classes are fairly balanced, but I do not think FF is worth it since it doesn't bring as much survivability as IEG to you and your team unless the enemy team lacks blasting strikes and/or isn't a commando with stealth and PS5.

Honestly I won't care if FF is nerfed or not because I don't use it. I think it's fine as it is, but I understand that a lot of people complain about it as well so I can see why you might be looking at the ability. I just think most people don't realize how useless this ability is unless able to stay in the correct range. I'd much rather be mobile with leg it + keg and give my team support abilities than run around and hope the enemy team is filled with noobs or lower levels to farm with FF.

As for IEG... I'd be very sad if it were nerfed. It makes me a happy gunner.
07-10-2011, 10:22 AM | Beitrag #134
XXXKruszakus
(06-10-2011 06:46 PM)DaveDaDon schrieb:  
(06-10-2011 03:39 PM)XXXKruszakus schrieb:  

or the result of a different playstyle than all you nerds who all play the same way cause of some guides you memorize word by word

Yeah, yeah - and you are so pro, even though you die mosty to default weapons, oh wait...
07-10-2011, 10:49 AM | Beitrag #135
bhtest 
Thing i noticed in the past days; the rocket from my RPG seems to 'riccochet' off sometimes. I only played my royal gunner, don't know if nationals have the same problem. My rocket starts its curve correctly, but then suddenly it goes -woosh- in a straight line, slightly upwards, totally missing the target.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 07-10-2011 10:50 AM von bhtest.)
07-10-2011, 11:07 AM | Beitrag #136
FearmageoddoN 
(07-10-2011 08:42 AM)DorianGray schrieb:  FF overshadows other abilities because it's very noob friendly in my opinion. It's a good ability for pubstomping, but against a high level and experienced soldier (especailly with a long range pistol) or sniping commando, it's so easy to counter that it becomes almost useless in those high skill level games.

Great thing about the leg it/keg combo is that you don't have to cancel leg it to use keg and with blasting strike, a long range pistol will simply out DPS you and your frenzy fire. In no way am I saying a gunner can't handle himself against a soldier, I feel these 2 classes are fairly balanced, but I do not think FF is worth it since it doesn't bring as much survivability as IEG to you and your team unless the enemy team lacks blasting strikes and/or isn't a commando with stealth and PS5.

Honestly I won't care if FF is nerfed or not because I don't use it. I think it's fine as it is, but I understand that a lot of people complain about it as well so I can see why you might be looking at the ability. I just think most people don't realize how useless this ability is unless able to stay in the correct range. I'd much rather be mobile with leg it + keg and give my team support abilities than run around and hope the enemy team is filled with noobs or lower levels to farm with FF.

As for IEG... I'd be very sad if it were nerfed. It makes me a happy gunner.

Dont nerf IEG, just simply dont.
For the FF discussion; I'd be really happy if it were replaced with something that can be a help for the team. FF brings out the solo-gunner in everyone, which pretty much destroys a GG for your team.

[Bild: y6aQJ.png]
07-10-2011, 11:46 AM | Beitrag #137
Mrs.Murder 
(04-10-2011 12:04 PM)DorianGray schrieb:  I stopped using frenzy fire when I realized it was garbage in a non-noob game like a year ago.

This. It's useless in high level/pro/clan-games. Plus it's annoying as hell when playing as a soldier to see a gunner running around with full FF and no IEG - so I have to use my BS on nonsense like kegs and GS.

FF is not a teamplay ability. No heals for you, you selfish duckhead.

Twitch stream :: Xtian's House of Fatality ::
DF pre-nerf "mini-montage" :: Pirate pistol (pre-nerf) montage :: RR HOTH gameplay :: BB HOTH gameplay

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I am the baddest beech up in the pet store.

We can has female heroes soon?

07-10-2011, 02:53 PM | Beitrag #138
AceEmerich 
(06-10-2011 05:01 PM)fausje schrieb:  
(06-10-2011 04:36 PM)AceEmerich schrieb:  
(03-10-2011 12:18 AM)Zoom7 schrieb:  Just remove the heal and make FF increase the fire rate a bit.

Argh... bad idea.

You stated that 80% (or 4/5 people) don't have gunners, right? This doesn't match when you check the profiles...

No, If you check the profiles you will see the principal players of profiles wasnt gunners, but forget about this, lets keep the focus on discussion of this topic.

07-10-2011, 02:57 PM | Beitrag #139
AceEmerich 
One noob question... IEG eat all explosive types ? (Rockets, Troop Traps, TnT)

07-10-2011, 03:23 PM | Beitrag #140
StupidusX 
(07-10-2011 08:23 AM)HATE schrieb:  Dorian does highlight a very good point (as usual) - FF has become such an icon that people focus on it. Which some could use as justification for keeping as-is or giving it more power.

I would instead suggest that the ability is iconic because it does have wrecking ball potential and from that has gained massive popularity - that and it has a very shiny effect.

Overall FF got too good in that it's quality over shadows other options - which creates this friction between those who FF and those who do not......

It's also nice to see people who use IEG5 instead of just 1-point ftw....as the whole IEG vs GS vs TT considerations are another pot of fun.

FF is a staple ability, though all Gunner abilities could be considered that. If anything, adding another ability to Gunners (perhaps shotgun-specific?) would create more variation to their skillsets. FF to Gunners is like BB to Soldiers, and the healing is what makes Gunners able to counter BB in a Gunner vs. Soldier fight. It's quite balanced the way it is IMO, and was nerfed in a sense when the Cheeser spread nerf happened. In fact, it's much less effective now I think as a result.

(07-10-2011 02:57 PM)AceEmerich schrieb:  One noob question... IEG eat all explosive types ? (Rockets, Troop Traps, TnT)

Yes, including the splash from plane bullets and tank shells

Gehe zu:

X
Diese Person zu deiner Freundesliste hinzufügen
Diese Person aus deiner Freundesliste entfernen
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend