V - Bandage
B - Repair
E - Enter Vehicle
R - Reload
X - Taunt
Z - Map
G - Rear View [Vehicle]

[Bild: 9186]

Mouse Sensitivity (Assume everything left out to be Default)

Infantry - 0.8
Tank - 1.2
Plane - 2 [Inverted Mouse]

Leveling Up/Abilitys

Stealth - Max this ability first, your first 4 Hero Points should go here to minimize the refresh timer. [12 Sec. at level 5]

Elixir / Piercing Shot - Your 5th and 6th Hero Point goes towards these, what order you choose is entirely up to you. [1HP each]

Troop Trap - Your 7th Hero Point should go here and would be wise to continue to improve this skill as you earn more HP.

Mark Target - Squeeze a point in here if you want to be annoying >:3

Current Set-up

Stealth - 5/5
Elixir - 1/5
Piercing Shot - 1/5
Troop Trap - 4/5
Mark Target 5/5

[Bild: 5]

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 12-11-2009 07:14 PM von JeSTeRP1.)
Alle Beitr├Ąge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM | Beitrag #2
JeSTeRP1 
Ability Explanation

Stealth - I can not stress how important this ability is. Without it a Commando wouldn't make it far around the battlefield before being gunned down, having only 80 Health Points. Its not that you need the ability to be level 5 so that your not as easily spotted, its more for getting that refresh timer as low as possible. You use this ability whenever its available, hide behind something if there is anything availible for that. Wait a moment for the abilitys effect to disappear before making your move to best assure nobody can track your movements. This is especially important if you know the enemy has a lot of Soldiers with Burning Bullets. Stealth can be saved and then activated only after you've been spotted as a method of escape. I don't recommend it to be used in this way unless by chance it happened to be availible when you decided to flee. Don't use this as a Strategy, you have Elixir to use, specially designed for Fleeing.

Elixir - As mentioned above, this ability is your method of escape. Though this ability has several uses, its primary function is for getting yourself out of a dangerous situation. You only need level 1 of this to begin with, it doesn't start to get better until level 3, so you should save your points and put them towards something more useful [Troop Trap] until you are a much higher level. Elixir can also be used to catch up to an enemy who you were trying to knife but they managed to slip away, just try not to lose sight of them in your own dust cloud. One final use for Elixir that I believe I'm the only person who uses it in this way, is to use the dust created by the ability to blind the enemy. Really only useful for capturing a flag when your Stealth ability isn't available, Activate it and run back and forth or in a circle around a flag area so you can still safely capture it without being seen. Typically only useful on Victory Village, but you can use it on the center flag quite alot since its so wide open.

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 09-04-2009 11:44 PM von JeSTeRP1.)
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM | Beitrag #3
JeSTeRP1 
Piercing Shot - This is a must have, at least level 1. I can't say this one isn't worth leveling up, its all according to preference and play style. If you want to play as the Sniper, you can probably sacrifice some Stealth points as you will be attacking with your rifle a lot because the ability will be ready more often. If you are going to be like me and have it as level 1, I highly recommend you take the Rifle with the 5 bullet clip. Other Rifles stack better with Piercing Shot of a higher level because you have more bullets in a clip and more time to shoot with the buff activated. With Rank 1 you have 5 seconds to shoot 5 rounds, which if your accurate and fast enough should be sufficient to kill two people before your guns empty. Due to this fact, a Commando should avoid situations that are more then 2 vs 1, otherwise its Elixir time!.

Troop Trap - The Troop Trap is extremely fun, and the higher level it is the more often you get to use it. As an added bonus they become more deadly, as if being able to throw them without having to de-Stealth wasn't enough. They are useful in very many situations so maxing this ability out to ensure they are availible most every time you need them is highly recommended, but you wouldn't want to ignore having at least Elixir Rank 1 and Piercing Shot Rank 1 before you consider it. The way to use the Troop Trap for best results when you are throwing it in hopes someone is going wander by it and set it off is to do the following. Always put it flat on the ground or at the very bottom of a structure so that the explosion happens below their feet sending them skyward, this may cause fall damage and will still credit you for the kill. The Troop Trap can be used to assist you in an annoying Knife Fight, to help destroy a Tank, or to throw into a group of people and flee.

***Updated 07/07/09 - I have been using the Troop Trap as part of my opening attack in some situations. Practicing with running and jumping, then throwing a Troop Trap to send it great distances without having to get to close and give yourself away. The way this works is, while in stealth you move towards the enemy, Jump and Deploy the Troop Trap and at the same moment press the back key to stop my character from moving forward but all the momentum you once had stays with the Troop Trap. With enough practice you should get good enough to time it and aim it to land where you wanted. This is very useful for getting Troop Traps up and over fences/walls and pairs well with Mark Target. You Mark Target somebody who decides they want to hide behind a wall until the red arrow goes away, you then drop them a little gift over the wall on top of them. The best way to use this, again with help of Mark Target is when the enemy is capturing one of your flags. You throw the Trap at them and before it goes off you Mark them, they will be ejected from the flag area (You can hope) and you can go onto the flag and start recapturing while you scout out where he landed and finish him off. Saves time, and being quick and efficient wins games.

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 12-11-2009 07:16 PM von JeSTeRP1.)
09-04-2009, 11:51 PM | Beitrag #4
Elenola 
Wonderful guide! Finally one that talks about abilities and tactics rather than just how to snipe! Thanks for the descriptions of each ability. Definitely going to follow this guide. Thanks!

Oh yeah, a question:

Is poisoned knife the only other ability besides those, and does piercing shot create an icon when you activate it?
09-04-2009, 11:58 PM | Beitrag #5
Jelemonde 
Wow! This class as actualy have more tactics than Sniping and being a cheap guy! Good work.

[Bild: 9srrk8.png]
[Bild: 255qo82.jpg]
09-04-2009, 11:58 PM | Beitrag #6
JeSTeRP1 
(09-04-2009 11:51 PM)Elenola schrieb:  Wonderful guide! Finally one that talks about abilities and tactics rather than just how to snipe! Thanks for the descriptions of each ability. Definitely going to follow this guide. Thanks!

Oh yeah, a question:

Is poisoned knife the only other ability besides those, and does piercing shot create an icon when you activate it?

Poisoned Blade and Mark Target were left out.

Piercing Shot shows a bright cross-hair over your character for a few moments after activating.

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 10-04-2009 12:05 AM von JeSTeRP1.)
10-04-2009, 12:47 AM | Beitrag #7
{G}amer{W}iz 
Am I the only commando that has absolutely no plans for getting elixir? Or poison knife or whatever?

I'm a sniper, not Sam Fisher or Solid Snake.

[Bild: bfhsigcopy.png]

XFire: Gamerwiz09 | Steam: Gamerwiz09
10-04-2009, 01:13 AM | Beitrag #8
Cruxian 
Nah your not alot on that one mate.
I'm no Solid Snake or Sam Fisher either, i much prefer to be a sniper.
*Insert bragging about sniping skill here*
I much prefer to buff out my piercing shot and troop trap
Considering there are numerable spots on ALL maps where you can effectivly contribute to your teams play (aswell as rack up some kills) without being seen, some of these aren't of any use to me.

Mihail Ilyich Surkov - Red Army - All time highest scoring sniper - 702 confirmed kills.
Commando Cruxian - National Army - Following the works of Surkov - 284 recorded kills.

GETTIN' THERE.
10-04-2009, 01:25 AM | Beitrag #9
Chemaqua 
Major LOL at blackninja - everybody who's seen the thread reporting him or has had the misfortune of playing against him knows that he's a hacker. Yes, buying a cheat program gets you a huge KDR, but it's not skill.

-Che

[Bild: chxh67]

| LONGER ROUNDS | Fight me! | WNxFinesse |
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with an 100% death rate.
10-04-2009, 01:29 AM | Beitrag #10
blackninja 
i never supported cheating in ANY game..and people who PAY for 3rd party programs.. just wow man get some skill.. i dont hack im just pro. you got outplayed by me. im the best

[Bild: captureall.jpg]

Number of times been called hacker: lost count

and FYI; i dont hack, im legit, and you all make excuses each time you die. (see the sig above)

Redninja, #1 sniper on this game, if you have a better K/D than me post it, untill then STFU im the best.
10-04-2009, 03:49 AM | Beitrag #11
Banne 
(10-04-2009 01:29 AM)blackninja schrieb:  i never supported cheating in ANY game..and people who PAY for 3rd party programs.. just wow man get some skill.. i dont hack im just pro. you got outplayed by me. im the best

When you're denyning it, it's like being in a room all alone and then you fart and telling it wasn't you....

Play clean. Have a nice day.
10-04-2009, 06:02 AM | Beitrag #12
Chemaqua 
The best players are silent about their ability until they need to supply information about it (applying to clans, teaching new players modestly, etc.). You, kid, are just something to be pitied. Have you even seen Iroquois' video on you? You are an imbecile if you continue to deny the fact after the video has been circulating so long.

-Che

10-04-2009, 07:01 AM | Beitrag #13
JeSTeRP1 
Chemaqua, you just had to say something in response to that idiot and now you've gone and trashed my thread. I really appreciate your ability to take the bait. Just ignore him and he shuts up.

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com
10-04-2009, 07:07 AM | Beitrag #14
Mylon 
[quote='Chemaqua' pid='90897' dateline='1239339725']
The best players are silent about their ability until they need to supply information about it (applying to clans, teaching new playe
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 03-08-2009 08:52 AM von ShadeShooter.)
Webseite des Benutzers besuchen Alle Beitr├Ąge dieses Benutzers finden
10-04-2009, 08:27 AM | Beitrag #15
swamidude 
Hey guys,
Nice guide, it really helped me, especially the piercing shot and elixer bit.
I have a little tip myself for troop trap.
Sometimes I leave troop traps in somewhere round a corner, on a wall mostly.
I find a spot where I can see the trap, and wait. If an enemy comes along, he might:
A) Be stupid and get blown up by it
B) see the troop trap
In thAt time it takes between him seeing and reacting (running away fro
it) you should shoot the troop trap!
Using this technique I have gained quite a few kills.
Best,
Shiv
10-04-2009, 08:29 AM | Beitrag #16
swamidude 
Hey guys,
Nice guide, it really helped me, especially the piercing shot and elixer bit.
I have a little tip myself for troop trap.
Sometimes I leave troop traps in somewhere round a corner, on a wall mostly.
I find a spot where I can see the trap, and wait. If an enemy comes along, he might:
A) Be stupid and get blown up by it
B) see the troop trap
In thAt time it takes between him seeing and reacting (running away fro
it) you should shoot the troop trap!
Using this technique I have gained quite a few kills.
Best,
Shiv
10-04-2009, 05:43 PM | Beitrag #17
JeSTeRP1 
Troop Trap can also be used on yourself to get to cliff-tops that you would usually have required a plane to access. Just throw it on the ground near where you want to go, turn your back towards the direction you want to get launched, stand as close as possible to the Troop Trap and then Snipe the top part of the Explosive. Very useful on a lot of parts in Buccaneer Bay for getting up on those cliffs with the plateaus to Snipe from.

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 10-04-2009 05:43 PM von JeSTeRP1.)
10-04-2009, 08:28 PM | Beitrag #18
Harkonis 
Elixir is good for pure snipers too, not just knifers.

The shield lets you live longer in a commando vs commando snipe-out. It also gives you the added mobility to get around corners and be evasive. In addition you have the extra speed burst to grab vehicles or flags that much quicker.
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM | Beitrag #19
Chemaqua 
Please excuse me, JeSTeRP1. I should have thought a little more carefully before I replied. Back on topic - I love swamidude's idea. It never occurred to me to trigger the troop trap myself - it's a great tactic, especially at the lower level traps. As for the Elixir, at which level does it really become useful? I know Stealth is almost pointless below level 4, and Piercing Shot only becomes powerful at level 3, but is consistently useful at 2.

-Che

[NOTE]: The above is strictly my opinion, and it changes very quickly when I learn new strategies.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 10-04-2009 08:57 PM von Chemaqua.)
10-04-2009, 10:39 PM | Beitrag #20
Harkonis 
elixir is useful at level 1 due to the speed boost more than the shield.

The shield is useful at 3 or so imo and the jump from 4-5 is well worth the points.

Gehe zu:

X
Diese Person zu deiner Freundesliste hinzuf├╝gen
Diese Person aus deiner Freundesliste entfernen
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend